The NFL is WWF level garbage.

1 minute ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

My two boys don't give a sh*t about Football,  bores them to tears.

That's a problem for the NFL. And this old guy turned to the evening News at 6. ?

Haven't watched a full NFL game start to finish in a couple of years now.  

My son is WAY more into the NBA , could care less about the NFL…like I said if your not gambling on it the NFL is unwatchable right now 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Example?

I saw Dak Prescott with the ball in the end zone at the bottom of the pile in New England today.  How that wasn’t a TD?   I don’t know, that was 3rd down.  On 4th down he tried to break the plane of the goal line with the ball out stretched, as he was a hand slapped at the ball and knocked it out, although a decent case could be made that the ball did in fact break the plane.

Probably a TD negated for Dallas in New England on consecutive plays, kept the game close to tied.  Was glad to see Dallas beat them in an OT that probably should have never been.

Yes...looked like pro wrestling at he goal line, those 2 plays.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

I saw Dak Prescott with the ball in the end zone at the bottom of the pile in New England today.  How that wasn’t a TD?   I don’t know, that was 3rd down.  On 4th down he tried to break the plane of the goal line with the ball out stretched, as he was a hand slapped at the ball and knocked it out, although a decent case could be made that the ball did in fact break the plane.

Probably a TD negated for Dallas in New England on consecutive plays, kept the game close to tied.  Was glad to see Dallas beat them in an OT that probably should have never been.

Yes...looked like pro wrestling at he goal line, those 2 plays.

Now THAT is an example. I didn't see the play, but I heard about it. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, HtownJet said:

Man the WWF was entertainment at it’s best. I was disappointed when I learned Kamala wasn’t from Uganda but actually from Mississippi.

Kamala is one my favorite wrestlers. The WWF did him wrong by not paying him enough. People paid to see Hulk Hogan fight Kamala. 

2 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

If its general human incompetence,  why does it seem to always help the same 10 teams consistently?

And I lost zero dollars. I have never bet on any sports aside from the random "squares" pools my friend does at his annual SB party. 

fair enough.

I think there is a lot of interesting psychology involved in how we perceive things, but I often feel the same way 

• Sympathy 1

28 minutes ago, HtownJet said:

Man the WWF was entertainment at it’s best. I was disappointed when I learned Kamala wasn’t from Uganda but actually from Mississippi.

Being 10 years old and having my friends dad tell us that George the animal Steele was a college professor remains one of the mind blowing events of my life to this day . 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

Being 10 years old and having my friends dad tell us that George the animal Steele was a college professor remains one of the mind blowing events of my life to this day . 

Yes he was a teacher and a real character in the ring. We were also in the middle of the Cold War, so you had Nikolai Volkov and the iron Sheik. So yeah even politics was part of the act…very clever marketing.

2 hours ago, Untouchable said:

I’ve mostly hated it for a long time now.

I watch out of habit, more than anything.

Between the Jets sucking for a decade, the increasingly sh*tty officiating, rule changes every year simply for the sake of rule changes, and all of the completely fake political BS being shoved down everyone’s throats…the product is terrible even compared to just 10-15 years ago.

At least boxing seems to be making a long awaited comeback.

I agree with you to the letter...

I don't really care what anybody's personal, social, or political stance is.

I'm a fan of the game of football not the NFL product.

That being said the irony here, thread title included, is that even Pro Wrestling sucks these days.

Even though they've openly admitted that the whole thing is an act and a set up, albeit entertainment, they still can't even get that right!?

It's all watered down and everybody's crying like a pussy.... It's nauseating.

Good on you and you're nod to Boxing! Your sentiments are definitely appreciated.

After Don King leveled the entire sport by putting on complete s*** shows, asking $100 for PPV's, so we can watch strawweight Japanese guys and Muhammad Ali's daughter, it's nice to see that the fine art of pugilism has kept it's chin up!!

Pun intended-

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Untouchable said:

I’ve mostly hated it for a long time now.

I watch out of habit, more than anything.

Between the Jets sucking for a decade, the increasingly sh*tty officiating, rule changes every year simply for the sake of rule changes, and all of the completely fake political BS being shoved down everyone’s throats…the product is terrible even compared to just 10-15 years ago.

At least boxing seems to be making a long awaited comeback.

Boxing has made art out of bad officiating and decisions.  Boxing is not really making a comeback.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

I agree with you to the letter...

I don't really care what anybody's personal, social, or political stance is.

I'm a fan of the game of football not the NFL product.

That being said the irony here, thread title included, is that even Pro Wrestling sucks these days.

Even though they've openly admitted that the whole thing is an act and a set up, albeit entertainment, they still can't even get that right!?

It's all watered down and everybody's crying like a pussy.... It's nauseating.

Good on you and you're nod to Boxing! Your sentiments are definitely appreciated.

After Don King leveled the entire sport by putting on complete s*** shows, asking $100 for PPV's, so we can watch strawweight Japanese guys and Muhammad Ali's daughter, it's nice to see that the fine art of pugilism has kept it's chin up!!

Pun intended-

The biggest problem with wrestling is that they don’t even attempt to make it seem real anymore. Sure, anyone over the age of 12 should realize it’s a work, but when I was a kid and dudes like Ric Flair, Harley Race, Black Jack Mulligan, Jerry Lawler, Ricky Steamboat, Junkyard Dog, etc were running the show…it was awesome.

