LEASH IS OFF!!!! Wilson to RIP IT for rest of season

7 minutes ago, jgb said:

You know Luther, Obama's anger translator? You need the opposite of that.

You need to take a break and bust someone else's balls and stop being such an over the top drama queen.  

Anger, wigging out and whatever else you think you got on my son.  Its time to stop

Just now, Jet Nut said:

You need to take a break and bust someone else's balls and stop being such an over the top drama queen.  

Anger, wigging out and whatever else you think you got on my son.  Its time to stop

Sober up and re-read our exchange.

5 minutes ago, jgb said:

Sober up and re-read our exchange.

It wasnt that exhilarating a read.

You accused me of wigging out, needing anger mgt whatever and now need to sober up and then brought my son into it.

All off a comment about hero ball 

Youre having a sensitive morning.  

6 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

Yep. Can’t make it up. Poor Macc the look on his face. What have I done! This just never gets old. 

You are the last person on the planet to continue to think that Adam Gase was the problem.

Joe Douglas can't pick players, Robert Saleh can't motivate players, Mike LaFleur can't call plays, and Zach Wilson can't throw 5 yards with accuracy. 

It's not 2020 anymore.  You need a new scapegoat. 

SAR I

5 hours ago, jgb said:

Not like we are winning games with this complex system anyway. Sometimes when coaches are fixated on "out smarting" the defense they end up out smarting their own players.

Simplify the system. Don't worry about looking clever or cute or even winning the game. Everything on that side of the ball should be about getting Zach confidence reps and then install more complex elements as he settles in. This is basically what the Pats are doing now.

It really isn't rocket science. But there seems to be an epidemic among OCs where their top priority is to prove how clever they are to make them a hot HC candidate.

I said it a billion times already. Keep it simple. I didn’t care if we go 0-17. I just want to see progress, competitiveness out of this team. Even the one game we won, they were awful in the 1st half. This season was supposed to be about playing hard, getting experience, all gas/no breaks BS. Instead, it’s been about forcing a theme they are just not equipped or ready to implement. It’s absolute insanity. How hard is it to throw a down and out, a screen, a slant, a go route down the sidelines. Safe stuff. And every now and then go deep. Zach has thrown a few with very good results- the  pass to Davis for a TD and the 2 deep throws that resulted in PI’s. I mean how hard is it to just throw that up and let Mims and Davis fight for a jump ball? Saleh needs to put LaFleur in check. Can you imagine what  Parcells would be doing if this was going on under his nose. 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

I said it a billion times already. Keep it simple. I didn’t care if we go 0-17. I just want to see progress, competitiveness out of this team. Even the one game we won, they were awful in the 1st half. This season was supposed to be about playing hard, getting experience, all gas/no breaks BS. Instead, it’s been about forcing a theme they are just not equipped or ready to implement. It’s absolute insanity. How hard is it to throw a down and out, a screen, a slant, a go route down the sidelines. Safe stuff. And every now and then go deep. Zach has thrown a few with very good results- the  pass to Davis for a TD and the 2 deep throws that resulted in PI’s. I mean how hard is it to just throw that up and let Mims and Davis fight for a jump ball? Saleh’s needs to out LaFleur in check. Can you imagine what  Parcells would be doing if this was going on under his nose. 

First time HC growing pains. He brought LaFleur in to run the offense, Saleh has only been responsible for defense up til now, probably trying to avoid being seen as a meddler/micro-manager. 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, SAR I said:

You are the last person on the planet to continue to think that Adam Gase was the problem.

Joe Douglas can't pick players, Robert Saleh can't motivate players, Mike LaFleur can't call plays, and Zach Wilson can't throw 5 yards with accuracy. 

It's not 2020 anymore.  You need a new scapegoat. 

SAR I

Confucius say Denial is not a river in Egypt. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, David Harris said:

I hope Becton comes back correct.  Our run game is a huge strain on Zach.  If we could get some chunk runs behind Becton and AVT it’d make a world of difference and take pressure off Zach.  

I’m also hoping we keep Moses at RT and bench Fant with eyes on the future in resigning Moses.  Fant is significantly better at LT, adequate in pass blocking and bad at run blocking.  There’s no way we keep his $11 mill salary next year.  Moses is better on the right side, if you bench him when Mekhi comes back this increases the chances Moses walks in 2022.   

In a perfect world we resign Moses to a two year deal and renegotiate Fant down to top backup swing tackle money. However I think Fant balks at this as teams like the Jaguars would love to have his simple adequacy at protecting their young QB’s blind side at LT.

Draft two OL with our first two picks.  Get a run game and unleash Zach. 

I have a good feeling about Zach.  He voices awareness of all his issues and will methodically improve them. Kid says all the perfect things, has all the talent in the world.

