Defending Joe Douglas; And It's Year 2 Not Year 3

McNeil

3 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Little known fact. I don’t like food delivery. Don’t pass out yet, I just like my food fresh, other than pizza most delivered food is steamed out and yucky. Hence my home is within 1-2 miles of 50+ restaurants. Just living my best life son!

I like to imagine a trough in your backyard where all 50+ restaurants dump food on a daily basis.  

2 hours ago, Biggs said:

I expected a two to three year rebuild.  I expected that they would have a development plan for Zach.  It's clear their plan was throw him into the fire without adequate protection or a full understanding of the O.  They had no backup plan and they set the rebuild back.  

They are doing more to protect and develop Mimms than they are to protect Zach.  

Mims doesn't understand the offense, that's why he hasn't played that much. 

I disagree they set the rebuild back. A lack of running game has been detrimental to the offense. Some of that falls on JD like getting GVR and Fant, but some of that falls on the coaching staff for their schemes and not properly coaching Zach how to do play action. I can tell when he is not handing the ball off. Zach/OC need to keep the LBs honest.

7 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Little known fact. I don’t like food delivery. Don’t pass out yet, I just like my food fresh, other than pizza most delivered food is steamed out and yucky. Hence my home is within 1-2 miles of 50+ restaurants. Just living my best life son!

That's a life lesson.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

I think the issue foundation.  I kind of feel like you.  We need more time to see how we are doing.  I do not feel that things look great right now and I'm not sure how promising they are.   Everybody was hoping that 2019 was going to be like 1996 and that we might have some quick turnaround with the new coach bump. 

This certainly does not like like 1997 or 2009.  More importantly, the pieces that Douglas added are not looking great.  If Maccagnan was so bad, you'd think that many of the pieces added in 2019 and 2020 would be core players.  Which of those guys is looking good?  Guidry.  JFM.  Hall.  If everything else was the same and Becton and Mims were flourishing opinion would be much higher.  Hopefully that is where we are headed as the year goes on.

Some of the pieces that JD added were for an Adam Gase coached team. Different offensive and defensive schemes. This is why I said that the organization is looking at 2021 as year one of the rebuild.

Who was he supposed to get in 2019 after free agency, the draft, and the UDFA period was over? 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Claymation said:

Mims doesn't understand the offense, that's why he hasn't played that much. 

Then change the offense to adapt to the player wherever possible.  That's part of a coaching staff's job. 

An offense that stubbornly requires nothing but smurf slot receivers to succeed is not a good offense.

• Upvote 3

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Then change the offense to adapt to the player wherever possible.  That's part of a coaching staff's job. 

An offense that requires nothing but smurf slot receivers to succeed is not a good offense.

I wish it was legal to hire this genius to replace LaFleur

i win square peg in a round hole GIF

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

An offense that stubbornly requires nothing but smurf slot receivers to succeed is not a good offense.

So you believe the Jets need to dumb down an offense because someone doesn't understand his position? 

2 minutes ago, Claymation said:

So you believe the Jets need to dumb down an offense because someone doesn't understand his position? 

Define "dumbing down".  I'm advocating they use a big, fast receiver like he's meant to be used, and not as a slot receiver.  If that's "dumbing down", then yes.

16 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Some of the pieces that JD added were for an Adam Gase coached team. Different offensive and defensive schemes. This is why I said that the organization is looking at 2021 as year one of the rebuild.

Who was he supposed to get in 2019 after free agency, the draft, and the UDFA period was over? 

If Adam Gase was in Joe Douglas’ long term plans after the 2019 season then that in itself is pretty damning. 

On 10/19/2021 at 11:22 AM, The Crusher said:

Ok boomer.

Edit: this was a joke 

• WTF? 1

I'm gonna make this easy for everyone since I like all you so very much. Whether you support JD or don't, his top 3 picks from 2021 draft must be the foundation of a golden age of jets offense. If not, he probably doesn't make it through next year. If you want him gone by end of this year, give up, you're delusional is not happening. His 2021 draft needs ample time to prove they're great or a failure. 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

I'm gonna make this easy for everyone since I like all you so very much. Whether you support JD or don't, his top 3 picks from 2021 draft must be the foundation of a golden age of jets offense. If not, he probably doesn't make it through next year. If you want him gone by end of this year, give up, you're delusional is not happening. His 2021 draft needs ample time to prove they're great or a failure. 

Joe Douglas is not going anywhere until the end of his contract, and the bare minimum. The Johnson's have been paying for two GMs and two coaches (At the time of the new hires) as far back as Idzik, if I recall correctly. If you want to attract good GMs. coaches, and players, you have to show that you are committed to the contract. This is independent of whether or not I think that JD is doing a good, bad, or meh job.  

joe's team last year was the second worst in the league-joes team this year will be near or at the bottom again-Joe is what is record says he is-GM of one of the worst teams in football and the team has not shown improvement as indicated by the games lost and the lack of competitive plan on the field.

Joe will be here for two more years at a minimum -as I said before, his best accomplishment is convincing some fans he needs years for his master plan to work when by now Parecells was in the AFC championship and he was handed a 1 win team. The Joe fan boys will ignore that reality and make all kinds of excuses why Parcells could do something that Joe cant even come remotely close to accomplishing.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

On 10/17/2021 at 5:25 PM, SAR I said:

Add up all the players Joe Douglas brought to Florham Park.  Now, choose the ones that look like they would start on any other NFL team.

÷ 38 = 3%

SAR I

Mekhi Becton, Bryce Hall, Braden Mann, Carl Lawson, John Franklin Myers, GVR, George Fant, Corey Davis, Morgan Moses, AVT......Looks like a lot more than "1". 

• Upvote 3

21 hours ago, kmnj said:

joe's team last year was the second worst in the league-joes team this year will be near or at the bottom again-Joe is what is record says he is-GM of one of the worst teams in football and the team has not shown improvement as indicated by the games lost and the lack of competitive plan on the field.

Joe will be here for two more years at a minimum -as I said before, his best accomplishment is convincing some fans he needs years for his master plan to work when by now Parecells was in the AFC championship and he was handed a 1 win team. The Joe fan boys will ignore that reality and make all kinds of excuses why Parcells could do something that Joe cant even come remotely close to accomplishing.

The goal isn't to have a team with one year of success. Bill Parcells went 9-7 then 12-4 then 8-8. Finishing 3rd 1st and 4th in the division respectively. Didn't know we were looking for Mediocrity could've kept Rex Ryan.