Now they’re quite literally D list Hollywood actors.

Even before I got out of it in the late 90’s it was still pretty damn entertaining with guys like Sting, The Rock, Austin and Foley.

Now it’s just tamed down garbage with dudes who are seemingly trying their damndest to all but scream in your face that it’s nothing more than silly bullsh*t.

Well, also MMA kicked into full force and even further peeled back the illusion. I love me some UFC (as well as PRIDE and K1 20 years ago), and though it’s a legitimate sport…it could never capture the same entertainment factor of “in its prime” pro wrestling.

• Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, adb280z said:

Boxing has made art out of bad officiating and decisions.  Boxing is not really making a comeback.

Disagree completely 

The big draw for boxing has always been the heavyweights and now you have a prime crop of dudes like Fury (legit all-timer), Usyk, Joshua, Wilder, Ruiz, etc.

Not to mention the smaller dudes like Golovkin, Spence, Crawford, etc who are supremely talented.

This is a far cry from the late 90’s/majority of the 2000’s.

• Haha 1

I think the NFL has become very watered down product and nothing like the football I grew up with in the late 70's and 80's.  I've given a lot of thought as to why I feel that way, and the easy surface level answer is that I'm older now, more cynical  in general based on life experience, and it's ME who has changed and not football. But then of course I realize that it's not ME, it IS the NFL that has changed.  It's BIG business now, and it's run that way, kowtowing to political influences, the massive gambling industry, and their TV and broadcast partners.  They've altered the rules to protect the biggest investments - the QB's, and have removed much of the hard hitting and intensity from the game to the point where it feels like you're not even watching tackle football sometimes.  You can't breathe on the QB or the WR's without seeing a flag, and the holding calls and other ticky tack penalties are so random and inconsistent and way too often, decide games. 

This definitely is NOT your daddy's NFL.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

If its general human incompetence,  why does it seem to always help the same 10 teams consistently?

And I lost zero dollars. I have never bet on any sports aside from the random "squares" pools my friend does at his annual SB party. 

Why does it always help the same teams and or stars?

great question

29 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

I think the NFL has become very watered down product and nothing like the football I grew up with in the late 70's and 80's.  I've given a lot of thought as to why I feel that way, and the easy surface level answer is that I'm older now, more cynical  in general based on life experience, and it's ME who has changed and not football. But then of course I realize that it's not ME, it IS the NFL that has changed.  It's BIG business now, and it's run that way, kowtowing to political influences, the massive gambling industry, and their TV and broadcast partners.  They've altered the rules to protect the biggest investments - the QB's, and have removed much of the hard hitting and intensity from the game to the point where it feels like you're not even watching tackle football sometimes.  You can't breathe on the QB or the WR's without seeing a flag, and the holding calls and other ticky tack penalties are so random and inconsistent and way too often, decide games. 

This definitely is NOT your daddy's NFL.

Agree

but

the player lawsuits are not fun for wealthy people so that also contributed to the rules crap we all hate..

trust me I intimately know about the law suit part. (Behind the scenes) I can’t say any more.

You tell me what you think about this
I dont get why he was upset that the radio guys only call him during the SB, and never to ask how his family is doing....its not like Dwight Smith calls them to see how their families are doing either lol

As for everything is predetermined, I'm not buying it....its impossible to control 22 guys on the field at once....too much randomness....if it was predetermined and rehearsed it would look sloppy and obvious....

The players would also have NO incentive to fix games....they're better off playing as best they can for a chance at a big contract.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

• Sympathy 1

13 hours ago, Jolot said:

It’s gambling first and product second now .FFS the announcers at the end of the Giants game were actively talking about the over-under . Disgusting. I know I sound like I’m waving my cane …but gambling and fantasy has ruined the sport . That and the league actively helping the Patriots still for some reason , the officiating during their games . Criminal. 

It was always about the line, vegas, and the lords of the underworld that control it...

They just do their bidding out in the open now 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, kdels62 said:

Modern NFL is great. You’re just old. 

Or better yet a bad gambler.

I worked at OTB when it was around back in the day and the horse gamblers were exactly the same, the races they won was because they had "systems" that worked and the races they lost, almost every single won was because there was a fix at the track that day and it made the "sport" a joke

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, jgb said:

Have a feeling if the Jets start winning it won't be because of a conspiracy or scripted storyline but because they are playing well

Gamblers lose on a missed Xtra point or a pick or whatever will find a way to blame conspiracies for their losses.  Its what gamblers do

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

The NFL has been a less than attractive option for decades now, but in 2000 it became a slap in the face to those with eyes and a soul. I used to be mad when I couldn't watch the games, but now I can find solace doing nearly anything else on Sunday.

Ain't no way in hell I could bring myself to watch wrestling though. I'd rather masterbate with a cheese grater....

2 minutes ago, BUM-KNEE said:

The NFL has been a less than attractive option for decades now, but in 2000 it became a slap in the face to those with eyes and a soul. I used to be mad when I couldn't watch the games, but now I can find solace doing nearly anything else on Sunday.

Ain't no way in hell I could bring myself to watch wrestling though. I'd rather masterbate with a cheese grater....

lost-for-words-doc-rivers.gif

• Haha 1