Jump to content

Darrelle Revis: I did not enjoy my time with Patriots


Recommended Posts

Brady just won a SB playing for Arians.  He looks like a different person.   Revis was the key reason we went to two AFC finals.  He was spectacular.  I have no doubt playing for Rex or Arians is much more fun for the players.  
 

Bills legacy is going to get tarnished if he leaves the Pats with multiple losing seasons and in total rebuild.  Compare that to what Walsh left in SF.  Another reason Walsh is the best modern day HC in history.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

TL;DR   Bill Belichick,  scumbag

I couldn't possibly care less what Revis enjoyed. He's a Patriot for life.  Don't want the Jets to have anything to do with him.

F Revis...

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

Except Mangini won f*ck all when Revis was here. 

Everyone despised Mangini except you. He took one of the most talented rosters in the league, was given a HOF QB and could only muster 9 wins. If you like winning you would be especially inclined to dislike such an absolute loser. Chad Pennington’s bitch.

Rex Ryan is the best coach Revis played under which is probably why he liked him. They were the best defences he ever played for and brought the best out of Revis individually. BB’s record without Brady is terrible, now imagine it with Sanchez/Geno lol.

Brady won those Superbowls. Imagine him with Rex omg.

 

Post of the Week

  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

When I was kicking it in da club with my man Laveranues Coles back in the day, I remember shooting the sh*t about the team a little bit and specifically the Revis trade. My main squeeze LC told me that he talked to Revis after the trade and he said he didnt think anyone could get worse than Mangini and how the entire team absolutely hated Mangini but then he met Greg Schiano. 

gfy @T0mShane

I ❤️ u @Irish Jet

  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Brady just won a SB playing for Arians.  He looks like a different person.   Revis was the key reason we went to two AFC finals.  He was spectacular.  I have no doubt playing for Rex or Arians is much more fun for the players.  
 

Bills legacy is going to get tarnished if he leaves the Pats with multiple losing seasons and in total rebuild.  Compare that to what Walsh left in SF.  Another reason Walsh is the best modern day HC in history.  

BB forced arguably the greatest TE of all time into retirement and suddenly felt the urge to play again...

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

When I was kicking it in da club with my main Laveranues Coles back in the day, I remember shooting the sh*t about the team a little bit and specifically the Revis trade. My main squeeze LC told me that he talked to Revis after the trade and he said he didnt think anyone could get worse than Mangini and how the entire team absolutely hated Mangini but then he met Greg Schiano. 

gfy @T0mShane

I ❤️ u @Irish Jet

I just tried to imagine what the “VIP section” of a “club” in Jacksonville would look like and I got really, really depressed.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Yup. Unless you're 15 and haven't yet been exposed to how the adult world of business works. Vigorously waving the pom poms and actually believing that sports teams are equivalent to tribes is truly naive. NFL franchises have literally no loyalty to fading players so why should players maintain blind career loyalty to a team? Revis did what was right for him personally. Good for him. Did he handle it in the most politic way possible not to offend the pom pom wavers. No. But I honestly do see anything to hate. He leveraged his talent and got what he could for it. As any of us would if we saw how thing actually work in the NFL.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Yes, Fido he literally has a ring.

Yes, Fido he literally was traded.

FYI: Profound, try-hard takes on actual facts don’t make you sound like an intellectual.

I really don't understand the need for nastiness and sarcasm, but if that's your thing - go for it, I won't argue.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

Except Mangini won f*ck all when Revis was here. 

Everyone despised Mangini except you. He took one of the most talented rosters in the league, was given a HOF QB and could only muster 9 wins. If you like winning you would be especially inclined to dislike such an absolute loser. Chad Pennington’s bitch.

Rex Ryan is the best coach Revis played under which is probably why he liked him. They were the best defences he ever played for and brought the best out of Revis individually. BB’s record without Brady is terrible, now imagine it with Sanchez/Geno lol.

Brady won those Superbowls. Imagine him with Rex omg.

 

He took a horrible roster with a QB who couldn't make half the throws down the field and outside the hash marks to the playoffs in his rookie as a HC.   His second year he lost his starting QB and had to throw a rookie who never developed into an NFL starter into the frey.  

With Favre healthy he put the Jets in position to have a home field bye with huge wins over NE and TN.  Favre got hurt and completely shat the bed down the stretch.  

