Leonard Williams, Sam Darnold, Jamal Adams- thank god

7 hours ago, BP said:

Darnold and Adams, yes.

I blame Williams on Bowles 1) not being able to develop him and 2)the embarrassing way Bowles let Wilkerson and Richardson get away with missing team meetings and practices and their punishment was sitting out the first play of the game.

Williams has just 3 sacks, 2 QB Knockdowns and 2 QB Hurries in 6 games this season.  He's not exactly lighting things up for the 1-5 Giants.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

As someone who remained optimistic about Darnold for two years I'm considerably more worried about Wilson after five starts.

I feel oddly similar about both. For different reasons, but I think the overall picture is comparable. For both guys I think bad situations can lead to bad habits and loss of confidence.

There’s maybe a chance to fix the situation around Wilson faster than they did for Darnold. But I didn’t think playing a rookie QB on this team was a good idea and, while there’s time to turn things around I suppose, I haven’t seen anything that tells me that was wrong yet.

2 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

It's interesting to me how much media attention Sam Darnold gets when he's 3-0 and the stats look great. "what an indictment of the Jets!"

When he's 0-3 and looking awful... Crickets.

Exactly.  That same crew that was crowing about Darnold earlier in the season are now either silent or saying "Why do you guys care so much about ex-Jets???"

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

yep and thing is those were about the only good players that mac drafted in all his time as gm.  i suppose we have to include maye and qwill but it's plenty clear mac did very little.  douglas is doing a much better job of getting the talent back in.

Darnold was never good.  But yes, Adams, Leonard Williams, QW and Maye are arguably his only "hits" in 5 years.  Though Leo is questionable.  And not one of them plays a premium position.  

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Williams has just 3 sacks, 2 QB Knockdowns and 2 QB Hurries in 6 games this season.  He's not exactly lighting things up for the 1-5 Giants.

You are a prospect killer. Did you get sexually aroused seeing Darnold flounder?

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, rangerous said:

yep and thing is those were about the only good players that mac drafted in all his time as gm.  i suppose we have to include maye and qwill but it's plenty clear mac did very little.  douglas is doing a much better job of getting the talent back in.

JD: "I can make a team suck with or without you guys"

• Haha 1

Here's what I don't get.  That somehow perceived personality is more important to the NFL production crew/media than actual talent or play on the field.

My question isn't how many times they cut to "Prez" pacing the sideline while the offense was on the field, how many times they continously cut to a close up of Adams when he wasn't anywhere near involved in the play, why they constantly focus on him pre-snap where he's lines up and where he possibly could impact a play or after the play when he was 10-15 yards off the ball.

My question is WHY?!? 

I know, as Jet fans we like dumping on the guy but it's clear, he's really not that good at the football and certainly is no where near "the best in the NATION".

Why is this guy constantly shoved down our throats by the TV dudes and media (and why is Collingsworth such a tool that he's constantly pimping the dude when he's actually missing tackles or INTs or not making any impact on the game--other than having a negative impact for the Hawks)?

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, longsuffering88 said:

Yes

we are better off

Next stupid question is yours

Look at our record and telL me if we’ve gotten better. Point being: stop washing JDs ball until his team can actually win a meaningful game in November, let alone December. Being 1-7 or 0-8, we have nothing to play for by the end of October and it’s year 3. So again, are we really better off under JD? We have QB who’s on pace to break the most ints for a QB since Testaverde’s 35 ints in 1988 (a completely different era). Our run game is non existent. Our WRs are suffering and weren’t even average to begin with. We don’t have an NFL TE. The defense is good in general but it’s not the “DWC” type defense. The Titans win was a complete shocker and an outlier. We aren’t going to win more than 3 games this year and I’d love to eat a bunch of crow on that. That would mark 3 remarkably miserable Jets seasons under JD the great. 

Again, HOW are we better under JD?

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, The Crusher said:

You know be by now. I love breaking balls, but eventually my empathy shows up. Like its ok to make fun of the booger nose kid for a day or two but after a week you actually end up defending him. 

We are clones. You’re just sexier.

1 hour ago, Rhg1084 said:

Rhule looking to do whatever he can to get the ball outta Sams hands 

Yup.  Cuz that's a smart allocation of resources.  Trade a 2 & a 4 and hand a 5th-year option to a QB who 6 weeks in is now going to be a handoff/captain checkdown machine.  Good work, Rhule!

It's a real shame, because I think he and Joe Brady are solid coaches.  They simply got duped by Mr. "Flashes" and it may well get Rhule fired.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

I'm not one for celebrating the struggles of our former players, usually. 

Darnold and Leo handled their tenure with grace and were good guys. Not gonna go crazy rooting for them, but not gonna root against them. Same goes for just about every guy to leave our team. I wish them well.

F*ck Jamal though. The glorified box safety with two interceptions to his name completely burned every bridge on his way out. Talked bad about everyone, kept publicly slighting our Org, and at one point called Jets fans racist. Lets not forget his cigar dancing videos either. A hugely inflated ego that was equal levels douchey and obnoxious.

I will gladly point and laugh at all of his hiccups unlike any former player.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Grandy said:

I'm not one for celebrating the struggles of our former players, usually. 

Darnold and Leo handled their tenure with grace and were good guys. Not gonna go crazy rooting for them, but not gonna root against them. Same goes for just about every guy to leave our team. I wish them well.

F*ck Jamal though. The glorified box safety with two interceptions to his name completely burned every bridge on his way out. Talked bad about everyone, kept publicly slighting our Org, and at one point called Jets fans racist. Lets not forget his cigar dancing videos either. A hugely inflated ego that was equal levels douchey and obnoxious.

I will gladly point and laugh at all of his hiccups unlike any former player.

I agree, I don't have much against Leo, and nothing against Sam.  He was completely professional the entire time he was here, and after he was traded.  I wish both of them nothing but the best.  

Jamal on the other hand is just a diva who has a massive ego, well above his skills.  I mentioned it on Reddit, but I see him very similar to Stephon Marbury.  On a team where he's the star and results don't really matter, he'll look like a superstar.  When he has to be a cog, he looks selfish because he cares too much about his perception.  Marbury wanted out from the Timberwolves because he wanted to have a bigger image, and pretty much never won anything afterwards because he was jealous of Garnett.  

Every time I see a Seahawks game, I look out for Jamal, and after the play, always yelling at someone or touting his own horn.  

• Upvote 1

On 10/18/2021 at 4:35 PM, Peace Frog said:

Here's what I don't get.  That somehow perceived personality is more important to the NFL production crew/media than actual talent or play on the field.

My question isn't how many times they cut to "Prez" pacing the sideline while the offense was on the field, how many times they continously cut to a close up of Adams when he wasn't anywhere near involved in the play, why they constantly focus on him pre-snap where he's lines up and where he possibly could impact a play or after the play when he was 10-15 yards off the ball.

My question is WHY?!? 

For the same reason people watch NASCAR. They're waiting for a wreck, and they love other people's misery as it makes theirs seem less important.