Jump to content

***Official NFL Sunday/Jets Bye Week Games Thread***


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What an ass.   "I am the best in the nation"  

“Blitz boy” 🤣🤣🤣

Adams will never catch Covid

Posted Images

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

The NFL is the land of knee jerk reactions.  Fans and media alike have a burning desire to be the first to anoint the next big dynasty, next big coach, next big superstar etc etc.

The Dolphins are a prime example.  For 2 straight years I heard how they were set up to be great the next decade.  Flores was special.  So on and so forth.

Now they appear to be about as good as the Jets, except at least 1 if not 2 years farther in their rebuilding process. Unless they have a huge turnaround, someone is going to lose their job down there,either Flores or the GM.

My larger point is that while the very early returns are poor on our newest Jets, things can and do change quickly in the NFL.

The lolphins have maybe 2-3 times more talent on their roster than the Jets yet probably won’t win 5 games this season 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

The NFL is the land of knee jerk reactions.  Fans and media alike have a burning desire to be the first to anoint the next big dynasty, next big coach, next big superstar etc etc.

The Dolphins are a prime example.  For 2 straight years I heard how they were set up to be great the next decade.  Flores was special.  So on and so forth.

Now they appear to be about as good as the Jets, except at least 1 if not 2 years farther in their rebuilding process. Unless they have a huge turnaround, someone is going to lose their job down there,either Flores or the GM.

My larger point is that while the very early returns are poor on our newest Jets, things can and do change quickly in the NFL.

They’ve been terrible at drafting on the GM side of things -Reaching for Austin Jackson, trading back and then panic trading up to take Jalen Waddle. 

Flores on the other hand hasn’t settled in an OC in 3 years. It’s coming apart and I couldn’t be happier.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m not saying Mims is or could be(but yes he could be) Allen Robinson, But the biggest play from the Bears offense and Fields so far was just a simple sideline go against cover 2.  Fields throws to the open spot and Robinson got it.  Those are the type of things the Jets should be doing with Mims to help Wilson.  Just throw it where only the big guy can get it. 

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I’m not saying Mims is or could be(but yes he could be) Allen Robinson, But the biggest play from the Bears offense and Fields so far was just a simple sideline go against cover 2.  Fields throws to the open spot and Robinson got it.  Those are the type of things the Jets should be doing with Mims to help Wilson.  Just throw it where only the big guy can get it. 

If we are rebuilding Moore should be in the slot and mins should be a big body on the outside. It’s insane that they aren’t getting the chance to be themselves. 

  • Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Fields with a an arm punt int.  Not sure what he was doing there.  

He thought it was a free play. 
 

also: lovie smiths beard is really old man at the sea epic. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Fields with a an arm punt int.  Not sure what he was doing there.  

Announcers speculated that the Bears thought it was a free play because the DT jumped. Then the slot WR got a step on the CB, Fields threw it deep as the WR slowed down. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Why do you do these things to me? :)

If it makes you feel better, he ust threw a pick.  Thought the defense jumped offside and he had a free play.  THrew it deep and it was picked in the end zone.  No flag for offside.

Rookie mistake.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...