Rex would never have drafted Revis.  The quality of the players we drafted under Rex were turds.

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, jgb said:

Let's see what team he represents at his HOF induction. I respect this guy's game on the field and his business game off it but I also don't trust anything he says.

Well considering no NFL football player has ever represented a team when hes inducted that wont be a choice by Revis or an issue 

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Well, you made a claim that he had no choice because the Jets traded him.  From my view that's not what happened. 

 

After that, we'll just have to agree to disagree on the player and the man.  I don't like the guy, you do.  That's totally fine.  

Thats exactly what happened, Idzik traded him.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

have a hard time you're believing what you're saying.  Honestly, we're talking about 3 hold outs in three years...This is not taking a higher offer situation.  

This needs to be true.

1, he missed the start of camp while negotiations were ongoing.  Thats not a holdout, you cant holdout when you dont have a contract, have never worn a uniform

2.  Yes he held out, had Rex checking his room on Hard Knocks

3.  Imaginary hold out that never happened.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I have a hard time you're believing what you're saying.  Honestly, we're talking about 3 hold outs in three years...This is not taking a higher offer situation.  

This is a guy that was out for himself far beyond anything I've ever seen from a professional athlete..again, that's fine, but I don't have to like the guy.

then he does go to the Pats - which I don't love but the least of my concerns - it's when he came back and literally didn't even try.  I mean there were times he would just step out of the way of tackles.  Not a little bit but an obvious - I'm not getting hit for this sh*tty team.  

Again, his prerogative, Jets stupidity, but I don't have to like him for it.  You're welcome too.

My perspective on Team loyalty and the NFL has changed dramatically over my life time.  I started rooting for the Jets when there were 2 leagues and real competition for players.   I continue to root for the Jets but I look at NFL football as a single brand.  When the Jets suck I watch them but when I want to watch good NFL football I watch other games.

THe NFL is simply a single brand monopoly.  The Jets and the Pats are like going to Macdonalds when you're on a road trip.  In NE the NFL is called the Pats in NY it's called the Jets and Giants.

Revis is an interesting guy because he was one of the few that figured out how to bust the trust and maximize his income.  At the time I hated him as disloyal.  I realize looking back that what made him a great CB is the same thing that made him a great trust buster.  He was smart.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Thats exactly what happened, Idzik traded him.  

 

Sure, the end result was he got traded...but I don't think it's telling the full story - IMO,  it's far less simple than that.

Now, in hindsight, they probably should have just paid the guy.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Biggs said:

My perspective on Team loyalty and the NFL has changed dramatically over my life time.  I started rooting for the Jets when there were 2 leagues and real competition for players.   I continue to root for the Jets but I look at NFL football as a single brand.  When the Jets suck I watch them but when I want to watch good NFL football I watch other games.

THe NFL is simply a single brand monopoly.  The Jets and the Pats are like going to Macdonalds when you're on a road trip.  In NE the NFL is called the Pats in NY it's called the Jets and Giants.

Revis is an interesting guy because he was one of the few that figured out how to bust the trust and maximize his income.  At the time I hated him as disloyal.  I realize looking back that what made him a great CB is the same thing that made him a great trust buster.  He was smart.

I don't disagree with a word you wrote here.  Other than "he was smart".  You can say he maximized his income as a player - that is factual and he and his uncle were very good it, just not sure that makes him smart.

But, again, I just don't have to like him for it.  He has every right to take the path he chose but all I'm saying is there can be some negative consequences to those choices.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

This needs to be true.

1, he missed the start of camp while negotiations were ongoing.  Thats not a holdout, you cant holdout when you dont have a contract, have never worn a uniform

2.  Yes he held out, had Rex checking his room on Hard Knocks

3.  Imaginary hold out that never happened.  

Honestly, if that's the way you remember it I won't argue but he held out/threatened to hold out 3 out of 3 years....

You guys are the literal police on this thread for some reason.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll always love and appreciate Darrelle. Can't wait till he gets inducted into the Hall of Fame. We've had nothing but crappy players/teams for the last 10 years. It's made me appreciate the good times, even if we didn't win the ultimate prize, even more. 

