Say what you will about Herndon

23 minutes ago, Wit said:

Exactly, JD would have traded down with San Fran for picks. 

and what.. keep Sam? threw an INT on the first play of the game today...he is a joke

1 minute ago, doitny said:

and what.. keep Sam? threw an INT on the first play of the game today...he is a joke

Yeah, he was deciding between keeping Sam another year and trading the pick it keeping the pick and taking Zach. There was no chance at pitts either way. 

• Upvote 1
24 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I had Herndon as my break out candidate this year.  Thought he would get some easy look with yac opportunities but apparently we were all set!

Well, looks like you were wrong. 

I Have No Idea Shrug GIF

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

By far our worst position on the jets.  Bad look on Douglas for not at all addressing it, he seems to have his blind spot for kickers and TEs.

LOL - I get this, but every. position on the Jets was the worst position in the past 2 years. Can only fix so many holes. And there has to be a worst position on a team; would you be happy if the worst position was QB, K, or WR? I do get the frustration and a quality TE would go a long way to helping Zack along. But, this is a lost year anyway and it isn't like Herdon was a pro - he was gone soon anyway and he had years to prove himself. A 1 yard TD doesn't change my thought - can't believe we got a 4th for him - hopefully JD does something useful with the pick.

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

LOL - I get this, but every. position on the Jets was the worst position in the past 2 years. Can only fix so many holes. And there has to be a worst position on a team; would you be happy if the worst position was QB, K, or WR? I do get the frustration and a quality TE would go a long way to helping Zack along. But, this is a lost year anyway and it isn't like Herdon was a pro - he was gone soon anyway and he had years to prove himself. A 1 yard TD doesn't change my thought - can't believe we got a 4th for him - hopefully JD does something useful with the pick.

We drafted a QB who is gone, a crappy rb who is about 4th string and a flop olineman in the 4th round two years ago and drafted like 5 cbs small lbs this year in the later rounds,  he has not even tried to draft a te.  he also made no real attempt to get better than jags tes in fa.

So no i am not going to let him get way with oh you can only fill so many holes lame excuse.

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

We drafted a QB who is gone, a crappy rb who is about 4th string and a flop olineman in the 4th round two years ago and drafted like 5 cbs small lbs this year in the later rounds,  he has not even tried to draft a te.  he also made no real attempt to get better than jags tes in fa.

So no i am not going to let him get way with oh you can only fill so many holes lame excuse.

okay; yep - 4th and 5th round picks. The Jets have one of the youngest teams in the NFL; new coaching and a rookie QB; how much draft capital (would need to be 1st or 2nd round likely to be a big hit) and how much money do you want to throw at TE in a year where we were going to loose anyway? I would imagine TE will be addressed in the offseason or next draft.

Also, at this point, they want TEs to pass protect and block, more than they want a TE to catch IMO.

Herndon is like a lot of jet players over the years.

He flashed for a few games as a rookie, jets fans then overrate him and make wild proclamations,  he then regressed and did nothing but jets fans cant let go of those few flashes.

Same story over and over. You see people doing it now with Douglas picks.

5 hours ago, doitny said:

one drop? he officially had 4  but it looked like more than that. 

i dont think Herndon is some great upgrade over what we have. he might be no upgrade at all.

Herndon cant get more than 7 snaps a game in Minnesota. there TE aren't that good. Conklin started 6 games in 3 years and Herndon couldn't beat him out.

The one drop in the Chargers game was his last drop of the season which is why I said there were no issues with him beyond that.

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, Lith said:

Exactly.  And Herndon is marginally better than Brown.  And at least Brown gives you something on STs.

You have to count every yard Brown has picked up since 2016 to get him to the number Herndon put up last season.