15 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Our TE group may be bottom of the barrel, but they aren't exactly nobody to throw to. Zach has been leaving divots at the feet of his receivers, at times, at not even Gronk with gloves loaded with Stickum could catch those balls.

Dude, cmon. Griffin and Kroft wouldnt crack the roster on most of the playoff teams. 

• Upvote 2
  • Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here for the onslaught of posters wanting JD's first born sacrificed for not making this trade.....  

Joe Douglas got more for Chris Herndon then the Eagles did for Zach Ertz. Thank you Joe Douglas!  Thank you!!

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, Biggs said:

My take is in a league where sucking is profitible some GM's are still trying to improver their team on a relative basis.   Our GM isn't.  

But there's the chance that we trade Becton for a 6th, so there's still hope.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1
53 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

I am on team JD, but he deserves much of the criticism that he gets. When he signed Moses, he shored up the tackle position. He sh*t the bed on C, RG, and TE. Signing Feeney as some kind of solution was a head scratcher.

You're assuming he didn't try. Maybe he tried very hard but the price was too high. Would you trade one of our #1's or #2's next year for a JAG guard? People on this board think that just because they want a player JD can go out and get that player. Sure, we could trade our 2 #1's next year and probably get a decent guard today, but this board would literally blow up if he did that.

This was never going to be a one or two year rebuild. This was always a 3-4 year project. I am not happy with some of JD's moves but I am not going to go after him with the pitchforks and torches unless we still suck next year. Only then will I feel he had enough time.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, undertow said:

Why would we be giving up assets for a TE over 30 who's a rental?  Are we making a SB push or something? lol

It’s ok to try to win another game tho, right?

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

This is what I don’t get. The GM staked his career on Wilson. He looks like trash so far. Wouldn’t You want to get him some weapons and help for his development in his rookie year? Apparently not 

So what did JD offer or the Eagles want back for Ertz?

I know this is hard to understand but it takes two to deal and if they asked for someone back much better than Ertz is worth?  You just trade to make a trade? 

So what was the trade ?

1 hour ago, viffer said:

You're assuming he didn't try.

I never assumed that. Don't assume that other people are assuming. 

1 hour ago, viffer said:

Would you trade one of our #1's or #2's next year for a JAG guard?

No. Would you?

1 hour ago, viffer said:

People on this board think that just because they want a player JD can go out and get that player.

Some people do. I am not one of those people.

1 hour ago, viffer said:

Sure, we could trade our 2 #1's next year and probably get a decent guard today, but this board would literally blow up if he did that.

This board might figuratively blow up, but we don't have to worry, because JD is not trading two number 1's for a guard during the season.

1 hour ago, viffer said:

This was never going to be a one or two year rebuild. This was always a 3-4 year project. I am not happy with some of JD's moves but I am not going to go after him with the pitchforks and torches unless we still suck next year. Only then will I feel he had enough time.

You must be new here, or have never seen me post before.

26 minutes ago, section314 said:

We know what all the TE’s on the roster can do. All except one. Time to give Yeoboah the rest of the year to show his stuff.

There is a reason why:

1. Yeboah went undrafted

2. Nobody pounced on him when he was released during final cuts

3. Nobody poached him from the practice squad

6 minutes ago, SR24 said:

Damn Joe Douglas for not trading for a 31 yr old TE who spends more time at the Drs office than he does on the field!! 

Plus, why would JD ever want to part with a practice team corner and fifth round pick for Ertz?   That sh*t is priceless.

3 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Plus, why would JD ever want to part with a practice team corner and fifth round pick for Ertz?   That sh*t is priceless.

Seems like the only picks he hits on are 5th rounders lately brotha 

• Upvote 1

Well you know JD knows all about the player from his time with the Eagles. I guess it was all about salary (Ertz is due 5.6 plus for the entire 2021 season. It could be they owe him an additional 3 million on top of the 5.6, I found different numbers on different sites) because on the field it looks like a player the Jets could have used and needed. 