The guy is an all-time great New York Jet. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, jackhuntr said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thespun.com/nfl/afc-east/new-england-patriots/nfl-world-reacts-to-darrelle-revis-patriots-admission/amp

 

Darrelle Revis: I did not enjoy my time with Patriots

 
 
 
Play Video
 
 
 By Jordan Cohn, Audacy Sports
WEEIFM.jpg?width=60&height=60&crop=1:1
October 12, 20219:18 am
 
 
 
 
 

Not too long ago, LeGarrette Blount joined a podcast and discussed how the locker rooms of two teams he had spent time with — the Eagles and Patriots — were like “night and day,” though he enjoyed both of them in different ways. In New England, he said he appreciated and thrived on the hard-work and no-nonsense environment that Bill Belichick instilled.

 

 
RELATED

How did another former Patriot, albeit one who had a shorter stay, feel about the locker room?

“Nobody likes it in the locker room. Just being honest, nobody likes it.”

70306cab02134d02858e9408b4d8ac5d96bb9bd1
Podcast Episode
I AM Athlete Podcast
Darrelle Revis | Who Was Responsible For The Success In New England, Tom Brady or Bill Belichick?
 
Listen Now

Well then. Apparently Darrelle Revis didn’t speak to Blount about his opinion of the locker room, but the main point here is that Revis is not all too fond of his time with the Patriots, despite picking up a Super Bowl ring in his lone season there. He joined the “I AM ATHLETE” podcast and spoke about why he liked Rex Ryan during his long stint with the New York Jets, but was not a huge fan of Bill Belichick once he landed in New England.

“It's just, it's two different cultural philosophies,” Revis said (2:59 mark). “You know, Rex is a little bit more loose. He likes dogs, he wants you to go out there and play hard, run into a wall, that's fine. But there’s a lot of news going on right now with Bill, in terms of him and Mr. Kraft, and there's a lot of stuff surfacing right now. At the end of the day, the way that he runs his ship is a little bit different. But I do give him credit for winning so many Super Bowls and having the longevity to do it.

“...When you play with the New England Patriots, there’s a lot of pressure every time you walk in the door because it's a lot of tension, it's a lot of noise going on in the background where, [with] how the team is [run], it's unknown. You don't know what Mr. Kraft is doing, you don't know what Bill's doing, you just don't know…”

Listen to sports talk now on Audacy and shop the latest NFL team gear

But winning is what people want, right? That's why co-host of “I AM ATHLETE” Channing Crowder wanted to at least see whether or not he enjoyed his time there. Maybe even a little bit?

“No, I did not,” Revis said plainly, with a laugh. “You know, I'm happy for the grind and the hustle of winning Super Bowl 49, but you know waking up every day and walking into the facility and having to deal with the tension, you see why they've been to ten Super Bowls. You see the hustle and the grind of it, but at the end of the day, there's other philosophies to win and it doesn't have to be that way.”

Check out the full interview embedded above or here for more on Revis’s time with the Jets and Patriots, his locker room fight with Brandon Marshall, whether he thinks Tom Brady or Bill Belichick is more responsible for the Patriots’ success, his post-playing struggles with PTSD and much more.

 

 
RELATED
GettyImages1027503318-1-4abc08ed-680e-449f-bd1d-16b968bc012e.jpg?crop=16:9

 

I haven't  watched the video but I think this is a pretty rediculous statement. As an organization,  if you find something that works, you stick with it. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

I haven't  watched the video but I think this is a pretty rediculous statement. As an organization,  if you find something that works, you stick with it. 

Completely agree.  I think it tells a little about Revis's mindset...Seems to me he was saying winning, to him, was not a priority.

But I am starting to wonder if it wasn't really the system after all, but simply the GOAT at QB.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Completely agree.  I think it tells a little about Revis's mindset...Seems to me he was saying winning, to him, was not a priority.

But I am starting to wonder if it wasn't really the system after all, but simply the GOAT at QB.

I wouldn't go so far to say BB had nothing to do with all the wins. A team needs to be good to win and have good and great players to win a SB but I would say BB probably  gave them 2 or 3 extra wins a season.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I wouldn't go so far to say BB had nothing to do with all the wins. A team needs to be good to win and have good and great players to win a SB but I would say BB probably  gave them 2 or 3 extra wins a season.  

While I agree with your end result that BB is responsible for those extra wins - I'm just not sure it's the "system" but rather BB is likely the best DC in the game - probably best ever.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Honestly, if that's the way you remember it I won't argue but he held out/threatened to hold out 3 out of 3 years....

