Say what you will about Herndon

AFJF

BS.. Herndon had every opportunity afforded to him here and he just f***** up left and right.

Kroft is hurt... But I think we're fine with him, Griffen and Wesco being the unsung hero.

I think once they sort this offense out in a few more games you're going to see Wesco as a Braxton Berrios type. The best ability is availability, and these guys are just football players. They don't have a specialty but they can do a lot of things really well.

Edit: I had to look up his name and it's Ray Cooper. If you've been around for more than a few decades you've seen this guy at every benefit concert ever. He's played with Pink Floyd, Sting, Paul Mccartney, George Harrison, Clapton, Phil Collins, Prince, and Billy Joel just a name a few! 

He's the bald dude usually playing percussion. You'll see him rocking out with a tambourine or some Congas or singing harmonies, maybe even playing the triangle or the glockenspiel LMFAO!

My silly little point is that you need guys like that on your team that can do a little bit of everything really well. Of course we all wanted Pitts and we imagined that Herndon should be that type of player, but he just wasn't. Not here at least.

In the meantime don't underestimate the Ray Cooper types, like Wesco and Berrios and George Fant. These types of guys really make a team.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, AFJF said:

But the three guys the Jets have at TE are all worse than he was.  

how quickly we forget all the drops he had last year. he was like butterfingers.

its easy to play "Monday Morning QB" but i dont remember this board crying when he got traded.

• Upvote 2

I thought the right time to get rid of him and JD getting any compensation was a good deal for us. He has no receptions and obviously so far has not fit in with the Vikings. Our current tight ends are ok esp Kroft but none of them is above average and the team needs more production out of this position and a better lead tight end. Most successful teams are getting more out of this position than we are. 

4 minutes ago, doitny said:

how quickly we forget all the drops he had last year. he was like butterfingers.

its easy to play "Monday Morning QB" but i dont remember this board crying when he got traded.

That's only for those who didn't watch the second half of the season.  Had an early drop vs Chargers and caught every on-target pass for the rest of the season.

9 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Care to post Chris Herndon’s PFF grade? 

It’s 34.2

What was it last year, when he played?

Better or worse than these 3?

1 minute ago, Lith said:

57.6  Marginally better than Daniel Brown.

Who has played 9 snaps this season and has 103 yards receiving over the past 51 NFL games.  Just over 2 yards per game.

25 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

BS.. Herndon had every opportunity afforded to him here and he just f***** up left and right.

Kroft is hurt... But I think we're fine with him, Griffen and Wesco being the unsung hero.

I think once they sort this offense out in a few more games you're going to see Wesco as a Braxton Berrios type. The best ability is availability, and these guys are just football players. They don't have a specialty but they can do a lot of things really well.

Edit: I had to look up his name and it's Ray Cooper. If you've been around for more than a few decades you've seen this guy at every benefit concert ever. He's played with Pink Floyd, Sting, Paul Mccartney, George Harrison, Clapton, Phil Collins, Prince, and Billy Joel just a name a few! 

He's the bald dude usually playing percussion. You'll see him rocking out with a tambourine or some Congas or singing harmonies, maybe even playing the triangle or the glockenspiel LMFAO!

My silly little point is that you need guys like that on your team that can do a little bit of everything really well. Of course we all wanted Pitts and we imagined that Herndon should be that type of player, but he just wasn't. Not here at least.

In the meantime don't underestimate the Ray Cooper types, like Wesco and Berrios and George Fant. These types of guys really make a team.

How did he mess up as a receiving TE in the second half last season after struggling early on as a blocking TE?

16 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Who has played 9 snaps this season and has 103 yards receiving over the past 51 NFL games.  Just over 2 yards per game.

Exactly.  And Herndon is marginally better than Brown.  And at least Brown gives you something on STs.

56 minutes ago, AFJF said:

That's only for those who didn't watch the second half of the season.  Had an early drop vs Chargers and caught every on-target pass for the rest of the season.

one drop? he officially had 4  but it looked like more than that. 

i dont think Herndon is some great upgrade over what we have. he might be no upgrade at all.

Herndon cant get more than 7 snaps a game in Minnesota. there TE aren't that good. Conklin started 6 games in 3 years and Herndon couldn't beat him out.