The NFL is WWF level garbage.

10 hours ago, RVAJet815 said:

Unfortunately, it's a players league. The big time players get the calls, the benefit of the doubt, and the officials watching out for them. Equally unfortunate is that the Jets haven't had players worthy of the leagues "attention" for years. 

Who are the big time players on the Patriots now ? It comes down to which owners are lining Goodells pockets and vice versa.

2 hours ago, BUM-KNEE said:

The NFL has been a less than attractive option for decades now, but in 2000 it became a slap in the face to those with eyes and a soul. I used to be mad when I couldn't watch the games, but now I can find solace doing nearly anything else on Sunday.

Ain't no way in hell I could bring myself to watch wrestling though. I'd rather masterbate with a cheese grater....

Ummm - Make America Grate again 

• Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, HtownJet said:

Man the WWF was entertainment at it’s best. I was disappointed when I learned Kamala wasn’t from Uganda but actually from Mississippi.

As a kid watching the old school wrestling on WOR Channel 9, we were told Gorilla Monsoon was from Manchuria.  Later, I learned he was really born in Rochester, NY.  lol

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

The new rule changes suck, but it's especially bad for us because they don't protect the scrubs like they do the stars.  

Watching Jet quarterbacks get hammered every week for years while you can't sneeze on our division rivals gets a bit unbearable. 

Did you see this yesterday.  Sure hope Kyler is okay after taking this vicious hit.  Yet, Zach has not had a roughing penalty called for him this season.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1

I have said for years.. the NFL has done the ONE thing you can NEVER EVER do.  Take the joy and excitement out of a scoring play.  I remember back in the 80's.. the deep ball to Toon/Walker.. 80 yard bomb.. crowd gets on their feet... roar starts to grow.. then BAM.. caught and  in the end zone. Stadium goes wild.   

Nowadays... 80 yard bomb.. crowd gets to their feet.. roar starts to grow... BAM... caught and in the end zone.. and everyone has to wait another minute BEFORE you can celebrate to see if:

A) What is that flag for?

B ) Is there a flag?

Sucks the enjoyment and excitement right out of the building.

• Upvote 4

The rules regarding catching the football is what gets me. I watched a game yesterday where a WR caught the ball in the EZ, with both feet on the ground and control of the ball when a DB came flying in and swiped the ball loose. In the "good ol days" of football that was instantly a TD. Now you have to not only catch the ball with two feet down and control but if you go to the ground and the ball comes out it is incomplete. What ever happened to the ground can't cause a fumble? IDK. Plus, I watch our QB's get hit high - in the head - and low - below the knees - and NOTHING is called. Yet when Quincy Williams tackles Matt Ryan at the belt with him just releasing the ball and it is called roughing well......that tells me all I need to know. 

30 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

The rules regarding catching the football is what gets me. I watched a game yesterday where a WR caught the ball in the EZ, with both feet on the ground and control of the ball when a DB came flying in and swiped the ball loose. In the "good ol days" of football that was instantly a TD. Now you have to not only catch the ball with two feet down and control but if you go to the ground and the ball comes out it is incomplete. What ever happened to the ground can't cause a fumble? IDK. Plus, I watch our QB's get hit high - in the head - and low - below the knees - and NOTHING is called. Yet when Quincy Williams tackles Matt Ryan at the belt with him just releasing the ball and it is called roughing well......that tells me all I need to know. 

The Quincy Williams call was a good one.  

Not because of where he hit him but because he drove him to the ground and landed on top of him.  Just can't do that anymore.  Can't drive a QB into the ground like that - it'll get called every time.  

• Thumb Down 1

22 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Not because of where he hit him but because he drove him to the ground and landed on top of him.  Just can't do that anymore.  Can't drive a QB into the ground like that - it'll get called every time.  

Yet when Carolina had two guys pile drive Wilson, no call was made. I have no issue calling that on Quincy, but be consistent. Just like the call on the Giants for hitting Bridgewater while he slid and then not calling it on Denver when they hit Jones as he slid.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

31 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

But he really didn't fall with all his weight on him , you can see on replay he pulls off to the side - absolute horsesh*t call . 

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, Jolot said:

My son is WAY more into the NBA , could care less about the NFL…like I said if your not gambling on it the NFL is unwatchable right now 

i love gambling. I made a G-note this weekend on that KC spread, and hit 4 game parlay in NCAA

I think we just all need to be more into gambling.

2 hours ago, Lith said:

Did you see this yesterday.  Sure hope Kyler is okay after taking this vicious hit.  Yet, Zach has not had a roughing penalty called for him this season.

The correct action would be for the NFL to suspend the official who threw the flag and/or the referee for two games.  

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Claymation said:

Yet when Carolina had two guys pile drive Wilson, no call was made. I have no issue calling that on Quincy, but be consistent. Just like the call on the Giants for hitting Bridgewater while he slid and then not calling it on Denver when they hit Jones as he slid.

This is the bigger issue. The inconsistency...its not called straight across the board at all! 

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Like the way Zach got driven into the ground with no call in Carolina?

or when Darnold got suplexed with no flag?

please.. the nfl is a joke

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, T0mShane said:

The older you get, the less things are geared toward your preferences. The NFL doesn’t care if 45+ year-old dudes are happy, because they know for a fact that you’re going to watch it anyway. There is no competition for your attention. The NFL changes the rules and realigns its production to attract younger, more profitable viewers. The 24 year old kid who’s paying attention to the NFL because of his DraftKings or FanDuel account is worth exponentially more to advertisers than our washed-up, broken-down old asses. We’re just the furniture now.

