Week 7: NE week updates

Lith

2 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

It’s pathetic that saleh is reduced to complementing moore by saying he’s affecting the game.  Mims catches passes, moore is ‘affecting the game’

Agreed. He’s hauled in 8-20 targets. Not good by anyone’s standards. Don’t piss on my head and tell me it’s raining. Put the kid in the slot and be done with it already. He may be a weapon in time- but right now he’s not. End of story.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Forcing a DB to commit PI for a 50 yard penalty is definitely affecting the game. I think his point is just that not everything in football can be explained w/a stat sheet.

The problem is that saleh has been talking moore up since training camp started and he’s sucked.  And aside from one PI call, moore really hasn’t impacted any game at all.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

The problem is that saleh has been talking moore up since training camp started and he’s sucked.  And aside from one PI call, moore really hasn’t impacted any game at all.

Can't say that I've been impressed with him. I don't watch the all-22 or know the play calls either - who knows if he's impacting coverages or making good blocks or opening up other receivers with chips or whatever. There's a lot that can go on that doesn't get covered by the broadcast or the stats.

Hard for me as a casual observer to see him making much of an impact other than dropping passes though.

1 hour ago, David Harris said:

I wonder, I just wonder - two things.

If they do in fact do see Moore as the next Antonio Brown, a little guy who can excel outside.  However that is a tough ask for a rookie wideout with a rookie QB who apparently doesn't see short people very well unless they are in the slot.

Next I wonder if the team is trying to highlight Crowder in the slot before the trade deadline.  I doubt it but it's a possibility.  Sorta like the NBA where you show off a trade piece to maximize his value.   We really need to get Moore in the slot and Mims starting on the outside.  Trading Crowder helps get us there.

Enough of this BS for a million draft picks. We trade Crowder and Maye and it has to be in return for a TE and RG that can be starters and therefore upgrades over what we have there. Getting even up to 3rd/4th round draft picks doesn't guarantee that those positions can be filled with starters anytime soon, and Crowder and Maye are our vets that should be somewhat costly to other teams that need them for a run this year, or at least an equitable trade starter for starters, or at least backups that are starting material. Otherwise, hold these 2 for the season and let them walk after that in FA and the comp picks could be a few 3rd/4th rounders. These guys can help this team to get better this year maybe even with the identity/culture(So long as Maye is not continuing to audition for the next Death Race movie) which is more valuable right now then some mid-round draft picks.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Gibby said:

Agreed. He’s hauled in 8-20 targets. Not good by anyone’s standards. Don’t piss on my head and tell me it’s raining. Put the kid in the slot and be done with it already. He may be a weapon in time- but right now he’s not. End of story.

are you saying wilsons int in the atlanta game was a target to moore?  that ball was at least 2 or 3 yards beyond moore's reach.

18 minutes ago, rangerous said:

are you saying wilsons int in the atlanta game was a target to moore?  that ball was at least 2 or 3 yards beyond moore's reach.

I think they waiting until the trading deadline to move Maye and Crowder. At that point, they then put Mooe in the slot. Davis has aleady seen considerable play time and would take over permantently once Maye is traded. Thats what I'd do. Picks picks picks picks - collateral to move up up up in the draft.

• Upvote 2