***FREE ELIJAH*** Chitmini: New York Jets need playmakers, so why isn't Elijah Moore getting the ball?

Bronx

3 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Moore is playing on the outside because Crowder is noticeably better.  He’s the best receiver on the team, Moore shouldn’t be taking reps from him. 

Truth is, Mims should be taking his reps out wide too. 

If they're going full on youth movement Moore needs to be in his natural position. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

Moore would be perfect in an Edleman role. Catch a short pass 5 yards off the line and run. 

Why would you want to do that?  Sure there will be some elements of the traditional slot stuff, but Moore has sub 4.4 speed, Edelman was a mid 4.5 guy at best.   Moore is way more dynamic than Edelman ever was.  

8 minutes ago, undertow said:

I'm not saying Moore isn't going to be good or it's even his fault for not getting the ball but Toney is the electric player I was expecting Moore to be........and what happened to all the message board scouts that told me Toney wasn't a 1st round pick?  

They are now telling u Saleh is a joke and Joe Douglas should be fired.  Hahahaha.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

What’s interesting is that we as fans all assume Mims and Moore must suck if the coaching staff isn’t using them. We starts a trio of what are the epitome of average lunch pail WR’s. Davis, Cole, and Crowder are your standard reliable WR’s. They’re never gonna make prolific plays, but they’re reliable (Maybe Davis isn’t so reliable lately).

The problem with this is their reliability is precisely the thing coaches who play it safe tend to lean on because they’re afraid of big mistakes. Mims has more athletic ability than any WR on the team other than Moore maybe. He and Moore are both going to make their fair share of mental mistakes, but for some reason they are held to a much higher standard than Zach Wilson. They should all be out there on the field learning on the fly with Zach because that is our future. Mims running a wrong route is no worse than Zach throwing balls at worms on the ground, and both are learning experiences. If for nothing else put them out there and if the learning experience is they suck then at least we know. Crowder and Cole are essentially Saleh’s Frank Gore.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, slats said:

There are a lot of problems on offense, and it starts with LaFluer. He’s a rookie coordinator, and I thought they tried to prop him up nicely by having both a rushing and passing coordinators under him, but the tragic loss of Gregg Knapp has been a tragic loss for the offense. Rather than overseeing the entire offense, LaFluer has been forced to handle the majority of the passing game, too. And sure, as OC he should be able to handle that, but they obviously felt otherwise when putting the staff together. He needs to figure it out in a hurry. 

The next big problem is that Wilson has been erratic. He’s a rookie, the face of the franchise -a franchise that’s playing very poorly right now- and there’s no doubt that he’s feeling the pressure to lift the team. He didn’t have these accuracy issues in college, and when he lets it rip downfield he’s on target. There’s really no doubt that what’s going on there is mental. I hope he actually gave himself a little downtime during this week off, and comes back a little relaxed. Pressing isn’t cutting it. 

The idea of trading Crowder still somewhat appeals to me, but there is the concern that you’d be trading your best receiver and maybe that isn’t the best thing for the young QB’s development. But Crowder isn’t going to be on the team next year, and letting Wilson and Moore get a lot of easy slot opportunities should help both of them grow. 

While I think there has to be more going on with Mims than what they’re saying, they need to figure out a way to get him on the field. Big target who can catch contested throws. It’s not like Davis and Cole are playing so well that you can’t take them out of the game. 

Really have to hope the week off gave LaFluer some new perspective. Team needs opening drive points next week in the worst way. They have to make that happen. 

Lafleur is the least of our worries.  The qb leads the league in interceptions and is struggling to make even the easiest of throws.

Zach Wilson is 100% the biggest problem right now.  And him being 5 games into his career, thats to be expected.

Its not elijah moore.  Its not lafleur.  Its the qb playing at an epically bad level.  When zach comes around, we will be fawning over moore and lafleur.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Lafleur is the least of our worries.  The qb leads the league in interceptions and is struggling to make even the easiest of throws.

Zach Wilson is 100% the biggest problem right now.  And him being 5 games into his career, thats to be expected.

Its not elijah moore.  Its not lafleur.  Its the qb playing at an epically bad level.  When zach comes around, we will be fawning over moore and lafleur.

Disagree. I think LaFluer was thrown into the deep end before he was ready. I still believe he can be good, but he has a lot of work to do himself. As the OC, he needs to be the guy who gets Zach over this mental block. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, slats said:

Disagree. I think LaFluer was thrown into the deep end before he was ready. I still believe he can be good, but he has a lot of work to do himself. As the OC, he needs to be the guy who gets Zach over this mental block. 