Clint Eastwood Get Off My Lawn GIFs | Tenor

Been calling it the WWF for a while and now?  It's official, the NFL has jumped the shark.  I'll never watch an NFL game end to end that Jets arent participants.  The Redzone is cool but actually watch an entire NFL game?   Never again.

See I'd rather watch one NFL game as opposed to the Redzone Channel.

I feel the Redzone channel is cool sometimes at 4pm when 4 crappy games are on and its whatever, but I'd rather watch one good game instead.

The Redzone feels like football on ADHD, I enjoy watching how a game progresses...watching a great tackle made on 3rd down at the sticks to force a 4th down in their own territory, I enjoy watching a great play on Special Teams (especially the Kick Off, which has become increasingly rare), I enjoy good defense, I enjoy watching a team run the ball down the others throat, watching how a drive progresses as opposed to just the highlights.

I'm getting older and don't play fantasy anymore, so I'm not the NFLs bread and butter. I stopped playing fantasy cause I hated caring if the Lions 2nd receiver scored a TD as opposed to their TE or halfback....it ruined the game for me, I personally enjoy the game as a whole and not just the highlights on steroids.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

• Upvote 4

On 10/17/2021 at 6:02 PM, Jolot said:

It’s gambling first and product second now .FFS the announcers at the end of the Giants game were actively talking about the over-under . Disgusting. I know I sound like I’m waving my cane …but gambling and fantasy has ruined the sport . That and the league actively helping the Patriots still for some reason , the officiating during their games . Criminal. 

totally agree with this.  there was a time when the nfl wouldn't dare touch gambling.  karras and hornung were fined for betting on their own teams.  the whole fantasy sports thing is out of control too.  i don't need some dopey espn show saying what fantasy players i want or need.  and where do the refs fit in?  i swear the refs are bought and sold in the nba.  can the nfl be far behind?

but you know, if i can recall correctly, the nfl calls their games exhibitions so they can get away from being sued for a bad outcome.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, papz187 said:

I feel the Redzone channel is cool sometimes at 4pm when 4 crappy games are on and its whatever, but I'd rather watch one good game instead.

The Redzone feels like football on ADHD, I enjoy watching how a game progresses...watching a great tackle made on 3rd down at the sticks to force a 4th down in their own territory, I enjoy watching a great play on Special Teams (especially the Kick Off, which has become increasingly rare), I enjoy good defense, I enjoy watching a team run the ball down the others throat, watching how a drive progresses as opposed to just the highlights.

I'm getting older and don't play fantasy anymore, so I'm not the NFLs bread and butter. I stopped playing fantasy cause I hated caring if the Lions 2nd receiver scored a TD as opposed to their TE or halfback....it ruined the game for me, I personally enjoy the game as a whole and not just the highlights on steroids.

Great post. Agree with all of it.

11 minutes ago, papz187 said:

Well, fwiw, when I say "watching the redzone" it's more just on in the background while I'm doing something else.  I dont like sit down and watch it intently but still, it's more entertaining to me than sitting down and watching a regular season game the Jets arent playing in.  They're so hard to watch.  The product is just trash.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

On 10/17/2021 at 6:02 PM, Jolot said:

It’s gambling first and product second now .FFS the announcers at the end of the Giants game were actively talking about the over-under . Disgusting. I know I sound like I’m waving my cane …but gambling and fantasy has ruined the sport . That and the league actively helping the Patriots still for some reason , the officiating during their games . Criminal. 

Ruined may be a bit strong. But have no doubt there's a Tim Donaghy out there in the NFL's future. Call PI or RTP every chance on both teams,  and the over bet is a given. Amazing turned on a  dime from being totally opposed to gambling to jumping in with both arms and both legs for the $. 

• Upvote 3

All the gambling ads are ridiculous.  I hope eventually they get the cigarette treatment.  As in no more commercials and ads literally EVERYWHERE. 

Any kids watching now will assume you drink beer, eat pizza n wings (cool), and gamble every week (bad).

But the product on the field is awesome.  Excluding Jersey teams of course.  This Monday Nighter was great.

• Upvote 1

On 10/17/2021 at 6:30 PM, Jimmy 2 Times said:

The new rule changes suck, but it's especially bad for us because they don't protect the scrubs like they do the stars.  

Watching Jet quarterbacks get hammered every week for years while you can't sneeze on our division rivals gets a bit unbearable. 

^This  

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, carlito1171 said:

It was always about the line, vegas, and the lords of the underworld that control it...

They just do their bidding out in the open now 

yup.  None of this is new. It's just shoved in your face all the time now.  There were biased refs in EVERY decade since I've been watching and there have always been allusions to favoritism based on gambling.  Yet somehow people start to realize it now?  The only difference now is legalized sports betting and fantasy, but the issues have always been there. In fact, just as much in basketball and baseball as the NFL.

• Sympathy 1

I get many of the complaints in here ... particularly the way QBs are protected like they're Queen Elizabeth, it's major vexing ... but man, many of y'all do sound like 'back in my day,' 'when I was your age' ... sticks in the mud ... I'm as a big a fan of the NFL as I've ever been and I go back decades ... sure there are things I sorely miss ... but I still get that NFL itch when Sunday rolls around, especially as temps drops ... I still see great players making great plays led by great coaches ... the Jets that's another story lol ... maybe that's what's being projected - Jets have sucked for so long, irritating NFL changes get under our skin more.

• Upvote 1