20 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Why do you want to ruin my weekend already?  lol

No doubt, man.   

😂😂😂 in all honesty though I’m hoping we trade for Hayden Hurst from Atlanta before the deadline. They’ve got Pitts in the fold there now and Hurst may be expendable to them, only 28 and can make some big plays 

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

There is a reason why:

1. Yeboah went undrafted

2. Nobody pounced on him when he was released during final cuts

3. Nobody poached him from the practice squad

All valid points, but still no reason to not play him. It’s not like we’re sitting Tony Gonzalez here.

8 minutes ago, SR24 said:

😂😂😂 in all honesty though I’m hoping we trade for Hayden Hurst from Atlanta before the deadline. They’ve got Pitts in the fold there now and Hurst may be expendable to them, only 28 and can make some big plays 

I'll offer to drive Hurst up from Atlanta.  Although he is huge so I'd better rent a larger vehicle.

You really think he becomes available?   Plus, is he a JD kinda guy?

1 minute ago, section314 said:

All valid points, but still no reason to not play him. It’s not like we’re sitting Tony Gonzalez here.

The reason why he isn't playing is because he is not better than any of the TEs on the roster. Griffin and Kroft play at a professional level. Yeboah is simply too raw at the moment. You do not develop a young QB with a raw TE who cannot block. Yeboah is a project and he is best suited for the practice squad.

26 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

The reason why he isn't playing is because he is not better than any of the TEs on the roster. Griffin and Kroft play at a professional level. Yeboah is simply too raw at the moment. You do not develop a young QB with a raw TE who cannot block. Yeboah is a project and he is best suited for the practice squad.

We agree to disagree.😁

6 hours ago, jgb said:

I envy you. My fantasy team is a TE wasteland.

-Jonnu Smith

-Evan Engram

-David Njoku

-OJ Howard

-Cole Kmet

14 team dynasty league. 22 man roster. Waivers are a wasteland. The teams holding top 8 TEs are understandably demanding a very high trade price.

I can beat that. I started with Fant and Pitts.  Then picked up Gronk. He got hurt. Then I dumped Pitts the day before the Jets game. Fant got 5 points. Now I dumped Fant for Knox.  Guess who is about to tear their ACL.  Luckily I have a stacked roster with Brady and Mahomes as my QB's. 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, munchmemory said:

I'll offer to drive Hurst up from Atlanta.  Although he is huge so I'd better rent a larger vehicle.

You really think he becomes available?   Plus, is he a JD kinda guy?

I think they’d move him for the right price he’s a free agent after this year and they’ve already declined his 5th year option. It would depend on the cost but if Joe D is serious about giving Zach weapons he should make the call! 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nfl.com/_amp/falcons-declining-fifth-year-option-on-te-hayden-hurst

• Like 1
1 minute ago, SR24 said:

I think they’d move him for the right price he’s a free agent after this year and they’ve already declined his 5th year option. It would depend on the cost but if Joe D is serious about giving Zach weapons he should make the call! 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nfl.com/_amp/falcons-declining-fifth-year-option-on-te-hayden-hurst

"Hurst posted career highs with 56 receptions for 571 yards and six TDs in his first year in Atlanta."   What a friggin' upgrade he would be.  And again, the guy is massive.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, munchmemory said:

"Hurst posted career highs with 56 receptions for 571 yards and six TDs in his first year in Atlanta."   What a friggin' upgrade he would be.  And again, the guy is massive.

I think so too man he looked good against us in London. Idk if he can block or not though but he can definitely make some plays I'd be all over it especially since he's a free agent after this year... ATL would definitely trade him

• Upvote 1
14 hours ago, heymangold said:

Tbh I’m not giving up a player and a pick for Zach ertz.  While I want a TE, that’s not  smart for the rebuilding jets.

Huh? we're still in the tear down process.

I can see by this thread that some of you are disappointed the Jets didnt make this move. Well, think about it this way, at least we dont have to start a ****Free Ertz**** thread.

• Haha 2