Jamal Adams by the numbers thru 6 games

Jetsfan80

1 minute ago, BP said:

So he’s a 6ft 205lb defensive end that doesn’t rush the passer anymore and only drops back in coverage?

Pretty much.  And he sucks at that too.

So basically he's exactly what many of us said he is:  A LB who makes some nice tackles on RBs from time to time.  Totally worth a $70M contract in the modern NFL....

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Pretty much.  And he sucks at that too.

So basically he's exactly what many of us said he is:  A LB who makes some nice tackles on RBs from time to time.  Totally worth a $70M contract in the modern NFL....

Gotta admit, he’s got some smooth dance moves after a sack.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Doing the Lord’s work, @Jetsfan80. Stuffing @JiFapono and @Pac into a locker every week. 

But didn't you hear?  JiF and Pac were 100 % correct because they said Adams would get paid.  Never you mind all the times they called Adams a "game changer", one of the game's best defenders, and/or a lock future HOFer.  They never said anything like that, and even if they did, they were still right!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Public support for Jamal has collapsed, too. They were blaming Ken Norton and Carroll for Jamal’s issues, but the ball bouncing off of his face last night was the last straw—Norton couldn’t have put Jamal in better position to make the INT there if he had a time machine. The next step is for the analysts in the booth to stop carrying water for Adams and Schneider and Carroll and to start calling out Jamal for how terrible he’s been. 

I can't remember who here predicted almost immediately after the trade that Adams would get Ken Norton fired, but he needs to step forward and take a bow.  

• Upvote 2

Just now, T0mShane said:

I fondly remember how those two gents were saying “Boy, Jamal sucks, but he absolutely deserves upward of $17 million dollars per year!” They have no shame, either of them. 

Narcissists always have a poor memory.  But they THINK their memory is fantastic, because they're able to distort their own memories to believe what they think happened actually DID happen.  

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Doing the Lord’s work, @Jetsfan80. Stuffing @JiFapono and @Pac into a locker every week. 

Thanks for tagging me.  I would not have learned the OLB and DE's who have more sacks than Jamal Adams but the real dropping knowledge moment was,  Brandon Jones and Chuck Clark both have a sack on the season, that's sick as sh*t, dawg! 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 5

I watched the game last night and he absolutely blitzed a handful of times. He just never got home. He actually made a nice play blitzing on a run play where he adjusted well and tackled the ball carrier for a loss.

But he also dropped one easy INT on a deflected pass and missed a second INT thrown directly at him by trying to catch it with his face.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Thanks for tagging me.  I would not have learned the OLB and DE's have more sacks than Jamal Adams but the real dropping knowledge moment was,  Brandon Jones and Chuck Clark both have a sack on the season, that's sick as sh*t, dawg! 

Yes.  Brandon Jones, a 2020 3rd round pick, and Chuck Clark, a 2017 6th round pick making less than 25 % of Jamal's salary on his 2nd contract, are having better seasons than Jamal Adams.

And why exactly are you trying to defend Adams here if you were "right all along" about him?  Playing both sides of the argument again, eh?  How's that fence-sitting doing for your groin?

• Upvote 4

28 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Adams' numbers thru 6 games:

• 0 Sacks
  • 0 INTs
  • 0 FFs
  • 1 Pass Defended
  • 30 Solo Tackles
  • 3 Missed Tackles
  • 3 TFLs
  • 0 QB Hits
  • 0 QB Knockdowns
  • 0 QB Pressures
  • 0 QB Hurries
  • 146.3 QB Rating when targeted (11th worst in the NFL)
  • 14.2 yards per target (5th worst in NFL)
  • 20.7 yards per completion (7th worst in NFL)

Adams was not sent on a blitz this past week, and has only been sent on 13 blitzes this season.  Predictable given Seattle's desire to keep their $70M Safety healthy.

