New Stadium

12 minutes ago, rox said:

It's all about money.

What the cost of land and labor in Carolina isn't the same as it is int he NY/NJ area? Also, for the cost of these stadiums, it only makes sense to share if you can. 17 uses a year (and some concerts and soccer events) just is not a good use of $1 Billion.

• Upvote 4

44 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

What the cost of land and labor in Carolina isn't the same as it is int he NY/NJ area? Also, for the cost of these stadiums, it only makes sense to share if you can. 17 uses a year (and some concerts and soccer events) just is not a good use of $1 Billion.

I’ve been dying to build a mansion on a swamp in NJ with my own exit ramp.  The cost of land is holding me back.  

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Scotty Wooty Doo Doo said:

All these teams getting new stadiums . Just seen pictures of Carolina's new stadium to compete with The Ram's and Raider's new ones. I wonder why the Jets still wanna share a spot .

Sent from my SM-G996U using JetNation.com mobile app

Our owners are cheap and know nothing about building a successful football team.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

35 minutes ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

image.thumb.jpeg.1fc60d6c89fd1690eaa817f7a42ac140.jpeg

This is the stadium we should have been playing in right now, but Dolan didn’t want competition for his concerts.

This had a closed roof and about 30k less seats than MetLife, but it would have been louder and jam packed every game.  Could have been a true home field advantage with the noise level.

MetLife should be called MetNoLife.  No roof and no one builds that dumb top upper tier nose bleed seats anymore. They never sell out and all those empty seats look dumb. 

Just build it next to Citifield.. I’m a Yankees fan and have never been to Citifield, but from pictures it looks like plenty of room there. 

FYI I’m a yankee fan and citifield is nicer than the new yankee stadium.

as for noise, after being to arrowhead twice I know why that place is so loud. The entire stadium is built into the ground (like a sub woofer). It’s almost a duplicate of giants stadium minus the mezzanine. At giants stadium and MetLife you have to walk up to get to the lower level (it’s built on a swamp) In arrowhead you walk downstairs to get to lower level and upstairs for everything else.

we’re stuck with this over priced sh*thole until at least 2035 lol

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, BP said:

as for noise, after being to arrowhead twice I know why that place is so loud. The entire stadium is built into the ground (like a sub woofer). It’s almost a duplicate of giants stadium minus the mezzanine. At giants stadium and MetLife you have to walk up to get to the lower level (it’s built on a swamp) In arrowhead you walk downstairs to get to lower level and upstairs for everything else.

Other than Met Life looking like a stack of DVD's, it's  not a bad place to see a game.

• Upvote 3

17 hours ago, Scotty Wooty Doo Doo said:

All these teams getting new stadiums . Just seen pictures of Carolina's new stadium to compete with The Ram's and Raider's new ones. I wonder why the Jets still wanna share a spot .

For the same reasons the Rams and Chargers do the same?  

Because it makes financial sense?

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

What’s insane is I can’t think of another professional sports team in any sport that has NEVER had their own stadium other than the Jets.  We have always been a tenant of someone else or shared like now.  

So, it changes anyones world how?  

You'd be happier if the Jets paid double the near billion they spent for their half of Metlife why exactly

And once again, why is it that not one Giants fans complains like we do that they only own 1/2 of a 2 billion dollar stadium 

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

So, it changes anyones world how?  

You'd be happier if the Jets paid double the near billion they spent for their half of Metlife why exactly

And once again, why is it that not one Giants fans complains like we do that they only own 1/2 of a 2 billion dollar stadium 

your right.

and we do OWN half the stadium. were not renting anything. for us to move wouldn't the Mara have to buy us out of our half? 

guys i dont think were ever moving anywhere.

and like @T0mShane said we had a chance to move to NYC and the Politian's stop us.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, BP said:

Citifield isn't in the same league as Yankee Stadium.  Yankee stadium is beautiful and you can see the action on the entire field from any seat.  You can't see balls hit into the right field corner of Citi Field if you're sitting in good seats on the first base line.  It's a turd meant to be a tribute to the Brooklyn Dodgers who sold out Brooklyn for greener pastures.  

PS the parking sucks balls.  

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Scotty Wooty Doo Doo said:

Because Woody is a cheap **** and would rather save the money than have an actual identity for his team. As of now due to the total lack of talent the past 10 + years the only Identity we have is J-E-T-S jets jets jets chant and even that is starting to become more annoying by the minute when every single interview with the fans they repeat that chant 900 times in a row in the back ground like a bunch of Idiots that have nothing else but that chant.