Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Snicker the reffing is so terrible in this league these days.  As I've said before this is now game management by the NFL jst like NHL reffing.
This IS the best analogy ... better than basketball.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Fire this pusc

i bet if that was Zach Wilson instead of Tom Brady, the ref would just let Barnett curb stomp him right then and there

it's so obvious

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, oatmeal said:

League is rigged period 

I'm starting to believe that's the case. Been noticing a ridiculous amount of prime time games that are decided on the last drive. Trying to up those ratings or just coincidence ?

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, oatmeal said:

League is rigged period 

Felt this way for a while but the more and more I watch and the more and more this turns into professional wrestling, I agree.  Legit.  I think this sh*t is rigged, 100%

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JiFapono said:

That was officially the last time I will ever watch a regular season NFL game in which the NY Jets are not participants.  As the title clearly states, the NFL is a joke.  An absolute ******* disaster of a product.  It's pure an absolute dog sh*t.  The officiating is terrible.  It's almost like they're just point and laughing at their viewers at this point.  Just calling you stupid and you dont know what you watching.  And the ref sticking his nose between Brady and a defender on a live ball INT scenario might be the most embarrassing moment in the history of this league and then the cherry on top with the ******* taunting penalties?  Embarrassing. 

The NFL sucks. 

That "taunting" penalty was laughable.  Look, the Eagles' player is an idiot because he knows the refs call that sh*t.  But still. 

As for the NFL?  Lots of us have been talking about how the league, under Goodell's leadership, has been diluted into weak tea.   Brick by brick, "they" have taken virtually all the teeth and grit out of the game and broadcast.   There is a price to pay for too many games on too many days, too many teams, too many not-ready-for-the-NFL players, etc.  

Right now, what's happening to the NFL is what took place in the Times Square area.   It is becoming a sports version of Disney or a family friendly amusement park minus all the scary rides.

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, oatmeal said:

League is rigged period 

Was watching a betting show prior to the game on fs1, and two of the guys best bets of the night were over 22 for the Eagles

Even though the statistics show it’s smart to go for 2 down 14, hardly ever do you see a team do it

and then the eagles do it last night to get to 22

Thought it was interesting 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

That "taunting" penalty was laughable.  Look, the Eagles' player is an idiot because he knows the refs call that sh*t.  But still. 

As for the NFL?  Lots of us have been talking about how the league, under Goodell's leadership, has been diluted into weak tea.   Brick by brick, "they" have taken virtually all the teeth and grit out of the game and broadcast.   There is a price to pay for too many games on too many days, too many teams, too many not-ready-for-the-NFL players, etc.  

Right now, what's happening to the NFL is what took place in the Times Square area.   It is becoming a sports version of Disney or a family friendly amusement park minus all the scary rides.

I used to watch the NFL all the time. Didn't matter what game it was. Now I pretty much just watch the Jets. Don't even waste my time with SNF or MNF. The game is boring. Can't hit, can't touch the QB, Taunting rule is a joke. The commish job is to protect the owners at all costs and make all the money he can for them.

It is right there along with the NBA as some of the most unwatchable sports out there

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting article this morning on ESPN that the NFL general counsel at the time and ex Redskins GM Bruce Allen were close. They published many emails, including some on the investigation of Synder, between the two. There is like zero percent chance that Goodel wasn't in the loop in all these emails. This is gonna get very ugly, or great, depending on how you feel about the commish.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, section314 said:

Interesting article this morning on ESPN that the NFL general counsel at the time and ex Redskins GM Bruce Allen were close. They published many emails, including some on the investigation of Synder, between the two. There is like zero percent chance that Goodel wasn't in the loop in all these emails. This is gonna get very ugly, or great, depending on how you feel about the commish.

Exposing Roger Goodell would be great but I think the league is too far down the path of pro-wrestling to ever comeback.

The NFL has jumped the shark. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Exposing Roger Goodell would be great but I think the league is too far down the path of pro-wrestling to ever comeback.

The NFL has jumped the shark. 

They only wish they could even pull that much off these days... I mean, who is the supposed babyface of the NFL?  It's just a league full of heels.

Of course, the Jets will always be the jobbers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, munchmemory said:

That "taunting" penalty was laughable.  Look, the Eagles' player is an idiot because he knows the refs call that sh*t.  But still. 

As for the NFL?  Lots of us have been talking about how the league, under Goodell's leadership, has been diluted into weak tea.   Brick by brick, "they" have taken virtually all the teeth and grit out of the game and broadcast.   There is a price to pay for too many games on too many days, too many teams, too many not-ready-for-the-NFL players, etc.  

Right now, what's happening to the NFL is what took place in the Times Square area.   It is becoming a sports version of Disney or a family friendly amusement park minus all the scary rides.

No doubt and like Time Square, it's just really one huge platform to obscenely force advertising down your throat.  The commercials are ridiculous.  Takes almost 5 hours to play a game with 12 minutes of actual action.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

They only wish they could even pull that much off these days... I mean, who is the supposed babyface of the NFL?  It's just a league full of heels.

Of course, the Jets will always be the jobbers.

I know this was silly but I literally watched a ref run down the field getting between 2 players during a live play.  A live play.  Brady was running down the field to make a tackle, Barnett was rightfully trying to keep him from the play, he wasnt being over aggressive, just pushing his chest and a ref ran down the field to break it up.  This happened, on live TV, for the world to see and it's acceptable behavior. 

It's like if a ref set a pick in the NBA.  lol 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JiFapono said:

That was officially the last time I will ever watch a regular season NFL game in which the NY Jets are not participants.  As the title clearly states, the NFL is a joke.  An absolute ******* disaster of a product.  It's pure an absolute dog sh*t.  The officiating is terrible.  It's almost like they're just point and laughing at their viewers at this point.  Just calling you stupid and you dont know what you watching.  And the ref sticking his nose between Brady and a defender on a live ball INT scenario might be the most embarrassing moment in the history of this league and then the cherry on top with the ******* taunting penalties?  Embarrassing. 

The NFL sucks. 

Saturday is my football day, and it has been for a long time.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Pichula said:

How on earth do you reverse that pick. You need indisputable evidence and there is no angle showing the ball hit the ground.

I didn't watch the game - so don't know the flow of what was going on but from what I saw on the replay - I didn't think it was a catch/int.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JiFapono said:

No doubt and like Time Square, it's just really one huge platform to obscenely force advertising down your throat.  The commercials are ridiculous.  Takes almost 5 hours to play a game with 12 minutes of actual action.  

And what happened to replays?  Seems like they're fewer and fewer.   Instead we get myriad shots of the HCs or fans.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...