But even so, here's how players who have been sent on a similar # of blitzes have fared this season:

• T.J. Watt (13 blitzes):  7.0 Sacks, 3 FFs, 7 TFLs, 12 QB Hits, 4 QB Knockdowns, 19 QB Pressures, 8 QB Hurries
  • Haason Reddick (16 blitzes):  6.5 Sacks, 1 FF, 7 TFLs, 9 QB Hits, 1 QB Knockdown, 12 QB Pressures, 3 QB Hurries
  • Matt Judon (13 blitzes):  6.5 Sacks, 8 TFLs, 12 QB Hits, 4 QB Knockdowns, 13 QB Pressures, 2 QB Hurries
  • Chandler Jones (17 blitzes):  5.0 Sacks, 2 FFs, 5 TFLs, 14 QB Hits, 10 QB Knockdowns, 16 QB Pressures, 1 QB Hurry
  • Harold Landry  (15 blitzes):  4.5 Sacks, 6 TFLs, 10 QB Hits, 6  QB Knockdowns, 20 QB Pressures, 9 QB Hurries
  • Leonard Floyd (13 blitzes):  4.5 Sacks, 1 FF, 4 TFLs, 6 QB Hits, 2 QB Knockdowns, 15 QB Pressures, 6 QB Hurries
  • Markus Golden (12 blitzes):  4.0 Sacks, 3 FFs, 2 TFLs, 5 QB Hits, 2 QB Knockdowns, 7 QB Pressures, 1 QB Hurry
  • Odafe Oweh (8 blitzes):  3.0 Sacks, 2 FFs, 3 TFLs, 8 QB Hits, 5 QB Knockdowns, 12 QB Pressures, 4 QB Hurries
  • Josh Allen (11 blitzes):  2.5 Sacks, 2 TFLs, 6 QB Hits, 2 QB Knockdowns, 7 QB Pressures, 2 QB Hurries
  • MLB Jordan Hicks (13 blitzes):  3.0 Sacks, 1 FF, 2 TFLs, 3 QB Hits, 4 QB Pressures, 1 QB Hurry
  • S Brandon Jones (15 blitzes):  2.0 Sacks, 3 TFLs, 3 QB Hits, 1 QB Knockdown, 3 QB Pressures
  • MLB Deion Jones (15 blitzes):  1.0 Sacks, 4 TFLs, 1 QB Hit, 3 QB Pressures, 2 QB Hurries
  • S Chuck Clark (14 blitzes):  1.0 Sacks, 3 TFLs, 1 QB Hit, 3 QB Pressures, 2 QB Hurries

But Pete Carroll thinks he's a dawg and a leader.  

So he's got that going for him.

Which is nice.  

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I fondly remember how those two gents were saying “Boy, Jamal sucks, but he absolutely deserves upward of $17 million dollars per year!” They have no shame, either of them. 

How pathetic is your life if the highlight of your day is having fond memories of Pac?

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yes.  Brandon Jones, a 2020 3rd round pick, and Chuck Clark, a 2017 6th round pick making less than 25 % of Jamal's salary on his 2nd contract, are having better seasons than Jamal Adams.

And why exactly are you trying to defend Adams here if you were "right all along" about him?  Playing both sides of the argument again, eh?

Sorry, I'm distracted by learning that TJ Watt has more sacks than Jamal Adams. 

• WTF? 1

12 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I hope you have a template saved for these posts and you dont actually type this out every single week of your life.

Here's one where JiF admitted he was wrong about Jamal but 15 months later he was "right all along, about everything":

On 6/18/2020 at 8:46 PM, JiFapono said:

I'm not denying it but can you at least take it easy, please?  This is hard for me to accept.  It's like finding out your dog is really a cat.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Wow.  Low blow, you know what that was about.  Actually, this is pretty shameful buddy, I thought you had more class than this.  Pretty disappointed in you right now, honestly. 

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, JiFapono said:

Wow.  Low blow, you know what that was about.  Actually, this is pretty shameful buddy, I thought you had more class than this.  Pretty disappointed in you right now, honestly. 

You said there was "nothing toxic about him".  Clearly not correct, even if he was doing something positive here.  Not a low blow at all.  If you're going to have integrity/character, you have to show it at all times.  

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1