The NFL is WWF level garbage.

2 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

Honest question…..Does anybody like the NFL right now or thinks that it is better now than it was say 10 or 15 years ago ? Maybe it is because the Jets have been so bad for so long, but to me with all the rule changes to protect the QB and to generate more scoring has made the game totally unwatchable. There is no team identity. There are no Steel Curtains or Doomsday Defenses. There are no great rivalries like Cowboys vs Redskins, Raiders vs Steelers, Bears vs Packers where players legitimately did not like each other. Everyone now has to be the same. Well guess what it SUCKS. 

The extra points are so stupid with the distance.

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

Honest question…..Does anybody like the NFL right now or thinks that it is better now than it was say 10 or 15 years ago ? Maybe it is because the Jets have been so bad for so long, but to me with all the rule changes to protect the QB and to generate more scoring has made the game totally unwatchable. There is no team identity. There are no Steel Curtains or Doomsday Defenses. There are no great rivalries like Cowboys vs Redskins, Raiders vs Steelers, Bears vs Packers where players legitimately did not like each other. Everyone now has to be the same. Well guess what it SUCKS. 

As far as the quality of the actual product the NFL is a distant 4th out of the 4 major sports . 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Comment:

The NFL officiating is a sick joke, but human incompetence is generally much more likely than large conspiracies. 

Question:

How much money did you lose today? (We’ve all been there) 

I gave up gambling on sports when the Patriots came back and won that Super Bowl against the Falcons. From that day on I decided on not gambling on anything I can’t control myself…and I was a heavy sports gambler.  I’m much happier on NFL Sundays now.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

I gave up gambling on sports when the Patriots came back and won that Super Bowl against the Falcons. From that day on I decided on not gambling on anything I can’t control myself…and I was a heavy sports gambler.  I’m much happier on NFL Sundays now.

I lost a ton that day....what made it worse is I was figuring out how I was gonna spend my winnings at halftime. lol

• Upvote 2

Just now, undertow said:

I lost a ton that day....what made it worse is I was figuring out how I was gonna spend my winnings at halftime. lol

Same lol...and I lost a ton that day and lost more because my bookie has a live spread throughout the game and I kept increasing my bets at different spreads.  I lost every single bet that day. 

17 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The older you get, the less things are geared toward your preferences. The NFL doesn’t care if 45+ year-old dudes are happy, because they know for a fact that you’re going to watch it anyway. There is no competition for your attention. The NFL changes the rules and realigns its production to attract younger, more profitable viewers. The 24 year old kid who’s paying attention to the NFL because of his DraftKings or FanDuel account is worth exponentially more to advertisers than our washed-up, broken-down old asses. We’re just the furniture now.

Sadly you are exactly right.

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

Comment:

The NFL officiating is a sick joke, but human incompetence is generally much more likely than large conspiracies. 

Question:

How much money did you lose today? (We’ve all been there) 

If its general human incompetence,  why does it seem to always help the same 10 teams consistently?

And I lost zero dollars. I have never bet on any sports aside from the random "squares" pools my friend does at his annual SB party. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

35 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The older you get, the less things are geared toward your preferences. The NFL doesn’t care if 45+ year-old dudes are happy, because they know for a fact that you’re going to watch it anyway. There is no competition for your attention. The NFL changes the rules and realigns its production to attract younger, more profitable viewers. The 24 year old kid who’s paying attention to the NFL because of his DraftKings or FanDuel account is worth exponentially more to advertisers than our washed-up, broken-down old asses. We’re just the furniture now.

My two boys don't give a sh*t about Football,  bores them to tears.

That's a problem for the NFL. And this old guy turned to the evening News at 6. ?

Haven't watched a full NFL game start to finish in a couple of years now.  

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2