***Official NFL Sunday/Jets Bye Week Games Thread***

T0mShane

Remember the team that Urban Meyer inherited. They were 1-15. So it’s not all his fault. He’s taken a lot of hits since taking the job. Actually the worst rumors are that he’s lost the team, yelling at players and team officials and has no respect in the org. Not sure if any facts on this we did see a week ago when he didn’t fly back with the team after a loss etc. Look the guy has a great coaching resume kind of hard to believe he’s already a disaster. I couldn’t understand why he took the job since the reason he retired had to do mostly with medical issues. 

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, undertow said:

These Saturday games are proof that more football isn't a good thing.

Been saying it for a long time.  Too many games on too many days.  The NFL has also diluted the level of play by expanding the number of teams.   Right now, there are too many players who don't belong on an NFL field.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Remember the team that Urban Meyer inherited. They were 1-15. So it’s not all his fault. He’s taken a lot of hits since taking the job. Actually the worst rumors are that he’s lost the team, yelling at players and team officials and has no respect in the org. Not sure if any facts on this we did see a week ago when he didn’t fly back with the team after a loss etc. Look the guy has a great coaching resume kind of hard to believe he’s already a disaster. I couldn’t understand why he took the job since the reason he retired had to do mostly with medical issues. 

Or, he's coasting in Jacksonville and really is a disaster.

10 minutes ago, Lith said:

There is a reason the Jags have lost 20 straight.  Bad offense.  Bad defense.  Bad STs.

They could have a 29 game losing streak when they play us later this season.  Anyone willing to hazard a guess as to what would happen if that is the case.

We’ve seen that movie before… Think ‘18 Browns…

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Green Ghost said:

We’ve seen that movie before… Think ‘18 Browns…

But the Jets are the worst team in football since 2016 and it's not even close when looking at the margin of defeat. Still can't believe we beat the Rams and Browns last season. We cannot even suck right for the top pick. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Or, he's coasting in Jacksonville and really is a disaster.

Well he had a great career as an NCAAF head coach. So he’s proven he can run a big program. You might say being in charge of Ohio State is a bigger job than the Jags. He’s made a lot of changes since going to Jax including firing Idzik. He fired others in the org trying to rebuild. So he’s made his share of enemies. Unless off the field he is erratic like last week and the owner wasn’t exactly supportive of him he needs at least 3 seasons to turn around this team. 

10 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

But the Jets are the worst team in football since 2016 and it's not even close when looking at the margin of defeat. Still can't believe we beat the Rams and Browns last season. We cannot even suck right for the top pick. 

I’m watching Trevor play and I’m thinking the same thing. The homers can go crazy all they want, but IMO he looks so much better than Zach. 

• Upvote 2

Brian Schottenheimer, your Jacksonville Jaguars Offensive Coordinator. 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

How does he keep getting jobs? Jags cannot fire Meyer because no sensible person would trust Schotty with a coffee order. They're potentially wrecking Lawrence's career before it even gets started.

2 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I’m watching Trevor play and I’m thinking the same thing.The homers can go crazy all they want, but he looks so much better than Zach. 

Lawrence is one of the more pro ready QBs to ever come out and I think Zach is more of a project then people realized.

• Upvote 3

2nd and 10; draw play, huddle up. 3rd down pass short of the stick. Playing for a not gimme FG down 2 scores. Make it on 4th barely.

Someone should give this coaching staff stun guns and enemas at half. Urban Meyer probably would like that as long as the Mrs, didn't know.  

1 minute ago, undertow said:

Lawrence is one of the more pro ready QBs to ever come out and I think Zach is more of a project then people realized.

Zach has talent, but I thought there were so many concerns about him.

We’ve talked about them a lot here… size, the teams he played against last year, his overall body of work at BYU, the hero balls he got away with, etc.

Then he gets here and we see a guy struggling with throws he should be making in his sleep, issues with fundies, and poor decisions. He should end up being a mid level starter in the league, but I just don’t see him ever becoming that elite level QB you’re hoping for with the #2 pick in the draft.

• Sympathy 1

We’ve seen Zac make that throw Lawrence just made for that impressive Jax drive. But without the consistency of Lawrence who was the better prospect coming out of college. Plus the Jets lack of offense in first half always playing from behind (and sometimes pretty well) in the 2nd half. If you’re comparing offenses and game plans so far you’d have to give it to Schotty over LaFleur.

• Sympathy 1

Just now, Dunnie said:

Probably.because his arm talent exceeds all other QBs in the draft. Including TL.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

I don't know about that.  TL has an absolute cannon for an arm.  It's like top five or six in the NFL.

• Upvote 1

We’ve talked about them a lot here… size, the teams he played against last year, his overall body of work at BYU, the hero balls he got away with, etc.
Then he gets here and we see a guy struggling with throws he should be making in his sleep, issues with fundies, and poor decisions. He should end up being a mid level starter in the league, but I just don’t see him ever becoming that elite level QB you’re hoping for with the #2 pick in the draft.
Except zach has proved to be a hell of a lot tougher than many here were giving him credit for.

I agree with needing to make the easy throws.

• Haha 1

Just now, Green Ghost said:

He has the talent to be a elite level QB IMO he's just very raw...I viewed him in a similar way as Lance he needs a year to sit, watch, and learn. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Stop.

Zach throws that ball - it's dropped by whatever WR is out there and ZW is vilified for throwing into coverage.

You’ve been  beating that “if Zach threw it, it would’ve been dropped” thing into the ground for weeks now. Enough already.

I hope it’s just yourself you’re hoping to convince, because nobody else is buying it.

• Upvote 1

I think zach over stressed the.film junkie stuff .. burnt out ... and was thinking too much ... if that sh*tty play on easy throws continues throughout the season i will support drafting a qb with our second overall pick.

Lots of football left this season.

You’ve been  beating that “if Zach threw it, it would’ve been dropped” thing into the ground for weeks now. Enough already.
I hope it’s just yourself you’re hoping to convince, because nobody else is buying it.
You cannot deny that our wideouts have not been helping.

9 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Beating it because it's true.  When Jet WR's start catching anything that isn't a perfect pass then I'll stop saying it.