***Official NFL Sunday/Jets Bye Week Games Thread***

T0mShane

Mac Jones is advanced for his age, and can execute the short stuff well. The deep stuff needs to happen at some point though. He's pretty much the anti-Wilson so far

This just isn't going to be a great offense if he doesn't push the ball more, especially if every sack offsets every completion of his. You wouldn't expect that a guy with almost a perfect rating and 0 incompletions has led 4 straight three and outs.

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

Hey, can anyone tell me how Dalas didn't score a TD on the 4th and inches....looked like a TD on Redzone, I left and had to go do something.. Looked pretty clear to me.

Was it a good call?

Yes.  Fumble was a good call, ball was coming loose before he crossed the plane.  The issue is that it looked like Dak was in on 3rd down, but there was no review.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Grandy said:

Mac Jones is advanced for his age, and can execute the short stuff well. The deep stuff needs to happen at some point though. He's pretty much the anti-Wilson so far

This just isn't going to be a great offense if he doesn't push the ball more, especially if every sack offsets every completion of his. You wouldn't expect that a guy with almost a perfect rating and 0 incompletions has led 4 straight three and outs.

Good post.

I think this is very fair, and pretty much where most of us are with the kid. Nobody here thinks he’s going to replace Brady without skipping a beat, or that he’s a finished product, but the Pats definitely made the right move going with him over Cam this season.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Lith said:

They called this roughing the passer.  Give me a break.  I guess Murray and the Cardinals are the NFL's new darlinngs.

I didn't see that, but I have a hard time believing that was called roughing the passer.

Honestly, if they're calling that, I really don't know how to play this game anymore...

15 minutes ago, Lith said:

They called this roughing the passer.  Give me a break.  I guess Murray and the Cardinals are the NFL's new darlinngs.

9 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

I don’t even think the NFL gives a f**k that the officiating is so bad.  Nothing is affecting the popularity or the ratings.  

Overreaction to Lamar Jackson stans complaining that mobile QBs never get roughing calls. Gross.

5 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Mac Jones looking like Tom Brady right now.

3rd conversation after 3rd down conversion.....good stuff for him.

Pats are 2/7 on third down 

They had 70 yards rushing on that drive 

Prior to that their offense had literally done jack sh*t since the first quarter 

guy makes two 3rd and less than 10 conversions and you compare him to the GOAT? 

What are you watching? 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Pichula said:

Pats are 2/7 on third down 

They had 70 yards rushing on that drive 

Prior to that their offense had literally done jack sh*t since the first quarter 

guy makes two 3rd and less than 10 conversions and you compare him to the GOAT? 

What are you watching? 

This,  NE may win the game, but if they do, it is more about their red zone defense forcing two turnovers and their rushing game than it is about the rookie QB who has thrown 16 passes.  He has made some nice throws, hasn't made mistakes and managed the game well.  But he is not the reason they are winning.