Best bye week ever?

AFJF

Yep NE lost, but all of a sudden they are talking about the moral victory of almost beating the Cowboys and how if a few things bounce their way (or more their way), they would be 4-2 instead of 2-4. Also talking about how they will right the ship and fix the home loss (0-4) problem as they are playing the lowly Jets. Got to love it - a team that is sucking and has only beaten the lowly Jets and Houston (who blocked their own punt) probably shouldn't be mocking other teams.

And, how has this team played 4 home games already with another home game next week? It is almost as if the NFL is trying to help them start strong - crazy...

• Upvote 4

27 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

Yep NE lost, but all of a sudden they are talking about the moral victory of almost beating the Cowboys and how if a few things bounce their way (or more their way), they would be 4-2 instead of 2-4. Also talking about how they will right the ship and fix the home loss (0-4) problem as they are playing the lowly Jets. Got to love it - a team that is sucking and has only beaten the lowly Jets and Houston (who blocked their own punt) probably shouldn't be mocking other teams.

And, how has this team played 4 home games already with another home game next week? It is almost as if the NFL is trying to help them start strong - crazy...

Yea, the Pats were super lucky to beat Houston and had no right winning the Dallas game (totally dominated from the LOS). They definitely could have beaten Miami or TB, though. 

I think them overlooking us is exactly what this team needs. Not likely with their HC, however. 

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Lith said:

Agreed.   A lot went right for us Sunday.  Seattle and Carolina losing, improves our draft position (without need for tank).  We moved out of last place with the Fins loss.  NE lost, so we could pass them in the standings with a win next week.  But I really want the best Sundays of football season to be weeks where we actually play football.  Have not been too many of those in recent memory.

When Gase promised "meaningful games in December" I didn't realize he was talking about meaningful for draft slot.

• Haha 3

33 minutes ago, jgb said:

When Gase promised "meaningful games in December" I didn't realize he was talking about meaningful for draft slot.

Some of the games were meaningful for our opponents.  We lost to the Seahawks and beat the Rams last year in December.  Had it been the other way around, LA may have won that Division. 

Meaningful football in December.

• Haha 2

When Wilson comes back Seattle will start winning some games.  It is imperative that they do not make the playoffs otherwise their regular season record goes out the window regarding our draft position as every playoff team gets slotted AFTER playoff teams. 

Playoffs are now expanded to 14 teams, 7 NFC teams.  The Seahawks won't win their division but they will be fighting for 3 Wildcard slots based on their final records.  

This is the current playoff picture:

2021 NFL Playoff Picture | NFL Playoffs | NFL.com

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, David Harris said:

When Wilson comes back Seattle will start winning some games.  It is imperative that they do not make the playoffs otherwise their regular season record goes out the window regarding our draft position as every playoff team gets slotted AFTER playoff teams. 

Playoffs are now expanded to 14 teams, 7 NFC teams.  The Seahawks won't win their division but they will be fighting for 3 Wildcard slots based on their final records.  

Why? Seattle wasn't really winning games with him. Seattle sucks and their defense is among the worst ever. Plus everyone assumes he will be back in 4 weeks when mallet finger usually takes MUCH longer than that. Even when he comes back early he will not throw as well.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

23 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Doubt it. He could be out another 3-4 weeks. A top 15 pick from them is likely. 3 of their next 4 games are against the Saints, Packers, and Cardinals and they could be 3-7 by then. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

3 hours ago, Lith said:

Agreed.   A lot went right for us Sunday.  Seattle and Carolina losing, improves our draft position (without need for tank).  We moved out of last place with the Fins loss.  NE lost, so we could pass them in the standings with a win next week.  But I really want the best Sundays of football season to be weeks where we actually play football.  Have not been too many of those in recent memory.

I’m not sure our draft position matters at this point with Sleepy Joe. Dude hits draft picks like I hit lottery tickets. 

• Haha 2

Patriots 5 home games of first 7 is truly outrageous.  the last few years we seem to have 2 of our first 6 games home and make it back up in december.  not only does that suck for a strong start and resulting confidence/momentum but as fans in the NE Sept/Oct games are far more enjoyable than having 4 games in Dec/Jan.   

2 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Yea, the Pats were super lucky to beat Houston and had no right winning the Dallas game (totally dominated from the LOS). They definitely could have beaten Miami or TB, though. 

I think them overlooking us is exactly what this team needs. Not likely with their HC, however. 

