Jump to content

The Cardinals Built the Proper way


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The pats spent $160 on fa this past year and they suck.

You have to have draft success 1st then you can get prime fa because prime guys will not come to the bad teams if a good one is offering ball park same.

Does no one remember when the Patriots used 2 third rounders on TEs and then proceeded to give almost $90 million to TEs in free agency? So bad

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Totally agreed. We should absolutely use the first overall pick on Spencer Rattler next year. That’s how you build a team, baby. Stacking QBs high like sandbags.

Bill O'Brien should get a honorary Super Bowl ring if they win it for giving them DeAndre Hopkins

I think this off-season we're going to learn about JD. His first three years were really about tearing everything down.  This year was really the first step and he stepped up for Davis and Lawson

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, Barton said:

We will see how Saleh works out but it seems like the guy has zero input on the offense and developing Wilson. He essentially said upon hiring "LaFleur is my guy and I'm giving him the keys to the offense". This is really not good. I dont think alot of fans realized it. This is not how you run a team. You are the head coach. It is YOUR offense.

 

Zach-Wilson-Robert-Saleh-Jets-1024x574.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

We had an opportunity to bring in pretty much every player and coach they brought in besides Murray. And if we didn’t let kingsbury walk for Adam gase, and the cards passed on him and kept Rosen, we might’ve gotten Murray ourselves. Rodney Hudson was available, Hopkins probably would’ve been more available if the Jets had Murray and kingsbury instead of Arizona, Watt probably would’ve followed Hopkins still. 2/5ths of the cardinals o line are literally kelvin beachum and Brian winters. It’s a lot of ifs and probables obviously, but the Jets had every opportunity to be this team. So thanks again Maccagnan.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

I love that there’s an actual human being in the Year of Our Lord 2021 who is compulsively driven to prove that building through the draft is Actually Bad 

I would think 90% of Kev’s daily activities are compulsions. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, SAR I said:

No joke.....

If the Jets truly won't do it the Tannenbaum FA way, fine, then you don't stop until you find the 10 year franchise quarterback.  It doesn't take long to figure out if you've got a chunk of gold or a lump of coal.  We could see it with Darnold on his first NFL pass, we can see it with Zach with his 50/50 risky longballs and 5 yard dirtball implosions against the dregs of the league.

Keep sucking, keep picking QB's until you get a great one.  This perpetual draft rebuild nonsense never works because if you don't nail the FQB you are just as f-cked as if you didn't bother rebuilding at all.  Two ways to win-  find the franchise quarterback or get everything else right and roll with a cheap rookie QB.  Find Joe Namath II or roll with Mark Sanchez II.  That's how it works.

SAR I

You are judging Wilson too quickly after only 5 games. He needs more time to work on the weaknesses of short range accuracy before he is judged.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

 

Even if you just get average production out of both of them, that’s still twice as much production.

Tampa bay rays of football. We can use a starter and a few relief QBs

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LockeJET said:

Only sh*t organizations would hire a defensive minded Head coach and a rookie offensive coordinator knowing that they are going to be drafting a rookie quarterback. 

The biggest problem with the Jets is we never hire correctly.  whether it’s head coaches or assistant coaches or GMs. We always bring in first timers. That’s why I have no faith in this team to develop guys. Can you imagine if we drafted Lamar Jackson or Murray or even Josh Allen. We would’ve had no idea how to utilize them correctly. We would’ve tried to turn all three into pocket passers. 
 

In the end this team never coaches to strengths.  it’s always system type guys that try to shove it down everyone’s throat. Jets never get the benefit of the doubt from me, show me and then I’ll believe. 

You start the the season with a vet QB to help mesh it all.

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

The Cardinals are 6-0 and look dangerous. 

Their last winning season? 2015? Oh sound familiar? 

With some awful seasons mixed in 3-13 under Wilks in 18 (canned in a year) 

5-10-1 2019 

8-8 2020

What did the Cardinals do? Build through the draft for some 5 year experiment? Nahhh, aggressive in FA with a developing young QB. Take a look at some of these signings in the link at the bottom.

Stoppp with the rookie experiment nonsense. Be aggressive in offseason 2022 and build this team in FA, with a sprinkle of our picks who may or may not pan out. Biggest question marks are Carter and Moore. AVT will work. 

