If you could build a QB from all the past/present JETS QBs

Wit

1 minute ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Namath pre knee injury at Alabama. That's it.

Seriously, Namath's arm and release was better than any other Jet QB by a long shot.  For those who are younger, think Dan Marino.  I also think a model Jets QB would have Namath's toughness.  I do not think there was a tougher athlete to play in the NFL.  When you look at what he endured and the hits he took and how he kept playing, he was as tough as they come.  He was also clutch.  Week Ewbank was once asked which QB he preferred - Unitas or Namath.  He said both were great, but he would pick Unitas for a career.  If he had to win one game, he would take Namath.  

Even older fans like us do not appreciate what an incredible athlete Namath was in college.   Almost nobody remembers that before the horrific knee injuries, he was fast and could scramble.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Even older fans like us do not appreciate what an incredible athlete Namath was in college.   Almost nobody remembers that before the horrific knee injuries, he was fast and could scramble.

Namath pre-injury was the perfect QB.  If I were building a QB, the only things I would swap out from the professional Namath are his knees and his lifestyle (which kind of made him who he was, but cut short his career and led to some issues with dedication).   But his arm, head, competitiveness all were unbelievable.  

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Namath pre knee injury at Alabama. That's it.

Seriously, Namath's arm and release was better than any other Jet QB by a long shot.  For those who are younger, think Dan Marino.  I also think a model Jets QB would have Namath's toughness.  I do not think there was a tougher athlete to play in the NFL.  When you look at what he endured and the hits he took and how he kept playing, he was as tough as they come.  He was also clutch.  Week Ewbank was once asked which QB he preferred - Unitas or Namath.  He said both were great, but he would pick Unitas for a career.  If he had to win one game, he would take Namath.  

Its sad to hear you say for those who are yonger, think Marino