*** College Football Game Day 10/15 ***

Beerfish

2 minutes ago, Lith said:

No worries.  As long as we didn't lose anyone for the first half against UF in the last few seconds.  30-7 would have been better, but I will take 30-13.  Week off, and then bring on the Gators.  Who always scare the sh*t out of me.

I don’t think you are losing to anyone this year.  

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

I don’t think you are losing to anyone this year.  

Every week, I convince myself that we are likely to lose.  I never expect to win a game, much less a Championship. 

Conditioned this way by too many years as a Mets, Jets, Dawgs, Islanders fan.  Have not won anything 35 years.

We look good,  Best position we have been in for as long as I have been a Dawg.  But I always expect something bad to happen.  Always.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Lith said:

Every week, I convince myself that we are likely to lose.  I never expect to win a game, much less a Championship. 

Conditioned this way by too many years as a Mets, Jets, Dawgs, Islanders fan.  Have not won anything 35 years.

We look good,  Best position we have been in for as long as I have been a Dawg.  But I always expect something bad to happen.  Always.

Only team I’m scared of is Bama. Idk if we can beat them with Stetson or JT. I don’t entirely trust either

Vandy had a chance to win their first SEC game in 2 years with a 6 point lead over South Carolina late in the 4th quarter. But the coach changed the defense to a 3 man rush and little pressure and allowed a backup QB to easily move the ball down the field and score 7 this after a good defense the entire game. As a Vandy fan pretty ticked off this on the coaching staff. 

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Lith said:

I get it.  I’m the same way.  I could give a million reasons why Clemson could lose a game they are favored by 28 points in.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

damngina.jpg

Bowers.....Paradis.....Ruckert

hah! I wish we had two tights with the kind of flexibility Bowers and Ruckert will give you. They're both capable of lining up inline or flexing out and provide the type physicality you want at the position. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Lith said:

Where’s the DAWG love come from???Here in Charlotte, lots of alum.  My daughter got accepted at GA but chose UNC.   

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Where’s the DAWG love come from???Here in Charlotte, lots of alum.  My daughter got accepted at GA but chose UNC.   

I guess I was the reverse of your daughter.  Got accpeted to UNC, but chose Georgia.  Got my MBA there about 30 years ago.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Secondary play in college is so so terrible.  Bad tackling, terrible angles, can't cover in man, can't zone.l..........

Now part of it is that you can't hit hard anymore and you can't touch a guy without pi but still

Corners don’t ever look back for the ball anymore.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Definitely not great on 3rd down and Florida has a better offense but they have no real QB. I think we take it comfortably.

There is only one way the Gators beat Georgia, and his name is AR15.  He will win the Heisman next year and more than likely be the #1 overall pick.  He now has 2 weeks to take every snap as the starter to prepare for a team favored to beat Florida last year and failed.  That said, you're going to win because you have a historic defense and because 3rd down and Grantham is ruining our program but you are clearly not paying attention.  The only reason Florida has a chance is because of the QB and in your program history the only player with half the talent of AR15 was Matt Stafford. 

Wash State a team with very bad 4th quarter stats just gave up the lead to Stanford with 7:32 left. I can see why. WSU receiver didn’t catch a sure thing which should have been a long Td on their last drive and on D missing tackles and not making plays led to Stanford Td. 

Just now, Lith said:

Agreed.  Ball should just go back to the spot of the fumble.  Nowhere else on the field do you lose the ball for fumbling out of bounds.

It's the one idiotic rule they refuse to change. 

10 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

More than likely I will be congratulating you but the point remains, you were supposed to win last year too.

Last year, we were both top 10 teams when we met and you had the better QB -- we may have been slight favorite, but I wasn't surprised we lost.  How badly we lost, now that was a surprise.  We have not played a game against a really good offense yet -- that is what scares me about you guys.  The way you went toe to toe with Bama shows you can play with anyone. 

On paper, we will likely be a heavy favorite, but the Gators always scare me.  We had better be ready to play.

4 minutes ago, Lith said:

Last year, we were both top 10 teams and you had the better QB -- we may have been slight favorite, but I wasn't surprised we lost.  How badly we lost, now that was a surprise.  We have not played a game against a really good offense yet -- that is what scares me about you guys.  The way you went toe to toe with Bama shows you can play with anyone. 

On paper, we will likely be a heavy favorite, but the Gators always scare me.  We had better be ready to play.

Only reason I’m not fully conceding a loss is because I have to think Mullen realizes the Emory Jones ship has sailed and it’s AR15 time.  Kid is ridiculous.  He is good enough to be the difference in a rivalry game.  

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Only reason I’m not fully conceding a loss is because I have to think Mullen realizes the Emory Jones ship has sailed and it’s AR15 time.  Kid is ridiculous.  He is good enough to be the difference in a rivalry game.  

Kid showed some guts today. I still don’t think he fully arrives until next year and that’s long enough for me. Our defense should feast. Wouldn’t doubt if he burned us on the ground a few times though.

6 hours ago, Lith said:

As long as they don't play like a Jet.

7 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Kid showed some guts today. I still don’t think he fully arrives until next year and that’s long enough for me. Our defense should feast. Wouldn’t doubt if he burned us on the ground a few times though.

That's fair.  The Gators turned it over 4 times to a miserable LSU team, so it's reasonable to assume you'll win the turnover battle.  And ofcouse Mullen is a moron and not committing to Richardson, so there is that factor too.  I legit think he's going to start Jones because he's a dumbass who's going to let loyalty to Jones and Grantham potentially cost him his job....and maybe Richardson for that matter, he was asked about the transfer portal post game.  

2-7 vs power 5's since the Georgia win last year, only teams they've beat are Tenn. and Vandy.  My false bravado on a few tequila's last night has subsided.  The Bulldogs are going to boat race the Gators. 

I'm in a glass case of emotions right now, PK.  Hold me.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, JiFapono said:

That's fair.  The Gators turned it over 4 times to a miserable LSU team, so it's reasonable to assume you'll win the turnover battle.  And ofcouse Mullen is a moron and not committing to Richardson, so there is that factor too.  I legit think he's going to start Jones because he's a dumbass who's going to let loyalty to Jones and Grantham potentially cost him his job....and maybe Richardson for that matter, he was asked about the transfer portal post game.  

2-7 vs power 5's since the Georgia win last year, only teams they've beat are Tenn. and Vandy.  My false bravado on a few tequila's last night has subsided.  The Bulldogs are going to boat race the Gators. 

And you thought the Jets bye week was a good thing.?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JiFapono said:

This is where coaches can get in trouble now, you can’t be loyal to a fault anymore.  It’s harder to navigate the QB position now.  If you have a guy on the bench that you know is better but don’t feel he’s necessarily ready at the moment , you run the risk of that kid getting frustrated and leaving.  In this case, I think you have to start AR now, commit to him and use the rest of the season to get him ready for 2022.   

If for some reason AR wants out, I’ll personally drive to Gainesville and give him a ride to Clemson if he wants.  

• Upvote 2