LEASH IS OFF!!!! Wilson to RIP IT for rest of season

1 hour ago, 68JET11 said:

The problem with him is he's over thinking every throw. He needs to sling it like he said in his presser. I believe once he starts doing that you're see a different QB.

Yeah,  I definitely can see that. Hopefully things slow down for him he absolutely has to take reps, and keep the BS out of his head. 

• Upvote 1

On 10/12/2021 at 8:33 PM, FidelioJet said:

Maybe I'm reading into it but it sure does sound like he's basically saying I have to figure this on my own and not really being told the right thing.

You might have missed the part about his QB coach dying this summer and he is speaking with his own QB coach John Beck......:)

On 10/13/2021 at 1:13 PM, Bruce Harper said:

The fact that he completed roughly 75% of his passes in college makes me think he's likely to figure out the accuracy issues.

Not really a strong correlation overall.  Many highly accurate college QB's were not at the next level and he was only that high for that one wonky season where they played the cupcake schedule.  With the way Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson are developing as passers, not sure it's even all that meaningful at all anymore.  Up till the Burrow and Jones seasons, Tim Tebow was the most efficient passer in SEC history. 

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Not really a strong correlation overall.  Many highly accurate college QB's were not at the next level and he was only that high for that one wonky season where they played the cupcake schedule.  With the way Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson are developing as passers, not sure it's even all that meaningful at all anymore.  Up till the Burrow and Jones seasons, Tim Tebow was the most efficient passer in SEC history. 

5 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Not really a strong correlation overall.  Many highly accurate college QB's were not at the next level and he was only that high for that one wonky season where they played the cupcake schedule.  With the way Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson are developing as passers, not sure it's even all that meaningful at all anymore.  Up till the Burrow and Jones seasons, Tim Tebow was the most efficient passer in SEC history

85E461B3-35FA-4214-9EE0-473EFD677D34.jpeg

17 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Coming into the season, I presumed that Wilson would suck and it’d kneecap Saleh. Now, at this point, I think Wilson can be really good, but Saleh is kneecapping him. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Coming into the season, I presumed that Wilson would suck and it’d kneecap Saleh. Now, at this point, I think Wilson can be really good, but Saleh is kneecapping him. 

Saleh has been a huge disappointment so far, no way around that. We have to hope he figures stuff out over the next year and a half. 

Wilson has more talent than I realized, but he probably won't make it in this organization :(

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

Saleh has been a huge disappointment so far, no way around that. We have to hope he figures stuff out over the next year and a half. 

Wilson has more talent than I realized, but he probably won't make it in this organization :(

I figured he had a lot of arm talent, but I thought that being The Jets Quarterback would be too much for him because he’s a wealthy, sheltered dude from Utah with an injury history. What’s impressed me with Wilson has been his toughness and his willingness to take responsibility for everything. Saleh, on the other hand, looks overwhelmed. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Possibly but he's really bad and they're saying they think his fundamentals are fine, so that is super concerning because Zach says they work on it daily, so he's just losing it in game?  If that's the case, how is it on the coaching?  The all 22 is showing him also missing receivers, in addition to the pass attempts he's missing.  You can see how out of sync he is in numerous aspects from footwork, drop backs, play fakes, pocket manipulation, etc. which makes it really hard to know what is the root cause. 

The simple logic is that he's just raw AF and needs a ton of development.  I doubt the bye week is enough time for the lights to go on, so you just have to hope the live bullets help him not hurt him long term and he can figure it out in the offseason and hopefully JD fixes the talent level. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Possibly but he's really bad and they're saying they think his fundamentals are fine, so that is super concerning because Zach says they work on it daily, so he's just losing it in game?  If that's the case, how is it on the coaching?  The all 22 is showing him also missing receivers, in addition to the pass attempts he's missing.  You can see how out of sync he is in numerous aspects from footwork, drop backs, play fakes, pocket manipulation, etc. which makes it really hard to know what is the root cause. 

The simple logic is that he's just raw AF and needs a ton of development.  I doubt the bye week is enough time for the lights to go on, so you just have to hope the live bullets help him not hurt him long term and he can figure it out in the offseason and hopefully JD fixes the talent level. 

I think it’s on the coaching because Zack Wilson is a 23 year old kid and it looks and sounds like he’s coaching himself. If he’s making the same fundamental mistake this far along in the process, why is that? I think he’s a smart guy who can take coaching, but I think his OC is a ****nut man child who’s in way over his head. 

Zach is probably hoping his 4-int performance against the pats was a fluke if he plans on letting it rip against them, and I certainly hope so too. Honestly overthinking throws might be a big part, because it leads to him taking too much time before throwing, but throwing into triple coverage isn't the right solution to it either. As lots have established, there are a ton of problems.

10 hours ago, Hex said:

Zach is probably hoping his 4-int performance against the pats was a fluke if he plans on letting it rip against them, and I certainly hope so too. Honestly overthinking throws might be a big part, because it leads to him taking too much time before throwing, but throwing into triple coverage isn't the right solution to it either. As lots have established, there are a ton of problems.

Part of the problem against NE the first time was he was force feeding the ball to Davis. Everyone in football knows Belicheck is going to try and take away your biggest weapon. This time they need to spread the ball out to different wr's and perhaps finally utilize the TE's and RB's out of the backfield. 

16 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Part of the problem against NE the first time was he was force feeding the ball to Davis. Everyone in football knows Belicheck is going to try and take away your biggest weapon. This time they need to spread the ball out to different wr's and perhaps finally utilize the TE's and RB's out of the backfield. 

It’s going to interesting and it’s going to be a test for Zach and LaFleur.   This will be the first time they will see a team for the second time.   What will their adjustments be and what will Zach do differently.  This Patriot team isn’t very good, rookie QB Davis Mills, with way less preparation than Zach has had this season, looked really comfortable against the Patriot defense.  I expect to see a MUCH better performance up in Foxboro than we saw at MetLife.    It better improve, or we are in for some big problems ahead.   

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

That's a good point, especially if Zach realizes that he can take advantage of that by using the double/triple coverage to throw to other receivers who would be more open than they would normally be.

The Lamar Jackson and Josh Allen situations are mostly about two really flawed prospects ending up on teams with brilliant coaching staffs who built teams around their talents. The Jets are trying to make Wilson play like Jimmy Garoppollo.

It would be an outright miracle if Zach became as good as Garoppollo.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2