Honestly, they suck. Not that any Jets fan should be casting stones, per se, but we outgained them on a yards per play basis Week 2.

1. Lost to an awful 1-5 Dolphins team

2. Beat an awful Jets team despite being outgained YPP

3.  Lost badly to the Saints

4. Hung tough with the Bucs, a legit Super Bowl contender

5. Barely beat a dreadful Texans team

6. Lost to a Cowboys team who badly outgained them.

The only game this season where they looked remotely impressive was against Brady which was clearly their "all in" Super Bowl type game, and I'm sure BB had wrinkles for Brady up his sleeve from decades of watching him.

They'll probably kick our ass again because Belichick owns us (and rookie QBs) but they are not a good team. We should be able to beat these guys.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, David Harris said:

They're 2-4 and have the Saints, Packers and Cardinals in three of the next four weeks.

I don't think we need to worry about them making the playoffs. They might be the worst team in that division even with Russ.

3 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I’m not sure our draft position matters at this point with Sleepy Joe. Dude hits draft picks like I hit lottery tickets. 

Not true. Bechton, Mims, Hall, Mann were not bad picks, and Huff as a UDFA was solid. Davis and Cameron Clark get incompletes. Jury still out on 2021 draft but it could be very good, just too early to tell. Wilson, AVT, Moore, Carter, Carter II, Echols could all be solid contributors. 

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Why? Seattle wasn't really winning games with him. Seattle sucks and their defense is among the worst ever. Plus everyone assumes he will be back in 4 weeks when mallet finger usually takes MUCH longer than that. Even when he comes back early he will not throw as well.

Hope you’re right.  Not sure if counter intuitively the surgery he got may actually shorten the high end 8 week splint time because there’s a pin in there now, I think (?) this may actually decrease the amount of time he needs to be splinted.

7 hours ago, bostonmajet said:

Unfortunately we do seem to be a “get right” team but I would love for us to get revenge

7 hours ago, doitny said:

i see you been hanging around Sar again. 

Well we all have but I do try to make my own opinions. Yet, I’m not going to make believe I’ve been happy with JD’s drafting because I simply haven’t been. Yet, I’ve given him credit for a lot of the things he’s done we’ll. I don’t lessen his positive moves to push the narrative that he must go but that also doesn’t change that both of his drafts have sorta blown. 

I think he has done masterfully getting rid of the players SAR I call the playmakers. I’ve repeated numerous times that the so called  playmaker that JD got rid up have done nothing since they left but get paid like a playmaker. 

He’s brought in some nice FA pieces. Missed on a few but I’ll say at this point he added some nice pieces. Fant, Moses, Williams along with few others. 

I think letting a rookie coach, pick his brothers best friend at OC who has never installed a offense or called a play in the NFL was a huge oversight. Then try and install a very complicated system with a rookie QB who was always going to a project at the level was a huge oversight. Yet, let’s say so far, seasons not over. 

His drafting just honestly concerns me to this point, as of now AVT seems to be honestly the only first round homer he’s hit. Becton has potential but early returns are cautiously  hopeful at best. Zach? currently worst QB in league but it’s way early yet like I said before the structure he is in with the Baby Boy coaching staff concerns me. His 2nd and 3rd round picks are literally all questionable right now. Moore has had a slow start but I’m ok with putting that on the system and Zach’s struggles. Mims? All I have to say to that is FREE DENZEL!  Bryce Hall can turn out to be a monster as a fifth rounder and certainly a few of his later picks in the later round have shown some potential. 

So yea, I read SAR stuff everyday and if you actually paid attention I typically give him counter points to a lot  of his extreme overhyped poorly thought out views. Kinda my thing as of late, I’m also kinda hurt you haven’t notice. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Well we all have but I do try to make my own opinions. Yet, I’m not going to make believe I’ve been happy with JD’s drafting because I simply haven’t been. Yet, I’ve given him credit for a lot of the things he’s done we’ll. I don’t lessen his positive moves to push the narrative that he must go but that also doesn’t change that both of his drafts have sorta blown. 

I think he has done masterfully getting rid of the players SAR I call the playmakers. I’ve repeated numerous times that the so called  playmaker that JD got rid up have done nothing since they left put get paid like a playmaker. 

He’s brought in some nice FA pieces. Missed on a few but I’ll say at this point he added some nice pieces. Fant, Moses, Williams along with few others. 

I think letting a rookie coach, pick his brothers best friend at OC who has never installed a offense or called a play in the NFL was a huge oversight. Then try and install a very complicated system with a rookie QB who was ahways going to a project at the level was a huge oversight. Yet, let’s say so far, seasons not over. 

