***Official NFL Sunday/Jets Bye Week Games Thread***

T0mShane

2 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Is it just me or does it seem like every team has eventually figured out their quarterback problems except the Jets. Like good lord even the Cardinals and Browns figured it out by now.

We're such an unstable organization. The Cowboys have had Aikman, Romo and now Dak since we've had sh*t. The Pats have had Bledsoe and Brady and now appear to have another FQB.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Rodgers looked hopeless when he got into games his first few seasons.  

Zach is going to be awesome when it finally slows down for him. 

The point is that it already has slowed down for Mac.

Oh look he just threw another TD as i’m posting this.

Just now, Anthony Jet said:

Is it that they find diamonds in the rough or they know how to develop there talent 

I stand corrected.   I would add they seem to know how to identify talent, too.  I mean, how many RBs do they find?  They let Michel go and still have a bunch more to replace him.

Jones just got lit up for a strip sack.  But he looks in control.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Facts said:

Baker is not a top QB. Top two picks in that draft should have been Allen & Lamar.

It usually takes 3 years to tell who pans out from a draft and the receipts are in...Allen and Lamar are the franchise guys Darnold and Rosen are busts and Mayfield is a jag.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Facts said:

The point is that it already has slowed down for Mac.

Oh look he just threw another TD as i’m posting this.

Pats offense has sucked all year and he has HOF coaching protecting him. Pats aren’t asking him to make any throws. Should have thrown 5 picks last week if Texans dbs could catch. You are way too early to crown this guy. He puts fear in no defense 

Just now, munchmemory said:

I stand corrected.   I would add they seem to know how to identify talent, too.  I mean, how many RBs do they find?  They let Michel go and still have a bunch more to replace him.

Jones just got lit up for a strip sack.  But he looks in control.

Agreed. I know all the talk is Brady carried everyone in NE along for the ride but I have a hard time believing it’s just that. I think top to bottom the organization knows how to identify and develop talent, Brady included. Does Tom Brady still become Tom Brady on a different team? No one knows 

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Pichula said:

Lol I would love going against Mac Jones for the next 20 years. 

I'm going to disagree.   In week six, it already looks like the game is slowing down for him.   If not for that hold and blind side (massive) shot, NE puts up 21 before half, with Jones' three TDS.   I'd take that in a nano second.   Think we all misjudged Jones' potential.

1 minute ago, munchmemory said:

I'm going to disagree.   In week six, it already looks like the game is slowing down for him.   If not for that hold and blind side (massive) shot, NE puts up 21 before half, with Jones' three TDS.   I'd take that in a nano second.   Think we all misjudged Jones' potential.

He could literally be neo from the matrix and it wouldn’t matter because his arm is chad Pennington bad. I bet you didn’t watch last week where he literally should have thrown 5 picks 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, section314 said:

If Starks had done that in game 7, Ewing would have a ring.?

1 hour ago, munchmemory said:

Why?  Why do you stab me in the kidney bringing up Starks?  F*cking guy was money all year and went 0-600 in that game.  Just make one shot!!!

Wasn’t that game the same night as the OJ Simpson white Jeep sh*t show out in LA?

I remember being furious watching him and Cowlings driving surrounded by police cars instead of seeing the game.

• Sympathy 1

Just now, Green Ghost said:

Wasn’t that game the same night as the OJ Simpson white Jeep sh*t show out in LA?

I remember being furious watching him and Cowlings driving surrounded by police cars instead of seeing the game.

I had just moved to CA and every channel was OJ.  Like you, I was losing my mind.  Think they came back to the game after the half.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Pichula said:

He could literally be neo from the matrix and it wouldn’t matter because his arm is chad Pennington bad. I bet you didn’t watch last week where he literally should have thrown 5 picks 

Look, I know almost nothing, nor give a s*it, about Jones.  All I'm saying is that right now he looks a ton better than I ever expected.

You might be completely correct that the kid winds up a bust. 

5 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

Agreed. I know all the talk is Brady carried everyone in NE along for the ride but I have a hard time believing it’s just that. I think top to bottom the organization knows how to identify and develop talent, Brady included. Does Tom Brady still become Tom Brady on a different team? No one knows 

If any of this was true, Brady wouldn't have been a 6th round afterthought.  

They stumbled into drafting the greatest QB of all time. 

Bellicheat has a sub .500 without him.