Hes not a psychiatrist.  Hes there to call the plays and put zach in a position to succeed and hes done a great job at that.  We have the worst qb in the league right now and thats the sole reason they cant move the ball and are losing games.

Not one person at florham park ispanicking right now.  Everything they are doing is with a long term vision to be competing for a super bowl in 2023.

Only jet fans who think winning games this year matters are up in arms about moore, lafleur etc.

Its game 5 of a ground up rebuild.  There is not 1 thing to be concerned about right now.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Hes not a psychiatrist.  Hes there to call the plays and put zach in a position to succeed and hes done a great job at that.  We have the worst qb in the league right now and thats the sole reason they cant move the ball and are losing games.

Not one person at florham park ispanicking right now.  Everything they are doing is with a long term vision to be competing for a super bowl in 2023.

Only jet fans who think winning games this year matters are up in arms about moore, lafleur etc.

Its game 5 of a ground up rebuild.  There is not 1 thing to be concerned about right now.

LaFleur is looking like a less qualified,  less competent Brian Schottenheimer. 

I’ve been saying since training camp started that the best WR set is Davis and Cole outside with Moore in the slot.  That gives Zach two bigger receivers outside and a more versatile slot in Moore.  You could then rotate in Mims for Davis at X and swap Davis for Cole at Z.   

Moore gives you a vertical threat in the slot that Crowder doesn’t.   I would be trying to exploit that much more.   I’m surprised they’re forcing Moore into roles he’s not best suited for.  
I disagree Crowder is better than Moore right now ... maybe a 4 wide set with moore playing TE ?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

He's getting open, but our inexperienced rookie QB has not gotten him the ball. If he's getting open, what's the problem? Once Zach improves, Moore will get his catches. Is it really more complicated than this? 
Probably ... id bet his routes are sloppy and off time ... but thats me.

• Upvote 1

I'm not saying Moore isn't going to be good or it's even his fault for not getting the ball but Toney is the electric player I was expecting Moore to be........and what happened to all the message board scouts that told me Toney wasn't a 1st round pick?  
Look at me .. look at me ... look at me ... look at me

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

Wrong ... its on LaFleur to make zach comfortable high percentage routes early.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

He is.  The qb isnt seeing the field and the open receivers.  Are u watching the games?

You do understand that our qb is the worst starting qb in the league right now.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

When Zach is hitting the feet of the receiver on high percentage routes, is that LaFleur's fault? Should he recommend that Zach throws more toward the hand area than the feet area?

• Haha 1

When Zach is hitting the feet of the receiver on high percentage routes, is that LaFleur's fault? Should he recommend that Zach throws more toward the hand area than the feet area?
Touche .. zach needs to be better early ... its on LaFleur to make this happen.

He is.  The qb isnt seeing the field and the open receivers.  Are u watching the games?
You do understand that our qb is the worst starting qb in the league right now.
Ive seen gimmicky play calling when we should be very straightforward.

They both need to be better.

1 minute ago, Dunnie said:

Touche .. zach needs to be better early ... its on LaFleur to make this happen.

If any coach can be blamed, it would be the QB coach, but Zach Wilson needs to throw crisp, catchable passes. LaFleur only game plans and calls the plays. 

We are 32nd in the league in scoring offense.  29th in passing yards per game.  30th in rushing yards per game.  30th in total offense. 

When you are this bad, there is more than one issue.  The QB has not played well.  Tthe WRs have not helped him out.  The OC has not been able to get the offiense going early.  The OL has not run blocked well -- although surprisingly the pass protection has been pretty good the last two games.  The RBs have taken too many negative runs.

We are a ridculously young team with rookies and 2nd year guys everywhere.  Including the coaching staff.  Hopefully it will get better, but so far, there has been plenty of blame to go around.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

Why would you want to do that?  Sure there will be some elements of the traditional slot stuff, but Moore has sub 4.4 speed, Edelman was a mid 4.5 guy at best.   Moore is way more dynamic than Edelman ever was.  

The short passing game has nothing to do with 40 times and everything to do with exploding off the line. Edelman and Welker who was even slower excelled at that. Moore should be able to do that but when Moore catches the ball, he should make better plays with his legs. It's  better than watch him run out of bounds every play. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1