***Official NFL Sunday/Jets Bye Week Games Thread***

T0mShane

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

The NFL is the land of knee jerk reactions.  Fans and media alike have a burning desire to be the first to anoint the next big dynasty, next big coach, next big superstar etc etc.

The Dolphins are a prime example.  For 2 straight years I heard how they were set up to be great the next decade.  Flores was special.  So on and so forth.

Now they appear to be about as good as the Jets, except at least 1 if not 2 years farther in their rebuilding process. Unless they have a huge turnaround, someone is going to lose their job down there,either Flores or the GM.

My larger point is that while the very early returns are poor on our newest Jets, things can and do change quickly in the NFL.

The lolphins have maybe 2-3 times more talent on their roster than the Jets yet probably won’t win 5 games this season 

The NFL is the land of knee jerk reactions.  Fans and media alike have a burning desire to be the first to anoint the next big dynasty, next big coach, next big superstar etc etc.

The Dolphins are a prime example.  For 2 straight years I heard how they were set up to be great the next decade.  Flores was special.  So on and so forth.

Now they appear to be about as good as the Jets, except at least 1 if not 2 years farther in their rebuilding process. Unless they have a huge turnaround, someone is going to lose their job down there,either Flores or the GM.

My larger point is that while the very early returns are poor on our newest Jets, things can and do change quickly in the NFL.

They’ve been terrible at drafting on the GM side of things -Reaching for Austin Jackson, trading back and then panic trading up to take Jalen Waddle. 

Flores on the other hand hasn’t settled in an OC in 3 years. It’s coming apart and I couldn’t be happier.

• Upvote 1

I’m not saying Mims is or could be(but yes he could be) Allen Robinson, But the biggest play from the Bears offense and Fields so far was just a simple sideline go against cover 2.  Fields throws to the open spot and Robinson got it.  Those are the type of things the Jets should be doing with Mims to help Wilson.  Just throw it where only the big guy can get it. 

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I’m not saying Mims is or could be(but yes he could be) Allen Robinson, But the biggest play from the Bears offense and Fields so far was just a simple sideline go against cover 2.  Fields throws to the open spot and Robinson got it.  Those are the type of things the Jets should be doing with Mims to help Wilson.  Just throw it where only the big guy can get it. 

If we are rebuilding Moore should be in the slot and mins should be a big body on the outside. It’s insane that they aren’t getting the chance to be themselves. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

Fields with a an arm punt int.  Not sure what he was doing there.  

Announcers speculated that the Bears thought it was a free play because the DT jumped. Then the slot WR got a step on the CB, Fields threw it deep as the WR slowed down. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Why do you do these things to me? :)

If it makes you feel better, he ust threw a pick.  Thought the defense jumped offside and he had a free play.  THrew it deep and it was picked in the end zone.  No flag for offside.

Rookie mistake.

• Upvote 1