Donovan Peoples-Jones is LEGIT... And should have been Drafted by The Jets

JetBlue

6 minutes ago, Daddy Wang Doodle said:

You make this thread only after 1 good game but ignore the other 20 game sample size where he's ghost?

Donald Trump Whatever GIF by Mashable

Seriously. DPJ has an enticing athletic profile but he was underwhelming in college and has had one useful game in 2 years. I think I'll put in a $7 waiver wire bid on him in my 14 team, 24 man roster dynasty league as a flier. But victory lap? Premature.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Beating a dead horse post number __________.    I was banging on the table for JD to take this guy in the 5th or 6th round; and I wasn't the only one to do so. .  Today is starting to look like one of steals of the 2020 draft.  Of course if he had been drafted by the Jets, he probably would "inactive" with this CS so we would not see what we are currently seeing.    Similar to what we are seeing with Mims smh. 

Remember the big knock on DPJ was his route running and being raw...   Well seems the Browns CS recognizes talent and seeks ways to get him the ball.  Our staff rather have Mims learn every route in the play book.... than refuse to get him involved.    There is a lesson here somewhere.   

yeah I mean, you and a "bunch" of other made the push for the late round lightning strike in the midst of groups of other people that did that for all the WR draft picks. I mean why didnt Joe pick your long shot, it was so muhc more obvious than all the other long shots wiht just as many supporters/reasoning or more supporters of other guys..

I mean cmon joe what a loser not listening to you. 

I find these types of post strange there is any number of groups of peopel that make no better case than anyone else and even though 99% of them are wrong the 1 group that hits in one game decides that it was so obvious. 

Fact Check: It was not obvious nor was your pick any more right than anyone elses. I get it your guy looks good right now. But lets not pretend it is osme travesty against football taht Joe didnt take him. If he was a better prospect he woudl have been drafted. at that point in the draft it is much more luck who drafted him. If he turns out to be the best WR in football even, they didnt draft him because of that he was just next guy on the list. 

With all that being said, i much rather have him that Moore. GO JETS!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

So you've been sitting on this post for a year and a half?

How did the Jets miss out on Khalil Herbert?  Or KJ Osborne? Or some other guy who had a break out game this week.......  These "I told you so posts" are ridiculous.  

Well unless they are about Kenny Yeboah.  Then they're okay.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

No, there was a bunch of us, perhaps more than not, that were beating the drum for Douglas to draft more than one receiver in the best receiver draft in a long time when the receivers group was the weakest part of the team, arguably.

But right now for the first time in quite awhile ,there is nothing wrong with the Jets WR corps.  Getting them the ball whether by gameplan or bad QB play is the current issue. 

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, GKnight83 said:

Yes, I think the Jets should award you with a internship working in the GMs office.  Maybe it could even pay minimum wage?

Stupid response.  Many of us was intrigued by him before the draft, the fact that he lasted until the 6th round and we walked away with Morgan, Clark and a Punter (two are injured and third is no longer on the team) and we said this at the time; this was one of the deepest WR classes in history and JD with all those picks, walked away with just one.   No one said we had to use a high draft pick on him but when a guy like that lands right in your lap, it is not rocket science to take a chance on that kind of athletic ability. 

3 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

The kid has potential but he has only ever had one good game so far and if was a blowout where his team lost. Let's save the I told you so for when he does this consistently or when it even matters?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

he has more than one good game and is in the process of developing chemistry with his quarterback.  He flashed in several games last year.  Mayfield is starting to look for him more and more.  I swear it is like some of can't think for yourselves.   This not an I told you so, it is reality staring you in the face.   They passed on a guy with great tools at a position of need, and even if he was a bust, it would have been more understandable than wasting a 4th rounder on a back up quarterback that couldn't even make a the roster of a 2 - 14 team one year later.  

4 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Sure, in a vacuum but maybe we don't take Elijah Moore and get an offensive lineman or JOK or Freiermuth etc. 

Somebody gets it!  Last year was one of the deepest WR drafts in recent history and we came away with one receiver.  The Raiders loaded up with Ruggs and Edwards and you can see the dividends those two are paying.   Taking DPJ in the 5th round would have been genius move; hell, the dude lasted until pick 187 in the 6th round.   This year JD could have loaded on the OL and or taken that TE as you mentioned.   This is not hindsight when we are saying this at time of the 2020 draft.   

5 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

We can't do this every time a player does well. 

We can if we were screaming for that player and he lasted until the 6th round, but we pass over him for the likes of James ******* Morgan.  

• Upvote 1