2020, fuggedha about it.

Jet up baby

A look at the Arizona Cardinals' gains, losses in 2021 NFL free agency (arizonasports.com)

well then you better get ready for more of JD cause there GM Keim has been there since 2013.

he went from 3 double digit years to 7-8...8-8...3-13----5-10-1

yeah we would give this guy a chance. this fan base would have had his head after the 3-13 season. and that was after drafting Rosen. he would have never got the chance to draft Murray if he was a NY Jet GM.

and his 1st draft was awful. number 7 pick Jonathan Cooper was a bust. 2nd rd pick Kevin Minter started 5 games in 2 years. 

and his 2nd draft he didnt hit any HRs niether.

so im pretty sure he didnt built those winning teams. made added a FA or 2 but the bulk of there core team was drafted by the GM before him.

we had a similar situation. we had Tanny have 2 very successful years and 2 bad followed and he was gone. no chance to rebuilt it. but Keim survived the bad years to built it again. and he didnt built those winning teams he inherited them.

but hey let do it the Arizona way. buckle up JD haters cause we have to have faith in our GM just like Arizona did and stick with him even after a bad 1st draft. 

and @SAR I you mentioned he fired Wilks after 3-13 one season.. but Kingsbury went 5-10-1 in his 1st. so since your on board with this if Salah wins 5 games you wont say anything? he gets to stay with no problem from you?

then lets do it guys. the Arizona way. im in. 

 

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The pats spent $160 on fa this past year and they suck.

You have to have draft success 1st then you can get prime fa because prime guys will not come to the bad teams if a good one is offering ball park same.

The Pats suck because they have a rookie QB.

It's what happens.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

Only sh*t organizations would hire a defensive minded Head coach and a rookie offensive coordinator knowing that they are going to be drafting a rookie quarterback. 

The biggest problem with the Jets is we never hire correctly.  whether it’s head coaches or assistant coaches or GMs. We always bring in first timers. That’s why I have no faith in this team to develop guys. Can you imagine if we drafted Lamar Jackson or Murray or even Josh Allen. We would’ve had no idea how to utilize them correctly. We would’ve tried to turn all three into pocket passers. 
 

 

Murray had first time HC Kingsbury. Allen had first time HC McDermott. who happened to be a DC,,,and Daboll the OC was new at it.

oh you wanted a offensive guy with a new QB right? with experience? we hired Adam Gase.

dammed if you do and dammed if you dont.... 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, doitny said:

well then you better get ready for more of JD cause there GM Keim has been there since 2013.

he went from 3 double digit years to 7-8...8-8...3-13----5-10-1

yeah we would give this guy a chance. this fan base would have had his head after the 3-13 season. and that was after drafting Rosen. he would have never got the chance to draft Murray if he was a NY Jet GM.

and his 1st draft was awful. number 7 pick Jonathan Cooper was a bust. 2nd rd pick Kevin Minter started 5 games in 2 years. 

and his 2nd draft he didnt hit any HRs niether.

so im pretty sure he didnt built those winning teams. made added a FA or 2 but the bulk of there core team was drafted by the GM before him.

we had a similar situation. we had Tanny have 2 very successful years and 2 bad followed and he was gone. no chance to rebuilt it. but Keim survived the bad years to built it again. and he didnt built those winning teams he inherited them.

but hey let do it the Arizona way. buckle up JD haters cause we have to have faith in our GM just like Arizona did and stick with him even after a bad 1st draft. 

and @SAR I you mentioned he fired Wilks after 3-13 one season.. but Kingsbury went 5-10-1 in his 1st. so since your on board with this if Salah wins 5 games you wont say anything? he gets to stay with no problem from you?

then lets do it guys. the Arizona way. im in. 

 

And they don’t share their stadium, I’m in

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

Tbh, the big key there was having the balls to draft Murray a year after whiffing on Rosen. 

That and having the balls to hire Kingsbury. 

 

(at the end of the day, it's about picking the right players and coaches. What a crazy concept, right?)

If you gave Murray this offensive talent and this coaching staff you’re really not seeing anything special.

