Week 7: NE week updates

Lith

On 10/18/2021 at 10:39 AM, BP said:

Looks like another great week of practice is in store. Lol he’s being too politically correct and always positive and that’s gonna get old unless he starts winning some games.

It already is... ST*U and get the team ready to play competitive FB for 60 minutes and maybe just maybe, you'll win a few games. 

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Lith said:

This is pretty funny.  May just be coincidence, or maybe Woody was listening.

I hate the white on green look. Easily my least favorite of our uni combos. I like green on green, white on white, and the black (my fave - sue me). White on green is trash. 

3 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Why would they do that? It is what they have tried at the beginning of almost every game and it has failed miserably.

Does this 'almost every game' include the game where zach threw 4 ints? 

• Haha 1

I'll post this here instead of a new thread.

Does a win against the Patriots change your outlook for this team? I don't mean a missed FG at the end of the game victory. I'm talking about the kind of win that we remember for many years. For me, it does. I really don't care that this Patriots team is a shell of their former self. They are still the Patriots and they are still coached by a scumbag. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Does a win against the Patriots change your outlook for this team? I don't mean a missed FG at the end of the game victory. I'm talking about the kind of win that we remember for many years. For me, it does. I really don't care that this Patriots team is a shell of their former self. They are still the Patriots and they are still coached by a scumbag. 

For me, no.   It would need to be a victory when they were at the height of their powers with Brady and the rest.  Now it's just two awful teams with one being marginally better.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

I don't think a win changes my outlook for this team.  Don't get me wrong, I would love to see them win the game on Sunday, but I would need to see them string together a few good competitive games (not necessarily all wins) in order to begin to believe we are on the right track. 

One win is not going to do it.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

I think a lot will depend on how ZW plays in the win. 

If he goes for 300+ and the Jets put up 30 points - and he looks solid (even if not spectacular) I will feel very good about this team going forward.

If it happens with Mac Jones throwing 3 int's and ZW doesn't look better, than no.

• Upvote 3

Just now, FidelioJet said:

I think a lot will depend on how ZW plays in the win. 

If he goes for 300+ and the Jets put up 30 points - and he looks solid (even if not spectacular) I will feel very good about this team going forward.

If it happens with Mac Jones throwing 3 int's and ZW doesn't look better, than no.

I'm talking about scoring on the first drive, or in the first quarter, at the least. I'm talking about Zach Wilson improving on high percentage passes, throwing the ball away, avoiding bad sacks, and showing general progress from games 1 through 4. I'm talking about the defense getting off the field with forced fumbles or interceptions. The whole shebang. 

I agree that if they simply win because the Patriots suck, I will feel marginally better just from winning, or not losing.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Lith said:

I don't think a win changes my outlook for this team.  Don't get me wrong, I would love to see them win the game on Sunday, but I would need to see them string together a few good competitive games (not necessarily all wins) in order to begin to believe we are on the right track. 

One win is not going to do it.

I honestly don't think that's going to happen this year....

I think we'll be a 2 small steps forward, 1 step back kinda team...But as long as we're seeing progress from the 1st and 2nd year guys and specifically our QB I'll be satisfied.

But yes, toward the end of the year I would absolutely expect to be competitive most weeks (with a clunker mixed in)

9 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

It depends on how competent the offense performs including ZW.

I’m going to be a homer and predict the Jets win this game. The Pats aren’t great, Mac Jones is already playing close to his potential, and the Jets Oline is playing much better than the first game. It all comes down to whether LaFleur has learned enough in play calling and the offense executes the plays better. I have to believe the bye week has given ZW time to fix some of the issues he’s dealing with. If not, we are in for a long season.

8 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I honestly don't think that's going to happen this year....

I think we'll be a 2 small steps forward, 1 step back kinda team...But as long as we're seeing progress from the 1st and 2nd year guys and specifically our QB I'll be satisfied.

But yes, toward the end of the year I would absolutely expect to be competitive most weeks (with a clunker mixed in)

I don't necessarily disagree,  I have not bought into this team yet, and it will take more than a single solid outing for me to believe.  So far this season, they have played two solid halves, out of ten.  Will take more than a single game for me to believe that they may be turning a corner.  But you are right, it does not have to be 3 or 4 strung together.  Two or three solid games with one stinker mixed in would be progress.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Yeah, I call BS on that.

Agents don't say sh*t like that without their clients approval.  If they did, I would think, they would be fired on the spot and never get another client.

Yeah, I'm not buying it either. No way an agent says that kind of thing without his client approving it.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Lith said:

I am starting a kickstarter to produce a game. The premise is that there will be cards with quotes by Jets QBs following a loss. Players try to match the quote with who spoke it. Only for those who like a challenge.

• Haha 1