Donovan Peoples-Jones is LEGIT... And should have been Drafted by The Jets

JetBlue

2 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

Knowing is half the battle.

I wouldn't lose sleep over a 6th round WR who worked out.  I kinda like the guy we used the last pick on before Jones was taken (Bryce Hall).  NOW, had he have been there four picks later when we took a punter.....

So you wouldn't what to have Hall AND another talented receiver?  I mean I don't get this mentality, "oh its the 6th round so it doesn't matter".  Talent is talent regardless of what round they fall.  Players drop for all kinds of reasons, and again, when you have deep draft at a position of need, you double dip, especially when players like Quez Watkins or DPJ fall in your lap.  That is how teams turn it around fast, by hitting on those later round picks (like Hall which was a great pick and many of us applauded the pick at the time. )

2 hours ago, JetBlue said:

So you wouldn't what to have Hall AND another talented receiver?  I mean I don't get this mentality, "oh its the 6th round so it doesn't matter".  Talent is talent regardless of what round they fall.  Players drop for all kinds of reasons, and again, when you have deep draft at a position of need, you double dip, especially when players like Quez Watkins or DPJ fall in your lap.  That is how teams turn it around fast, by hitting on those later round picks (like Hall which was a great pick and many of us applauded the pick at the time. )

That's not what I said at all.

The only pick where we could have got him was where we picked Hall.  He was gone four picks earlier in round six, where JD picked Mann.  Now, if we could have known what we know now, and he was there when we picked Mann, then we could pound the table for an answer.  But....he wasn't.  And....we can't.

If you are implying we could have traded the pick, maybe JD tried but couldn't get a deal done.  All this is just hyperbole at best, or pure speculation at worst.  

4 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Why?

Because it would take too much bandwidth?

Moreso because it is...well, there are a LOT of adjectives that could describe it.  Personally, I like talking about the players we do have, but I DO understand the allure of dreaming about hitting all-stars with every pick.  I mean, the Jets and my Leafs would have won MANY championships by now if that were the case!

This guy sucks. 

Am so glad we drafted Perine, Captain Morgan and Cameron Clarke two rounds earlier. 

As an aside, I was a superstar HS football player but whilst lightning fast I was very small.

I’ve suited up as many games the last 2 years as Cameron Clarke.

We all have. Or have not.