His drafting just honestly concerns me to this point, As if now AVT seems to be the honestly the only first round homer I’m he’s hit. Becton has potential but early returns are cautiously  hopeful at best. Zach? currently worst QB in league but it’s way early yet like I said before the structure he is in with the Baby Boy coaching staff concerns me. His 2nd and 3rd round picks are literally all questionable right now. Moore has had a slow start but I’m ok with putting that in the system and Zach’s struggles. Mims? All I have to say to that is FREE DENZEL!  Bryce Hall can turn out to be a monster if a third rounder and certainly a few of his later picks in the layer round have shown some potential. 

So yea, I read SAR I stuff everyday and if you actually paid attention I typically give him counter points to a lot  of his extreme overhyped poorly thought out views. Kinda my thing as if Kate, I’m also kinda hurt you haven’t notice. 

nah i notice your replies to him. i was just kinda shocked with the draft remarks. Sar I started at 30% , then 20%, i think now hes down to 3% hit rate.. lol

if you look at the 2020 draft only Mann (17) has played a full year. Becton played 15 and Hall only a total of 13 games. and Hall is just now getting recognized for being one of the better CBs in the league. Davis is now playing, trust me he is playing even thought i remember you didnt notice.. lmao hopefully Maye wont take snaps from him if he stays. unless we play more 4 WR sets i dont think Mims plays much this year. but he got potential. i think when he does play JDs draft stature goes up a few noctes .

its too early for 2021 but i see your concerns. it all centers on Wilson. if he plays better the 2nd and 3rd picks will look better.

and you forgot about CB Carter. hes been playing real well. Echols hasnt been bad either.

i seen your posts,  i know you have been mostly positive so when i see that last one i just wanted to make sure we didnt lose you. once you join the "JD must go" club many people dont come back. and i think better football isnt that far away.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Drums said:

Unfortunately we do seem to be a “get right” team but I would love for us to get revenge

I always want the win and i hate NE; would love to hear them try and put a spin on losing to the Jets - I doubt it happens this year, however. And now, the media is all about the Red Sox, but BBs day is coming...

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, doitny said:

nah i notice your replies to him. i was just kinda shocked with the draft remarks. Sar I started at 30% , then 20%, i think now hes down to 3% hit rate.. lol

if you look at the 2020 draft only Mann (17) has played a full year. Becton played 15 and Hall only a total of 13 games. and Hall is just now getting recognized for being one of the better CBs in the league. Davis is now playing, trust me he is playing even thought i remember you didnt notice.. lmao hopefully Maye wont take snaps from him if he stays. unless we play more 4 WR sets i dont think Mims plays much this year. but he got potential. i think when he does play JDs draft stature goes up a few noctes .

its too early for 2021 but i see your concerns. it all centers on Wilson. if he plays better the 2nd and 3rd picks will look better.

and you forgot about CB Carter. hes been playing real well. Echols hasnt been bad either.

i seen your posts,  i know you have been mostly positive so when i see that last one i just wanted to make sure we didnt lose you. once you join the "JD must go" club many people dont come back. and i think better football isnt that far away.

Great post and  I agree. Carter and Echols both look good. To be fair so many new moving parts I get confused and the duplicate player names abs brothers don’t help me keeping track. I literally thought Quincy Williams was another nickname for Quinnen. Kid you not! Thanks for looking out for a big brother. 

• Upvote 2

I mean this is a stupid thing to say; but can we give a rookie GM and scouting staff a year to “get it right” as well. It’s an excuse and for the jets every draft is critical, but this one seems to be better than the last; and I’m hoping that continues going forward. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Wit said:

I mean this is a stupid thing to say; but can we give a rookie GM and scouting staff a year to “get it right” as well. It’s an excuse and for the jets every draft is critical, but this one seems to be better than the last; and I’m hoping that continues going forward. 

Of course he isn't a rookie, but at least 2nd year. I am willing to give him a muligan on his first draft as it was his first, and it was a pandemic and it is a bit too early to tell if Mims and Becton may come around.

• Upvote 1

On 10/18/2021 at 2:22 PM, RevisIsland610 said:

Doubt it. He could be out another 3-4 weeks. A top 15 pick from them is likely. 3 of their next 4 games are against the Saints, Packers, and Cardinals and they could be 3-7 by then. 

Yep.  And if that happens, what incentive is there for Wilson to rush back?