*** College Football Game Day 10/15 ***

Beerfish

Oregon should thrash 1-4 Cal tonight, they need to win all their games big and impressively now.

Games tomorrow (Sat 16th)

Michigan State (10) will try and stay undefeated.

Two undefeated juggernauts going at it Georgia and.....Kentucky?

Not a lot of premium games,  Iowa can't have a let down vs 3-2 Purdue.

19 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Iowa never plays Purdue well.  I think Iowa wins but I am betting heavy that they don’t cover

Purdue is a good team with legit prospects. Honestly, if our draft was all players from this game I’d be okay with it. 

Linderbaum, Karlaftis, Bell, Goodson, LaPorta.

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Starting this thread early since Clemson seems to utterly stink this year and just barely escaped losing to Syracuse via a missed FG by Cuse.

Woof, how the mighty have fallen.

I tried to warn you about DJU…..Lol.   But Clemson’s issues are more than DJ, although he is problem #1.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Beerfish said:

Is this Rattlers draft year or if not where will he transfer to?

He can declare this year.  Will be interesting to see if he does transfer and play another year.  His issues are that he is immature and has a massive ego.  He shows up his teammates on the field and he has lost any respect from the players.  I would hate bringing him into my program.   

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

History tells us that most likely we will be.  Sadly.  

If Zach does not work out, then I hope we go the veteran route and use draft capital to build around the vet.  I am tired of this endless "we finally got our guy" to "he sucks" rollercoaster.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

He can declare this year.  Will be interesting to see if he does transfer and play another year.  His issues are that he is immature and has a massive ego.  He shows up his teammates on the field and he has lost any respect from the players.  I would hate bringing him into my program.   

When he was profiled on QB1, that was very obvious. Acts very entitled.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, faba said:

And then you have Vanderbilt-hah

Vandy might actually have some drama.  Their last point scored in an SEC game was at the end of last season.  In a loss to Tennessee.  This is the last person to score a point for Vandy in SEC play with an extra point in December:

Sarah Fuller, history-making Vanderbilt player, listed as lone kicker

• Upvote 2

Just now, section314 said:

I don't know all their class years, but could these guys rival the great Lawson, Ferrell, Wilkins and Lawrence wrecking crew?

Next years class could.  Xavier Thomas (#3) should be the only one leaving after this year.  But that line that won the Natty in Trevors freshman year was one of the best ever.   Aside from their ability, their leadership was invaluable.  They were all really good kids and helped deflect a lot of pressure away from Trevor.  

1 minute ago, sec101row23 said:

Next years class could.  Xavier Thomas (#3) should be the only one leaving after this year.  But that line that won the Natty in Trevors freshman year was one of the best ever.   Aside from their ability, their leadership was invaluable.  They were all really good kids and helped deflect a lot of pressure away from Trevor.  

Wilkins supposedly was one of the best leaders in the history of college football.

1 hour ago, Lith said:

If Zach does not work out, then I hope we go the veteran route and use draft capital to build around the vet.  I am tired of this endless "we finally got our guy" to "he sucks" rollercoaster.

Absolutely, watching the Jets lately has been torture. I’m just asking for a functional NFL team that can get some first downs and score here and there. 

• Upvote 1