What's Up With Denzel Mims?

Maxman

What's up @GREENBEAN haven't spoken to you in a while!? Hope all is well.

Here are a few takes and theories I have on what's up with Mims.

First off let me state that I was one of the small percentage that wasn't exactly elated that we drafted him. There were a few other guys that I thought were going to be better NFL players Laviska Shenault, Jalen Reager, and Brandon Aiyuk.. to name a few. In fact I think Mimss was at the bottom of the first tier of wide receivers from the tape I watched.

Number two.. yes he has the measurables but we all know that isn't everything. He can definitely run fast and jump high and he's 6'3, but what kind of teammate is he? What kind of a guy is he to work with? Personally after we drafted him I watched his first interview and he came off very chippy. This could have been cuz he was upset that he dropped in the draft a little bit, or maybe he's just like that? Again these are just theories. I don't care what you do for a living, if the guy that you're working next to all day is a prick it doesn't make things any easier. That being said, why did he drop in the draft?

Three and most importantly, over the years I've seen a two-way street where posters complain that we don't let the young guys play or that the coaches favor the veterans or "their" guys. So reading between the lines and this is just my opinion, I think Saleh is trying to build trust with his players and possibly telling them if you put the time in and you earn it you deserve to play. I think this would be something everybody who wasn't a first or second round pick would love to hear!?

If Braxton Berrios is willing to play multiple positions and do the dirty work and he's grateful and Mims isn't, then who is your go-to guy?

Maybe Mims just isn't a team player? IDK.. maybe he's dyslexic lol!? They're obviously not revealing what it really is and maybe they just don't want to embarrass him. I'm not saying he doesn't have talent he obviously does but there's definitely a reason they're bringing him around so slowly.

Lastly as I've said in the past I have four children that I raise ages 8 to 18 and I'm a single Dad. I don't want to hear that you're not picking your wet towel up off the bathroom floor cuz it wasn't yours. I don't want to hear that it's not your turn to take the garbage out you did it yesterday. I don't want to hear that nobody knows how we got toothpaste on the ceiling lmfao! The kid that does the dishes, takes the garbage out, and just picks the wet towel up and hangs it up, that's the kid that gets to pick the toppings on the pizza. That's the kid that gets to pick the movie that night. Let's get some s*** done so we can go fishing! Right!?

Don't tell me about the pain... just show me the baby!

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, thebuzzardman said:

I believe the answer is "he sucks"

Totes.  He has more receiving yardage than Elijah Moore despite 20 % the number of targets.  Just 12 yards less than Crowder despite a little over 25 % the number of targets.  3rd longest catch of the season.  Yeah, definitely sucks.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

52 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Totes.  He has more receiving yardage than Elijah Moore despite 20 % the number of targets.  Just 12 yards less than Crowder despite a little over 25 % the number of targets.  3rd longest catch of the season.  Yeah, definitely sucks.

These people have to be trolling us, right?  

8 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Sucks is too harsh. How about "not that good"

Moore apparently is "not that good" either. Another Douglas fail. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

33 minutes ago, thebuzzardman said:

Sucks is too harsh. How about "not that good"

Moore apparently is "not that good" either. Another Douglas fail. 

Patience level:  Jetsfan!

Moore has played four games.  Give him some time.  He drew a pretty good PI call and had at least one other that should have been called.  He seems to be getting separation and he is just having trouble getting in sync with Wilson.  That should be no surprise the way things are going.

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And he is getting 4.9 yards of separation per play on his routes which no other WR on the team is even close to achieving.. so yes Mims does not suck and I am saying that Mims, if given the time and development, will be a real player in the league....

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Charlie Brown said:

And he is getting 4.9 yards of separation per play on his routes which no other WR on the team is even close to achieving.. so yes Mims does not suck and I am saying that Mims, if given the time and development, will be a real player in the league....

@Charlie BrownWhere you get that separation stat?

I'm not a Mims fan because he was drafted instead of Claypool and also because of the undeserved slobber he gets here.

I also don't think Mims is anything special in the few times he's played.  (He's stiff, no shake, can't run a route, Mohamed Sanu is my comp)

Also, two coaching staffs never featured Mims in the game plan and that says a lot about what they think of him so far.

But I agree it's not over, he can improve with time and development.  Meanwhile Claypool, 10 TD's on way to 1,000 yard season with a crappy QB, and we still don't even know if Mims' has dance moves.

• Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Hmmmmmmm

I got the info from here:

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/ny-how-to-fix-offense-20211014-ae75pbtlwveevluc2af536xn7q-story.html

Mims has made key plays in two of the three games he’s been active. A 40-yard catch against the Panthers and a 27-yard catch against the Falcons. And Mims has only run 14 routes this season to produce those plays.

Mims is also averaging a blistering 4.9 yards of separation. Granted, it’s a small sample size, but the 2020 second-round pick’s talent is flashing.

Some folks want to knock Mims, that is up to you!

I was a Mims Fan from BEFORE the Jets drafted him ( I think and thought he had/has BEAST potential) and here is a video why...

Please watch just the first two catches on this tape alone and you can see why he is a special player

Finally, I for one have been a Jets fan long enough to know that just because the Jets FO says that Warren Sapp can't play or that Ken O'Brien is better than Dan Marino that doesn't make them right!

He has such good body control in the air.  and such soft hands.  It's exactly what this team is missing.

The coaching staff have to get over their "program" or "ego" thing, suck it up and do what's best for the development of Zach Wilson. 

We just don't have receivers that are capable of helping Zach out.  Yes, he hasn't been great and struggling a big right now, a WR that will give him some room for error right now can be invaluable.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

6 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Hmmmmmmm

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/ny-how-to-fix-offense-20211014-ae75pbtlwveevluc2af536xn7q-story.html

Mims has made key plays in two of the three games he’s been active. A 40-yard catch against the Panthers and a 27-yard catch against the Falcons. And Mims has only run 14 routes this season to produce those plays.

Mims is also averaging a blistering 4.9 yards of separation. Granted, it’s a small sample size, but the 2020 second-round pick’s talent is flashing.

I was a Mims Fan from BEFORE the Jets drafted him ( I think and thought he had/has BEAST potential) and here is a video why...

Please watch just the first two catches on this tape alone and you can see why he is a special player

Finally, I for one have been a Jets fan long enough to know that just because the Jets FO says that Warren Sapp can't play or that Ken O'Brien is better than Dan Marino that doesn't make them right!

Also. F Dan Marino

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Hmmmmmmm

Well, the rumors about Marino’s personal decisions probably increased his risk relative to O’Brien.

• Sympathy 1

42 minutes ago, Ian Fleming said:

Well, the rumors about Marino’s personal decisions probably increased his risk relative to O’Brien.

Hmmmm yes i agree…::.. I know the history and I thought it was stupid then!! I was younger then and was more in tune with what guys like Marino may or may not have done. 

But even then knowing the rumors the Jets were wrong.  To me the Jets always act like they are smarter then the rest of the NFL……..and they are NOT!!

The Jets always have a reason why not to do the smart thing.  We will see with Mims but would anyone be shocked to see him leave and have a pro-bowl career and all because the Jets are saying he doesn’t know all of the WR tree, this despite him having a 4.9 yards of separation during passes thrown when he is on the field!!

A team that made strategic decisions based on “nice bathrooms” that impacts the fan base for decades!

That ran to get Rich Kotite and the Adam Gases of the world like they were getting Vince Lombardi!

The Jets don’t have secret info and their 50 plus years of failure proves it  

Thus ends my rant!! :) 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1