New Stadium

23 hours ago, Scotty Wooty Doo Doo said:

All these teams getting new stadiums . Just seen pictures of Carolina's new stadium to compete with The Ram's and Raider's new ones. I wonder why the Jets still wanna share a spot .

Sent from my SM-G996U using JetNation.com mobile app

Easy answer there.  Sharing expenses with the Giants means more profits for both outfits. 

A colorful, flashy & wildly light up BROADWAY themed west side stadium would have been a lot of fun but with the same owner picking the GM, HC and so on... They would still perform poorly on the field.  

Jets going nowhere with that owner. 

On 10/17/2021 at 2:40 PM, Scotty Wooty Doo Doo said:

All these teams getting new stadiums . Just seen pictures of Carolina's new stadium to compete with The Ram's and Raider's new ones. I wonder why the Jets still wanna share a spot .

Sent from my SM-G996U using JetNation.com mobile app

Woody is a cheap son of a bit-h .

• Upvote 1

image.thumb.jpeg.1fc60d6c89fd1690eaa817f7a42ac140.jpeg

This is the stadium we should have been playing in right now, but Dolan didn’t want competition for his concerts.
This had a closed roof and about 30k less seats than MetLife, but it would have been louder and jam packed every game.  Could have been a true home field advantage with the noise level.
MetLife should be called MetNoLife.  No roof and no one builds that dumb top upper tier nose bleed seating anymore. They never sell out and all those empty seats look dumb. 
Just build it next to Citifield.. I’m a Yankees fan and have never been to Citifield, but from pictures it looks like plenty of room there. 

It boggles my mind how the Nets can get a new arena, but we cant get a new stadium. This town hates the Jets.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2

57 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

One of the weirdest things on this website.

I don't really think so.  We talk about everything here.  I'm primarily concerned about the on-field product, and pained the most by the fact that the Jets have now sucked for an entire decade.  But I think it's perfectly fine to acknowledge that the stadium (as someone who goes there for every game) -- and the uniforms for that matter! -- looking like total sh*t, adds to the bummer.

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

I don't really think so.  We talk about everything here.  I'm primarily concerned about the on-field product, and pained the most by the fact that the Jets have now sucked for an entire decade.  But I think it's perfectly fine to acknowledge that the stadium (as someone who goes there for every game) -- and the uniforms for that matter! -- looking like total sh*t, adds to the bummer.

Acknowledge, sure.  But, the fact that people are still bemoaning it a decade later, is weird.  It's a structure.  There are seats to watch a football game, and food to eat, and bathrooms.  You are there for 4 hours, 8-10x per year.  It's fine.

Alternatively, the uniforms kind of threw out our history in a misguided "hello fellow kids" type effort to be modern and hip.  They're embarrassing on a very different level and actually a representation of the team.

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

But the stadium really isnt that bad?? 

I mean i get you dont like the design....i dont know i like metlife. I didn't want to be traveling the city each sunday

• WTF? 1

On 10/17/2021 at 8:09 PM, T0mShane said:

Sheldon "Thirty pieces of" Silver

There's your answer.

Whatever happened to the redevelopment that was supposed to happen instead of the stadium?

I'm not from NY, so that's a genuine question - did it ever happen? (I suspect not)

5 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

But the stadium really isnt that bad?? 

I mean i get you dont like the design....i dont know i like metlife. 

Those screaming for a sexier stadium wear the same pair of underwear for a week and haven't bought a new car in a decade, they're the last people who should be commenting on style.  And they wouldn't know a nice stadium from a dump anyway as they are too drunk to know the difference, and would piss on Michelangelo's David if it let them get back to the beer line faster than a port-o-potty 10 feet away.

SAR I

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Those screaming for a sexier stadium wear the same pair of underwear for a week and haven't bought a new car in a decade, they're the last people who should be commenting on style.  And they wouldn't know a nice stadium from a dump anyway as they are too drunk to know the difference, and would piss on Michelangelo's David if it let them get back to the beer line faster than a port-o-potty 10 feet away.

SAR I

Ok.

19 hours ago, mrcoops said:

There's your answer.

Whatever happened to the redevelopment that was supposed to happen instead of the stadium?

I'm not from NY, so that's a genuine question - did it ever happen? (I suspect not)

Oh, it happened.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hudson_Yards_(development)

Hudson Yards - Home to the Vessel - a structure people immediately began using to jump to their deaths.

So Jets.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/jul/31/new-york-vessel-hudson-yards-death

• Haha 3

On 10/17/2021 at 4:37 PM, TokyoJetsFan said:

This is the stadium we should have been playing in right now, but Dolan didn’t want competition for his concerts.