You guys are the literal police on this thread for some reason.

No what happened is fans thought he would be a holdout and thats why he was traded.  But Revis never said he would hold out or take the opt out whatever he had in place in his deal.  But there was a lot of assuming without any facts to back it up

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JiFapono said:

BB forced arguably the greatest TE of all time into retirement and suddenly felt the urge to play again...

Yeah but just like Chandler Jones and Tom Brady his brilliance easily replaced there production with scheming, drafting and free agency. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Well considering no NFL football player has ever represented a team when hes inducted that wont be a choice by Revis or an issue 

That's my bad I was confusing with MLB HOF. Nevertheless, the point stands. Revis will make the HOF as a first time nominee and it will be based largely on his Jets play. He's getting into the Ring of Honor, folks. It is a given.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jgb said:

That's my bad I was confusing with MLB HOF. Nevertheless, the point stands. Revis will make the HOF as a first time nominee and it will be based largely on his Jets play. He's getting into the Ring of Honor, folks. It is a given.

Youre right, he goes into the HOF and everyone will think and envision him in Jet green and white.  Hes a Jet, will always be thought of as a Jet no matter how many Jets fans get pissed he was traded and then signed with the Pats when the Jets didnt offer him a deal.  

He goes into the Ring of Honor because he is better than any player not named Namath and maybe Martin

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jgb said:

That's my bad I was confusing with MLB HOF. Nevertheless, the point stands. Revis will make the HOF as a first time nominee and it will be based largely on his Jets play. He's getting into the Ring of Honor, folks. It is a given.

I'm really not sure of that...especially if you look at this thread.

It seems to be about half the people here can't stand the guy.  

Is that really what the Jets want? Inducting a guy into the ring of honor over a chorus of boos?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

I'm really not sure of that...especially if you look at this thread.

It seems to be about half the people here can't stand the guy.  

Is that really what the Jets want? Inducting a guy into the ring of honor over a chorus of boos?

 

I've said this before, the posters here are a really poor representation of Jets fans.  Go to games and see how many hate Revis like some here do.  No one carried on about his holding out other than wanting Tanny the Jets to get it done.  Not even close to half the fans in the stadium hated him.   

 

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

I really don't understand the need for nastiness and sarcasm, but if that's your thing - go for it, I won't argue.

Are you F'ing kidding me?  lol

world of warcraft legion GIF

 

 

Quote

 

I'm glad to see a strong majority of the fans on this board aren't just downright idiots. But for the minority that voted they wouldn't draft him again, there are two groups...

1) The anti-zaxers that are truly enjoying his inevitable struggles - Those people I honestly feel bad for - would rather see their team lose to be proven right - must be a very sad existence - honestly, it must translate outside of football too.  Tough life for sure.

2) The other folks that were fine with ZW being drafted but now after 5 weeks - of a lot of poor play with some flashes of special and a rookie of the week.  Exactly the type of performance that should be expected and even hoped for - from a rookie QB on a sh*tty team  - that are now are saying it was a mistake to draft him....

I mean those people are just downright stupid - I mean, no offense to y'all that changed your mind on 5 weeks of rookie QB play - I'm sure you just can't help it,  people's intelligence levels are what they're born with - so I truly wish you the best in life, can't be an easy one.

 

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, jgb said:

That's my bad I was confusing with MLB HOF. Nevertheless, the point stands. Revis will make the HOF as a first time nominee and it will be based largely on his Jets play. He's getting into the Ring of Honor, folks. It is a given.

That ring of honor list isn’t exactly long and distinguished. Great at his peak, 09-11, overrated overall though IMO, especially compared with other corners who were good for longer and created more turnovers. I think the first ballot thing is up in the air as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Inside Out Reaction GIF

Poor Darrelle.   

As we have learned throughout the years, the Belichick system is not for everyone.  It is a grind.  Some players enjoy the grind.  Darrelle did not.  The short term relationship was mutually beneficial.  Darrelle and the Patriots earned a ring.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I've said this before, the posters here are a really poor representation of Jets fans.  Go to games and see how many hate Revis like some here do.  No one carried on about his holding out other than get it done.  Not even close to half the fans in the stadium hated him.  

 

I'll believe it when I see it - I still highly doubt it.

I know plenty of Jet fans - none of them are on JN....and none of them like Revis.

Either way, not worth debating this - we will have to wait and see.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...