The Cardinals Built the Proper way

kevinc855

The Cardinals are 6-0 and look dangerous. 

Their last winning season? 2015? Oh sound familiar? 

With some awful seasons mixed in 3-13 under Wilks in 18 (canned in a year) 

5-10-1 2019 

8-8 2020

What did the Cardinals do? Build through the draft for some 5 year experiment? Nahhh, aggressive in FA with a developing young QB. Take a look at some of these signings in the link at the bottom.

Stoppp with the rookie experiment nonsense. Be aggressive in offseason 2022 and build this team in FA, with a sprinkle of our picks who may or may not pan out. Biggest question marks are Carter and Moore. AVT will work. 

2020, fuggedha about it.

Jet up baby

A look at the Arizona Cardinals' gains, losses in 2021 NFL free agency (arizonasports.com)

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, kevinc855 said:

Lawrence was begging not to come here. You think QBs are excited to come here now???

How do you know that?? He’s also a bible thumper from the south. If he didn’t want to be here he CERTAINLY wouldn’t want to come somewhere they sh*t can the offensive system until they “get it right”.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Tbh, the big key there was having the balls to draft Murray a year after whiffing on Rosen. 

That and having the balls to hire Kingsbury. 

(at the end of the day, it's about picking the right players and coaches. What a crazy concept, right?)

agreed, when you think about it, that was really ballsy 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

16 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

5-10-1 2019 

8-8 2020

What did the Cardinals do? Build through the draft for some 5 year experiment? Nahhh, aggressive in FA with a developing young QB. Take a look at some of these signings in the link at the bottom.

Stoppp with the rookie experiment nonsense. Be aggressive in offseason 2022 and build this team in FA, with a sprinkle of our picks who may or may not pan out. Biggest question marks are Carter and Moore. AVT will work. 

2020, fuggedha about it.

Jet up baby

A look at the Arizona Cardinals' gains, losses in 2021 NFL free agency (arizonasports.com)

Others have said it but getting the #1 pick and bailing on your HC for a roll of the dice was the boost they needed. After that is when the big pieces started coming together. I'm not sure it's fair to criticize the Jets for not landing a Hopkins level trade, by all accounts that I've heard no one around the league was aware he was being shopped.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Totally agreed. We should totally use the first overall pick on Spencer Rattler next year. That’s how you build a team, baby. Stacking QBs high like sandbags.

No joke.....

If the Jets truly won't do it the Tannenbaum FA way, fine, then you don't stop until you find the 10 year franchise quarterback.  It doesn't take long to figure out if you've got a chunk of gold or a lump of coal.  We could see it with Darnold on his first NFL pass, we can see it with Zach with his 50/50 risky longballs and 5 yard dirtball implosions against the dregs of the league.

Keep sucking, keep picking QB's until you get a great one.  This perpetual draft rebuild nonsense never works because if you don't nail the FQB you are just as f-cked as if you didn't bother rebuilding at all.  Two ways to win-  find the franchise quarterback or get everything else right and roll with a cheap rookie QB.  Find Joe Namath II or roll with Mark Sanchez II.  That's how it works.

SAR I

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, SAR I said:

No joke.....

If the Jets truly won't do it the Tannenbaum FA way, fine, then you don't stop until you find the 10 year franchise quarterback.  It doesn't take long to figure out if you've got a chunk of gold or a lump of coal.  We could see it with Darnold on his first NFL pass, we can see it with Zach with his 50/50 risky longballs and 5 yard dirtball implosions against the dregs of the league.

Keep sucking, keep picking QB's until you get a great one.  This perpetual draft rebuild nonsense never works because if you don't nail the FQB you are just as f-cked as if you didn't bother rebuilding at all.  Two ways to win-  find the franchise quarterback or get everything else right and roll with a cheap rookie QB.  Find Joe Namath II or roll with Mark Sanchez II.  That's how it works.

SAR I

I feel like there might come a point this offseason where trading Zack Wilson becomes a conversation for the Jets.

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1

We will see how Saleh works out but it seems like the guy has zero input on the offense and developing Wilson. He essentially said upon hiring "LaFleur is my guy and I'm giving him the keys to the offense". This is really not good. I dont think alot of fans realized it. This is not how you run a team. You are the head coach. It is YOUR offense.

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 1

56 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

5-10-1 2019 

8-8 2020

2020, fuggedha about it.

Jet up baby

Yes by hiring the coach we interviewed and should have hired.  That’s what they did right.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1