This had a closed roof and about 30k less seats than MetLife, but it would have been louder and jam packed every game.  Could have been a true home field advantage with the noise level.

MetLife should be called MetNoLife.  No roof and no one builds that dumb top upper tier nose bleed seating anymore. They never sell out and all those empty seats look dumb. 

Just build it next to Citifield.. I’m a Yankees fan and have never been to Citifield, but from pictures it looks like plenty of room there. 

Isn't there some nice expensive housing and a cool sculpture that looks like a giant schwarma instead? 

Probably for the best. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

Oh, it happened.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hudson_Yards_(development)

Hudson Yards - Home to the Vessel - a structure people immediately began using to jump to their deaths. So Jets.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/jul/31/new-york-vessel-hudson-yards-death

I feel like there could have been a healthy amount of death jumping at the Jets stadium too. 

I wonder why everyone picks the giant schwarma to commit the suicide on. Maybe it's ease of getting off it. 

• Upvote 1

On 10/17/2021 at 3:09 PM, T0mShane said:

Sheldon Silver

Silver Avoids Jail  . . .  Did Anyone Expect Him to Be Lock Up?

Jimmy-Johnson-Survivor%2Bcopy.gif

Sheldon Silver avoids jail for at least another year (NYP) Crooked former Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver caught the break of a lifetime Thursday when a judge ruled that he can stay out of prison while he appeals — likely buying him at least another year of freedom. The powerful puppet master, who used his position to swindle $5.4 million in kickbacks and bribes, was supposed to surrender Wednesday to begin serving his 12-year sentence.
But Manhattan federal Judge Valerie Caproni, who presided over Silver’s trial, instead granted the Manhattan Democrat’s request that he remain free on bail.*

6 hours ago, ZachEY said:

Acknowledge, sure.  But, the fact that people are still bemoaning it a decade later, is weird.  It's a structure.  There are seats to watch a football game, and food to eat, and bathrooms.  You are there for 4 hours, 8-10x per year.  It's fine.

Alternatively, the uniforms kind of threw out our history in a misguided "hello fellow kids" type effort to be modern and hip.  They're embarrassing on a very different level and actually a representation of the team.

It has to be some kind of deflated ego/inferiority complex  thing among the Jets fans that never stop yapping about it.  Put a cork in it already.  

• Thumb Down 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Citifield is awesome.  But next to it there's the giant tennis stadium there. The rest is water, the GCP and LaGuardia.   Maybe the Jets can buy one of the LaGuardia runways, or just a total Flushing Meadow park do-over into a Gotham City-like atmosphere with a stadium next to the globe.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

It has to be some kind of deflated ego/inferiority complex  thing among the Jets fans that never stop yapping about it.  Put a cork in it already.  

And the people complaining either:

1.  Aren't gorgeous fashion models and have no sense of fashion or style.

2.  Aren't Jets season ticket holders and have no intention of being.

"The stadium isn't pretty enough for me."  Shut up.

SAR I

• Haha 2

On 10/17/2021 at 5:42 PM, TokyoJetsFan said:

What’s insane is I can’t think of another professional sports team in any sport that has NEVER had their own stadium other than the Jets.  We have always been a tenant of someone else or shared like now.  

Act low class, get treated like low class. 

Itinerant gypsies will never be successful. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, SAR I said:

And the people complaining either:

1.  Aren't gorgeous fashion models and have no sense of fashion or style.

2.  Aren't Jets season ticket holders and have no intention of being.

"The stadium isn't pretty enough for me."  Shut up.

SAR I

You support a failed corporate subsidiary being kept afloat by the TV deals. They wouldn't care if nobody shows up, as long as that sweet TV money keeps rolling in.  ST holders are now worse than irrelevant, you're rubes being swindled and laughed at by the real rich kids. 

2 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

You support a failed corporate subsidiary being kept afloat by the TV deals. They wouldn't care if nobody shows up, as long as that sweet TV money keeps rolling in.  ST holders are now worse than irrelevant, you're rubes being swindled and laughed at by the real rich kids. 

I don’t disagree.  But my kids like going to the games with me so we do. 

SAR I

• Sympathy 1

15 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I don’t disagree.  But my kids like going to the games with me so we do. 

SAR I

Brutal, isn't it. When other teams provide actual entertainment for their fans, and we're trapped in this cycle of futility. 

Enjoy with your son, its the only thing with value in the entire endeavor. 

• Sympathy 1

Don’t forget the tailgating by boat!