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I feel like there might come a point this offseason where trading Zack Wilson becomes a conversation for the Jets.

What would the plan be at QB? I'm presuming Douglas is gone in this fairy tale scenario?

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

The Pats suck because they have a rookie QB.

It's what happens.

Their rookie QB by all accounts is playing above rookie qb status, he made the one bad gaff last game then followed it up with 76 yard td.

 The pats are bad because belli is an awful gm.  The pats are the 5th oldest team in the league loaded with vets.

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, doitny said:

Murray had first time HC Kingsbury. Allen had first time HC McDermott. who happened to be a DC,,,and Daboll the OC was new at it.

oh you wanted a offensive guy with a new QB right? with experience? we hired Adam Gase.

dammed if you do and dammed if you dont.... 

Kingsbury was already an HC and brought his own offense

Daboll actually had two previous stints in the NFL as an OC....

Saleh has never been an HC....on any level.....and obviously his expertise is on defense

Lafleur has never been an OC in the NFL but was an OC at the college level 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Totally agreed. We should absolutely use the first overall pick on Spencer Rattler next year. That’s how you build a team, baby. Stacking QBs high like sandbags.

Spencer Rattler gonna go the way of Taj Boyd.  Predicted 1st overall pick in October to only got drafted because Rex’s son called in a favor.  And yes he is worse then Boyd.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Tbh, the big key there was having the balls to draft Murray a year after whiffing on Rosen. 

That and having the balls to hire Kingsbury. 

 

(at the end of the day, it's about picking the right players and coaches. What a crazy concept, right?)

The Jets bailed on their coach after 2 years and their 1st round qb after 3. It’s not that different. We’ll see if Wilson and Saleh work but you can’t accuse the Jets of not trying. Btw 6-0 doesn’t guarantee the playoffs, I wouldn’t crown the Cardinals just yet. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

Kingsbury was already an HC and brought his own offense

Daboll actually had two previous stints in the NFL as an OC....

Saleh has never been an HC....on any level.....and obviously his expertise is on defense

Lafleur has never been an OC in the NFL but was an OC at the college level 

good call on Daboll. i dont know how i missed that.

Kingsbury was a college HC. but i guess a HC is a HC. fair enough

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kevinc855 said:

so JD will actually go get some veteran playmakers? 

Hopefully but it’s very rare you get handed D Hop for nothing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Totally agreed. We should absolutely use the first overall pick on Spencer Rattler next year. That’s how you build a team, baby. Stacking QBs high like sandbags.

Pathetic attempt at walking back 2 years of sh*tting on all us visionaries who wanted to hire Kingsbury

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

What would the plan be at QB? I'm presuming Douglas is gone in this fairy tale scenario?

1. Season stays bad, Saleh and LaFleur continue to look overmatched.

2. Wilson continues to get beat up and ridiculed nationally, even as Fields, Lawrence, Mac Jones, and Lance show gradual improvement.

3. Team Wilson says “**** this, **** the Jets, **** NY, we’re not letting our boy get Sanchez-Darnolded.”

4. Zach, who would be the first quarterback off the board in the upcoming draft, has buckets of value.

5. Team Wilson leaves the head of a prized racehorse in Joe Douglas’ bed. 
 

6. Russell Wilson bails on Seattle, Darnold gets thrown out of Carolina, Rodgers is out of Green Bay, Daniel Jones is finished in New York, Deshaun Watson out in Houston, Tua done in Miami, Goff out in Detroit, Wentz in Indy, Hurts in Philly, Ben in Pittsburgh, etc etc etc. A lot of seats with no one to fill them. A lot of places Team Wilson would rather their son end up. 
 

7. CONVERSATION

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JiFapono said:

Pathetic attempt at walking back 2 years of sh*tting on all us visionaries who wanted to hire Kingsbury

I’m still not convinced he finishes the season over .500

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SAR I said:

We could see it with Darnold on his first NFL pass, we can see it with Zach with his 50/50 risky longballs and 5 yard dirtball implosions against the dregs of the league.

If we accept this as true, then the Jets should just use every draft pick every year on QB's, until they find "The One"...

Draft 6 qb's, give them each 2-3 games to prove themselves, if in fact it is so easy to determine if they will be franchise QB's or not...

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...