Week 7: NE week updates

Lith

1 hour ago, Maynard13 said:

I think they waiting until the trading deadline to move Maye and Crowder. At that point, they then put Mooe in the slot. Davis has aleady seen considerable play time and would take over permantently once Maye is traded. Thats what I'd do. Picks picks picks picks - collateral to move up up up in the draft.

I'd rather keep both for the rest of the season if the offers are high picks like I'd expect.  

4 hours ago, UnknownJetFan said:

Enough of this BS for a million draft picks. We trade Crowder and Maye and it has to be in return for a TE and RG that can be starters and therefore upgrades over what we have there. Getting even up to 3rd/4th round draft picks doesn't guarantee that those positions can be filled with starters anytime soon, and Crowder and Maye are our vets that should be somewhat costly to other teams that need them for a run this year, or at least an equitable trade starter for starters, or at least backups that are starting material. Otherwise, hold these 2 for the season and let them walk after that in FA and the comp picks could be a few 3rd/4th rounders. These guys can help this team to get better this year maybe even with the identity/culture(So long as Maye is not continuing to audition for the next Death Race movie) which is more valuable right now then some mid-round draft picks.

if the trade comp is the same now as the comp at the end of the year then these 2 are gone.

Crowder and Maye are not going to be here next year. we need the young guys like Moore, Ashton Davis and Sherwood to play. we need to see if these guys can play or we need to find others who can. 

we are not going to win many games this year. we cant waste it on playing guys who wont be here and let guys that will sit the bench.

and i doubt Crowder and Maye will be good soldiers and lose there starting jobs cause we want to see the young guys. which BTW Crowder and Mims arent old at 27? 

43 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Its crazy how few people understand this.  It not Lafleur, its not Moore, its not saleh etc,  The qb has been dreadful.  All of this is solely on Zach Wilson.  And that is ok becasue he is learning on the fly.  

Hopefully he will come around soon and then we can talk about how great lafleur and moore are.

Now I'm not saying you are far off the mark but do you think the offensive play calling to this point has facilitated Zach by playing towards his strengths? With consideration to how the Ravens, Pats and Bills intially handled their qbs.

21 minutes ago, yvj said:

Now I'm not saying you are far off the mark but do you think the offensive play calling to this point has facilitated Zach by playing towards his strengths? With consideration to how the Ravens, Pats and Bills intially handled their qbs.

I'm not sure if there is route running mistakes or poor design, but there are spacing issues.  I don't think I like the new wrinkles to the Jets version of the offense, but I feel like I need to wait for week 10 to see.  

11 hours ago, doitny said:

we need the young guys like Moore, Ashton Davis and Sherwood to play. we need to see if these guys can play or we need to find others who can. 

Yep, Yep, and did I say YEP !!!!!

I'm all for playing all the young guys on this team. Only way to tell if JD is more than adequate or sucks at drafting and player evaluations.

• Upvote 4

22 hours ago, Lith said:

They had a real win against the Texans sandwiched between those two moral victories.

If you mean coming from 13 behind in the third a real win, sure.

Most of the Patriots points were on short drives.  If Zach is better and the Patriots continue to protect Mac as well as Lincoln in the Ford Theater, it should be a, decent is not the word, closer.

4 minutes ago, PFSIKH said:

If you mean coming from 13 behind in the third a real win, sure.

Most of the Patriots points were on short drives.  If Zach is better and the Patriots continue to protect Mac as well as Lincoln in the Ford Theater, it should be a, decent is not the word, closer.

When you end the game with more points than the other team, that is a real win.  Does not matter how you got there or who you played.  I would like to experience a few more of those this season.

• Upvote 3

I thought this was an interesting article. However, I disagree with a conclusion that max protect is a way to beat the Pats. Belichick anticipated Max protect from the Jets and just dropped 7 into coverage with 2 high safeties. The Jets sent 3 WRs against 7 defenders and Wilson pressed. Spread the defense out and find mismatches for quick wins.

On 10/18/2021 at 1:49 PM, Augustiniak said:

The problem is that saleh has been talking moore up since training camp started and he’s sucked.  And aside from one PI call, moore really hasn’t impacted any game at all.

I'm still trying to decide if Moore is not being used properly, which means being put in as just a slot receiver?  Or, is it that he just has sucked, as you say?

Either way, for Saleh to suggest that Moore is "affecting" the game, it tells me that Saleh is taking lessons from coach Gase, on how to lie through your teeth to the press and to Jets fans.

How about saying this: "We have struggled to get Moore more involved in the offense, and we are making adjustments to actively try to get him more involved."  Then I would add:  "Moore has been nothing short of a true professional since the beginning of training camp, and I know that he is anxious to succeed in getting the ball more, and becoming a bigger part of this offense".

How about saying that, then treating Jets fans like we are morons?

• Upvote 1

On 10/19/2021 at 8:36 AM, Lith said:

When you end the game with more points than the other team, that is a real win.  Does not matter how you got there or who you played.  I would like to experience a few more of those this season.

True.

When you are following the score on the ticker and you utter WTF every couple of minutes when your team is getting torched by Mills and losing to a dumpster fire...some Ws are not equal.  

I remember the year we had beat the pats in game one of the series and I was and was all excited about game two.  I was flying home from somewhere or other and just got to a stop over city for a couple hour lay over and I rushed to a lounge to watch the game.

They beat us 45-3

Luckily that was also the year we beat them in the playoffs a few weeks later.

Funny thing about that playoff win, the play that sticks out in my mind is David Harris picking brady off and seemingly having a walk into the endzone and he let fat 270 pound alge crumpler run him down.  Never seen a guy run slower with a football in his hands.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I remember the year we had beat the pats in game one of the series and I was and was all excited about game two.  I was flying home from somewhere or other and just got to a stop over city for a couple hour lay over and I rushed to a lounge to watch the game.

They beat us 45-3

Luckily that was also the year we beat them in the playoffs a few weeks later.

Funny thing about that playoff win, the play that sticks out in my mind is David Harris picking brady off and seemingly having a walk into the endzone and he let fat 270 pound alge crumpler run him down.  Never seen a guy run slower with a football in his hands.

Yup.  Crumpler ran down Harris, and if memory serves, Nick Folk wound up missing the FG.  Great play by Harris and we came away with nothing.  Thought it was going to be just another NE beatdown at that point.  But we turned it around, and have suffered almost nothing but NE beatdowns ever since.

I would love to find a way to win this game.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Lith said:

Yup.  Crumpler ran down Harris, and if memory serves, Nick Folk wound up missing the FG.  Great play by Harris and we came away with nothing.  Thought it was going to be just another NE beatdown at that point.  But we turned it around, and have suffered almost nothing but NE beatdowns ever since.

I would love to find a way to win this game.

Yep. When Folk missed, I thought we had no chance. 

• Upvote 1