Zach Ertz traded

Rhg1084

Just now, heymangold said:

Tbh I’m not giving up a player and a pick for Zach ertz.  While I want a TE, that’s not  smart for the rebuilding jets.

Yeah I'd prefer someone in their 20s like Njoku/Howard. Get a look-see and decide whether to extend (both on last year of rookie deal).

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

This pleases me for one reason. I picked him up on my fantasy team because Goedert got the Rona. Now I have Ertz on my bench and Goedert standing on an Island in Philly. 

I envy you. My fantasy team is a TE wasteland.

-Jonnu Smith

-Evan Engram

-David Njoku

-OJ Howard

-Cole Kmet

14 team dynasty league. 22 man roster. Waivers are a wasteland. The teams holding top 8 TEs are understandably demanding a very high trade price.

16 minutes ago, heymangold said:

Tbh I’m not giving up a player and a pick for Zach ertz.  While I want a TE, that’s not  smart for the rebuilding jets.

Getting a three time pro bowl TE for your young QB isn’t smart? Since when? You might be content with the steaming pile we currently roster. 

• Upvote 4

27 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Of course...

I mean not like we need a tight end or anything, we solid....cool cool

A cornerback and a 5th round pick for a rental on a tanking team would be the least JD thing that JD would ever do. Glad that our GM wasn't dumb enough to make a trade like this. 

• Upvote 4

38 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Here for the onslaught of posters wanting JD's first born sacrificed for not making this trade.....

Bill Hader Popcorn GIF by Saturday Night Live

I think any team trading a player to the Jets would be at risk of being sued for abject cruelty! :D  

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, jgb said:

I envy you. My fantasy team is a TE wasteland.

-Jonnu Smith

-Evan Engram

-David Njoku

-OJ Howard

-Cole Kmet

14 team dynasty league. 22 man roster. Waivers are a wasteland. The teams holding top 8 TEs are understandably demanding a very high trade price.

Ouch. I thought that Jonnu would have at least been good for a TD a game going into the season. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

A cornerback and a 5th round pick for a rental on a tanking team would be the least JD thing that JD would ever do. Glad that our GM wasn't dumb enough to make a trade like this. 

I also doubt that Ertz would have been in the least bit interested in us. I know the teams own the players' rights, but I think most good organisations actually consider the player when making trades.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Jet2020 said:

Getting a three time pro bowl TE for your young QB isn’t smart? Since when? You might be content with the steaming pile we currently roster. 

This is what I don’t get. The GM staked his career on Wilson. He looks like trash so far. Wouldn’t You want to get him some weapons and help for his development in his rookie year? Apparently not 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, kevinc855 said:

A 5th round pick is an asset technically. But it’s like the collector card in your house worth 500 bucks not your house 

Yeah I'm not obsessed with late round picks but trading for players who are rentals during the season makes no sense for the Jets...the proper criticism would be why did we go into the season with this roster in the first place when we have a rookie QB and plenty of cap space?  

• Upvote 3