This. People have to understand we see the talent the kid has he throws a great ball with timing and anticipation. He is struggling with some things but nothing overly alarming, he doesn’t have the best supporting cast either. We need to have patience with this kid instead of running him out of town before the season is over. I understand people may have wanted the Jets to draft another QB and just want to point out his negatives. Watch some of the throws the kid makes it’s very impressive. Then some are not at all, but you see the potential. The kid is resilient, with the right support and as stated above repetition, repetition, repetition . Train as you fight fight as you train.
Things will slow down for this kid, he has the right disposition to handle the New York market which includes the media and fans which others could not handle.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

14 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Braxton Berrios: 8,276 targets upcoming, breaking an NFL record.

Berrios is a curious case ... 12 catches in his first two games, only 4 in his next three.

He's been seeing the field far less, I guess since Crowder / Cole came back from injury.

1 hour ago, THE BARON said:

Wow.  This translates to: My coaches are clueless and they are messing me up.  I have to do this myself.  

Here ya go, Zack

This could be our Billy Beane Moneyball moment.

5 wides the whole game, no runs at all, no throws shorter than 15 yards, every throw a deep 50/50 ball.

Zach Wilson may change the game forever.

SAR I

49 minutes ago, jamesr said:

Berrios is a curious case ... 12 catches in his first two games, only 4 in his next three.

He's been seeing the field far less, I guess since Crowder / Cole came back from injury.

Yea, exactly - not that curious!

Crowder coming back from injury was the big one. 

28 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I'm somewhat fine with that.

If he's gonna throw a gazillion picks I'd prefer he actually threw a few TDs too.

Get Mims out there and throw 50/50 balls to Mims and Davis.

Yep, I don't worry too much about rookie QBs and picks. I want to see this guy take his shots and not be afraid to make a mistake. 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, SAR I said:

This could be our Billy Beane Moneyball moment.

5 wides the whole game, no runs at all, no throws shorter than 15 yards, every throw a deep 50/50 ball.

Zach Wilson may change the game forever.

SAR I

I always thought that Wilson was a good fit for a contemporary version of the Pardee offense 

The bye week came at a good time.  Wilson, and frankly the entire team, needs to regroup and get back on track from a mental standpoint.

I think Wilson is referring to his missed throws from the first five weeks (throws behind receivers, throws into the ground, etc.).  He needs to stop overthinking it and just chuck the ball out there.  Use his natural talents.  Accuracy and ball placement have never really been big issues for him in the past.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

18 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Have to say from off the cut player comments, to weird coaching, to the mimms thing to getting blown weekly 2021 is a special type of dumpster fire I wasn’t expecting 

Seriously? 

1. This is not an off the cuff comment.  It something pretty much every rookie says.  They come in and learn a new system, generally more complex than college.  They tend to overthink things trying to make sure that everyhing they do is correct.  Then they don't throw the ball well.  They remember the good old days (college) and say they have to "rip it like they used to."  

2.  What coaching do you find weird? 

3. The Mims thing?  I'm not sure it even is a thing.  IMO they see him as a backup to Davis who has generally been solid and healthy.  When Davis hurt his ankle, on came Mims.  Do you remember any coaches taking over and not having some guys you thought would improve regress?  Darnold with Gase,  Rhodes, with Rex, Vilma and Robertson with Mangini.  Geno and Coples were going to take big steps up with Bowles.

4.  Weekly is good.  Daily is better.

5.  Special type of dumpster fire?  What exactly did you expect?  I get that the team sucks and it is not that fun to watch.  I just don't understand what people expected.  How many wins did you legitimately expect in 2021?  We are on a pace for what I thought and things should clean up as the year goes on.  

• Upvote 2

The first thing he should be working on is learning to step up in the pocket. You can get away with passing when falling back or back peddaling when you have 26 year old's on your Oline playing against kids like he had at BYU. He can't get away with that in the NFL , especially with the Jets Oline (albeit they have been getting better since game 1 ).

• Upvote 1

On 10/13/2021 at 9:38 AM, FTL Jet Fan said:

This. People have to understand we see the talent the kid has he throws a great ball with timing and anticipation. He is struggling with some things but nothing overly alarming, he doesn’t have the best supporting cast either. We need to have patience with this kid instead of running him out of town before the season is over. I understand people may have wanted the Jets to draft another QB and just want to point out his negatives. Watch some of the throws the kid makes it’s very impressive. Then some are not at all, but you see the potential. The kid is resilient, with the right support and as stated above repetition, repetition, repetition . Train as you fight fight as you train.
Things will slow down for this kid, he has the right disposition to handle the New York market which includes the media and fans which others could not handle.

The problem with him is he's over thinking every throw. He needs to sling it like he said in his presser. I believe once he starts doing that you're see a different QB.

• Sympathy 1