Leonard Williams, Sam Darnold, Jamal Adams- thank god

2 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

All 3 of them got paid, big time and are no longer part of the NY Jets organization.

Pretty sure they're all winners in this scenario and this is just another odd scorned lover Jets fan thingy that I'll just never understand.

It is odd, we don't want them to get paid here but then act like they took a dump on our pillow when they go and get paid elsewhere.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, JiFapono said:

All 3 of them got paid, big time and are no longer part of the NY Jets organization.

Pretty sure they're all winners in this scenario and this is just another odd scorned lover Jets fan thingy that I'll just never understand.

Burgess owens got traded and won a super bowl, Lawrence pillers got traded and won two Super Bowls. I liked both of them. Burgess owens was a great safety, don’t know why we traded him to the raiders.

I was happy for these guys. They didn’t trash the jets after they left, they were professionals.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

53 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

The Jets 1-4. Starting guys who be 3rd stringers on some team. But enjoy the victory lap? 

Or go outside

With the youngest roster in football learning on the job.  Thats been the plan and because you dont know the players, it doesnt make them a roster of 3rd stringers.

I'd play any one of the "3rd stringers" who replaced Darnold, Adams and Leo.   And better yet, I'd bet the Seahawks, Panthers and Giants would trade each back for their draft picks and be better off

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Sympathy 1

You guys and you know who your are SAR1 and Little Kevvy....

You crack me up with your negativity all the time... I do get it, but it wears old without even giving this new regime a chance. Does anyone really know what it's going to be like in the next few years... NO would be the answer to that question, however you guys continually bash JD and whomever you feel like to complete your narratives.

Some of us are willing to wait a bit longer to see if we have exactly what some of us have been clamoring for in a GM and HC. We don't know that yet. There are some tendencies that are favorable, and some not, but to completely dismiss them at this point in time is just plain childish...

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

25 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Depends on the person. Some people just want to get paid. Others wanna get paid but also take pride in there work whatever it maybe. So yes they all got paid and that’s probably the main objective. But I find it hard to believe that Sam’s ok with just getting paid. Probably Leo also. Addams on the other hand is a legend in his own mind. He’s good. Definitely came out a winner according to his goals 

6 minutes ago, 68JET11 said:

You crack me up with your negativity all the time... I do get it, but it wears old without even giving this new regime a chance. Does anyone really know what it's going to be like in the next few years... NO would be the answer to that question, however you guys continually bash JD and whomever you feel like to complete your narratives.

Some of us are willing to wait a bit longer to see if we have exactly what some of us have been clamoring for in a GM and HC. We don't know that yet. There are some tendencies that are favorable, and some not, but to completely dismiss them at this point in time is just plain childish...

So we have to be optimistic about an unknown? Why?

When it comes to Jets, assuming failure until proven otherwise is a much healthier mindset.

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

There was a game a couple weeks ago where JA absolutely leveled a teammate in that one too.

It’s just odd how all aspects  of his game have slowed down and his timing be it making a hit or making a play on the ball are simply not there. Honestly I wonder if after getting hurt last season and getting paid this system if he hasn’t honestly mentally moved on. It’s at the point we’re he is kinda ruining the whole root against him thing for me. Least he can do is average more than one tackle a quarter to make it fun again. Geesh.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

100% my point in above post. He’s simply not trying. He runs his mouth and is not even making an effort. He looks like he’s afraid to engage because doesn’t want to het hurt. He used to run his mouth and use every ounce of his energy and bring to prove it. Kinda what got him his money. It’s has to be a combination of getting paid and not wanting to get hurt. It’s getting a little  sad at this point and slowly ruining it for me. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, jgb said:

So we have to be optimistic about an unknown? Why?

When it comes to Jets, assuming failure until proven otherwise is a much healthier mindset.

Because that's what fans usually do... For all of us old farts, and I don't know how old you are, but I get why some would be the glass half empty folks. I've been more than I can say with this team, however I'm giving this duo a chance.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, 68JET11 said:

Are you freaking kidding me. What is this, year 5 of this most recent rebuild?

Yes,  JD has done good things but he has made a bunch of mistakes. There is no way a second round pick should be a healthy scratch twice in his second year and only played in the last two games because we needed more WR to dress. Taking huge OL that rely on their agility and quick feet is risky and it hasn't worked out. Becton keeps getting hurt while Wirfs is becoming the NFL's best RT. As far as this draft class, I don't  know what to think. The DB's look ok but not great, Carter might become a good back but I don't  see him as a 3 down guy so we still need more help there, and Moore and Zack have just not been good. Of course there is time for everyone, It is what we have been saying for the last 5 years. 

And I am sure the posters here who where green tinted sunglasses and want to tell you it is all rainbows and sunshine are going to down vote this post. That is fine with me. Under JD, the Jets have been at the bottom of the league. Our QB is ranked 31st last time I looked and can't complete a 10 yard pass but things are looking up. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Are you freaking kidding me. What is this, year 5 of this most recent rebuild?

