***Official NFL Sunday/Jets Bye Week Games Thread***

T0mShane

2 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

Jamal's best and only chance for another interception is if the ball gets stuck in the facemask of his helmet.  Next week the equipment manager will make an opening there.   

They can just keep a hole in the top and make an opening in his skull. 

3 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Who the hell is doubting letting Geno go?  The guy is a scrub/awful.  But I can't kill Geno for that fumble.  That was 100% a great play by TJ Watt to cause that fumble.

100% sarcasm

Definitely a great play by Watt but Geno was carrying the ball like a hot potato. Tuck the ball away man.. 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Green hat said:

100% sarcasm

Definitely a great play by Watt but Geno was carrying the ball like a hot potato. Tuck the ball away man.. 

One of the many reasons I hated Geno: Scrambling around holding the ball like a loaf of bread.

Anyone else notice the patented Geno "drop back aimlessly 15 yards as the rush approaches" move a couple of times last night.  Brought back so many great....nightmares.

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

One of the many reasons I hated Geno: Scrambling around holding the ball like a loaf of bread.

Anyone else notice the patented Geno "drop back aimlessly 15 yards as the rush approaches" move a couple of times last night.  Brought back so many great....nightmares.

A personal favorite of mine was the play against (IIRC) the Titans near the end zone where he tried a behind the back move with the ball as he was retreating backwards from the rush. I want to say he fumbled that play.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

A personal favorite of mine was the play against (IIRC) the Titans near the end zone where he tried a behind the back move with the ball as he was retreating backwards from the rush. I want to say he fumbled that play.

A true magician, that Geno.   Good Lord.

ltObE1ohpEQjdJKUTqtj-dLBKGXwUOw6nkhcrBNi

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Nice. Wow, it was like 8 years ago and I haven't thought about it or seen it since it happened. Must say a lot about my feelings towards Geno that I got almost all the details correct. 

I hate you that you're that young.  lol

Like the other older fans, I have a ton of these dopey Jets moments.  Although Geno trying to pull off a behind the back basketball move inside the five is up there with the most ludicrous.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

So does Jamal get a 'pass defended stat' for knocking down passes with his face and belly?

No he did not.  He only has 1 PD on the season.

Along with 0 Sacks, 0 INTs, 0 FFs, 30 Solo Tackles, 3 TFLs, 0 QB Hits, 0 QB Knockdowns, 0 QB Pressures and 0 QB Hurries.

QB's also have a 146.3 QB Rating when targeting receivers Adams covers.  11th worst in the NFL.  And his 14.2 yards per target is 5th worst in the NFL.  And his 20.7 yards per completion allowed is 7th worst in the NFL.

@T0mShane

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

21 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

QB's also have a 146.3 QB Rating when targeting receivers Adams covers.  11th worst in the NFL.  And his 14.2 yards per target is 5th worst in the NFL.  And his 20.7 yards per completion allowed is 7th worst in the NFL.

@T0mShane

No way I thought this could be correct.  Best single season passer rating by a QB ever is Aaron Rodgers at 122.5.  But it is right.  13-19 269 yards and 2 TDs.  146.3 passer rating.  So when QBs target Jamal this season, collectively they are much better than the greatest statistical QB season ever.

• Upvote 2