Darnold regressing, throws INT on first play (Frankie Luvu blocks punt, Herndon catches TD. Oh my this MIN-CAR Game!)

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

"Nothing is Sam's fault today."

No..  i said you guys circle jerking about Darnold sucking when we have the worst qb in the league is bizarre.  Especially since he played fine from the hour I watched.

But you do you.

I think one of the more entertaining things about the Darnold-Panthers talk this year was all the people hyped about his reunion with Robby Anderson. Fans, talking heads, etc.

Robby had his best year on our team with Josh McCown, never exceeded 800 yards with Darnold, and publicly talked bad about him on twitter. We're still seeing the poor connection this year and Panthers fans are furious that its not working.

3 minutes ago, Pac said:

No..  i said you guys circle jerking about Darnold sucking when we have the worst qb in the league is bizarre.  Especially since he played fine from the hour I watched.

But you do you.

I circle jerk because of your take that keeping Sweet Sammy around, and not getting Carolina's 2022 2nd & 4th round picks in the process, was the right decision.  Days like these verify that idea to be a real fun one to discuss.

Only circle jerk that's better is the one where you still think Jamal Adams is a lock HOFer.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Interesting to hear @Pac's thoughts on whether keeping Anderson would have been the right move.  Since, you know, he's potentially costing Sweet Sammy the win today.  

OK my personal conspiracy theory after watching some of Robbie's reactions is that he is not a Sam fan

• Upvote 3

Darnold really needs to hammer down his TO's, still. All he really had to do this year was be a game manager. Everyone knows he has arm talent, but it's not going to work out if he doesn't fix those bad plays.

Has the most picks+fumbles in the NFL with 12. The guy he replaced has 1. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, dbatesman said:

We have the Panthers' 2nd round pick. Rooting for Darnold to play terribly is the opposite of bizarre. Making excuses for a guy the Jets traded six months ago feels a little weird though.

Please.  This crew still takes joy in berating Pennington, Geno, and Sanchez.  Nice try tho.

1 minute ago, Pac said:

Please.  This crew still takes joy in berating Pennington, Geno, and Sanchez.  Nice try tho.

We dislike Jets players that suck.  It's kind of part of the deal when 2 of those 3 names you just listed, plus Darnold, are big reasons the team has the longest NFL playoff drought.

The bigger hate goes for the guys that drafted the bad players, but since Maccagnan is currently unemployed, there isn't really any reason to berate him further on a weekly basis.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

5 minutes ago, Grandy said:

Darnold really needs to hammer down his TO's, still. All he really had to do this year was be a game manager. Everyone knows he has arm talent, but it's not going to work out if he doesn't fix those bad plays.

Has the most picks+fumbles in the NFL with 12. The guy he replaced has 1. 

He'll never be a game manager because he is incapable of cutting down on the turnovers.

He's a gunslinger who throws for a little over 200 yards a game.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Pac said:

But you do you.

hahahhahaaha.... he played fine for a hour...LMAO

yeah and sucked for the other 3.

did you see he tried to call back to back time outs and thats illegal. got his team a delay of game penalty.  in his 4th year that inexcusable.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, doitny said:

your right. and hes supposed to be out for 3 weeks...

3-6, here we come Panthers!

And I imagine this won't be the last injury CMC deals with this year.  He's just not built to last in this league.  Carolina just needs to convert him to a really expensive slot receiver and be done with it.  He simply can't run between the tackles and expect to stay healthy.

• Upvote 2

Bottom line is simple..

You can say Sam is good or not good, but he's never going to win a Super Bowl. Simply not at that level of a player.  I always liked Sam and defended him for quite a while, until it became obvious. 

Keeping Sam around would simply be a declaration that mediocre is the goal.

• Upvote 4

I wonder what in the world Carolina is going to do about the upcoming Darnold contract if he's not clearly good, or bad enough to make a definitive choice. Moving on would be the best thing to do, but that probably gets you fired.

It's definitely one of the weirder ball and chains I've ever seen.

• Upvote 1

I think the dumb interceptions are just an integral part of who Sam is as an NFL QB at this point. I don’t see them suddenly going away. I’ll reiterate what I said after the panthers started 3-0 and everyone in the national media was sh*tting on the Jets for dumping him - I’m glad we moved on. 

I will give Sam credit for that last drive - made some really nice throws. 

Btw, the one panther clearly worse than Sam today was Anderson - yikes. 

• Sympathy 1