Yes,  JD has done good things but he has made a bunch of mistakes. There is no way a second round pick should be a healthy scratch twice in his second year and only played in the last two games because we needed more WR to dress. Taking huge OL that rely on their agility and quick feet is risky and it hasn't worked out. Becton keeps getting hurt while Wirfs is becoming the NFL's best RT. As far as this draft class, I don't  know what to think. The DB's look ok but not great, Carter might become a good back but I don't  see him as a 3 down guy so we still need more help there, and Moore and Zack have just not been good. Of course there is time for everyone, It is what we have been saying for the last 5 years. 

And I am sure the posters here who where green tinted sunglasses and want to tell you it is all rainbows and sunshine are going to down vote this post. That is fine with me. Under JD, the Jets have been at the bottom of the league. Our QB is ranked 31st last time I looked and can't complete a 10 yard pass but things are looking up. 

Not kidding you.... You can get all bent out of shape, it's your choice. 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, 68JET11 said:

Because that's what fans usually do... For all of us old farts, and I don't know how old you are, but I get why some would be the glass half empty folks. I've been more than I can say with this team, however I'm giving this duo a chance.

I'm giving them a chance too, just skeptical. For what it's worth I don't apply max skepticism universally. For me level of confidence (from most to least): Saleh > JD > Wilson.

Was never a Wilson fan coming out at all. However, I sure hope to be proven wrong.

29 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

Depends on the person. Some people just want to get paid. Others wanna get paid but also take pride in there work whatever it maybe. So yes they all got paid and that’s probably the main objective. But I find it hard to believe that Sam’s ok with just getting paid. Probably Leo also. Addams on the other hand is a legend in his own mind. He’s good. Definitely came out a winner according to his goals 

I think the getting paid part is just the icing on the cake of getting away from the Jets, which is the real victory. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

He s a living, breathing case study for why one shouldn’t brag about themselves. 

His latency in live play is very obvious. I’m astonished by it.

Exactly! I went back and watched some of his earlier stuff with us and he was literally a step to step and a half in front of most plays. It’s what made him the guy that everyone take notice of, besides  his histrionics of course.

It’s just bizarre and honestly my big fat empathetic bacon brain is starting to feel kinda bad for him, like maybe something is wrong with him. I’m likely retiring from the Jamal fall from grace society. With a fat cholesterol engorged heavy heart of course. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Think of it another way. At least  the next GM isn’t saddled  down with all those contracts on underperforming players. He won’t have to unload them, so unlike Joe Douglas he could actually finish his copy of “ Drafting for Dummies” before his first draft. 

I am tired of rooting for losing, following the worst teams in the league because they can improve our draft position, high-fiving as we dump our best players, pretending to get excited for the draft, and cheering for bust college kids who never amount to anything.

I would like to see something that resembles football.  You know, an actual sport.  Somehow, I've gotten tricked into rooting for roster construction.  The fact that the Jets have turned our favorite pastime into a human meat market combined with spreadsheet accounting is exactly why I'm turned off to the sport.  This used to be fun.  Now it's just work.  Boring work.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I think the getting paid part is just the icing on the cake of getting away from the Jets, which is the real victory. 

It actually works out for both sides. Except Robby, wished we could have kept him. Like that kid, got himself in some early troubles and the last few interviews I’ve seen of him he was obviously trying to improve himself as a man and a player. 

Just bad luck to get away from Jets and have Sam follow you. He’s the one guy if we kept may have really helped Zach come around. He could actually run past guys and likely get open enough for Zach’s hero ball. Only one of any of them I miss or think they could help is at this point. 

Just now, SAR I said:

I am tired of rooting for losing, following the worst teams in the league because they can improve our draft position, high-fiving as we dump our best players, pretending to get excited for the draft, and cheering for bust college kids who never amount to anything.

I would like to see something that resembles football.  You know, an actual sport.  Somehow, I've gotten tricked into rooting for roster construction.  The fact that the Jets have turned our favorite pastime into a human meat market combined with spreadsheet accounting is exactly why I'm turned off to the sport.  This used to be fun.  Now it's just work.  Boring work.

SAR I

Ok, stop rooting for the team to lose because our draft position is irrelevant with Joe Douglas drafting. At least up to this point. 

If you think paying Leo, Adams and Darnold to keep them here would some how make them play better here than where they are then it might be time for a new hobby. They all went to better teams, Leo might be a lateral move but Sam and Adams went to pretty solid squads. Seattle was a perennial play off team before this year. 

Id rather root for bust college kids with the hope that one of them may hit or at least they leave so we can try again. Paying one year wonders and sandbaggers huge contracts to play below average has not and will never work for us. At least this way we may eventually get some guys in here that can play and deserve to get paid when we eventually move on from JD. Rather the next guy not be strapped with 100 million dollars of contracts for guys that don’t produce, great teams don’t do that and though  I can only realistically hope for mediocre for this team, it’s a philosophy that seems to work. 

100% agree with that last sentiment. This team is literally federal penitentiary workhouse labor to root for. I also understand you commit to this team at a higher level than I could ever as far as time, resources and money. You have every right to feel that way, yet paying those guys we let go, believe it or not would have made it worse. It’s hard to believe but it right now but if JD could leave us a clean slate then the maybe we can skip the year or so purging of unearned contract and possibly do a 1 to 2 year turn around as opposed to the purgatory rebuild we’ve been locked in for a decade. Love you bro! 

• Sympathy 1