The Cardinals Built the Proper way

kevinc855

22 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

so JD will actually go get some veteran playmakers? 

i would think so at this stage. but he got Lawson and Jarred Davis who hopefully will be back this Sunday.

and i know people are down on WR Davis but he is one too. Wilson plays better and they all look good.

56 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Their rookie QB by all accounts is playing above rookie qb status, he made the one bad gaff last game then followed it up with 76 yard td.

The pats are bad because belli is an awful gm.  The pats are the 5th oldest team in the league loaded with vets.

He's been mostly bad.  He's been asked to do little and when asked to do a lot has shown his shortcomings.

The Pats have plenty of talent and the best coach in the NFL - yet they're lucky to be 2-4, because they have a rookie QB.

9 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

Cardinals built on some good draft picks too...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

true but back when there GM started he had 2 bad first drafts in 2013-2014. 

thats why i been saying if you get rid of JD after 2 drafts or Saleh after 1 year then who wants to come here thats good. especially when you look at Arizona where you can mess up your first few drafts and keep your job and now 8 years later you have the best team in the NFL.

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

They have their QB - I expect him to be a big spender this off-season...It's time to win now.  He gets no more free passes after this year.

Spot on... He needs to get a Center and RG next year whether it be in the draft or FA... I'd like Linderbaum in the draft and pick up the RG in FA, and also draft one or two more OL. If we get Linderbaum, and a very good RG in FA, then I don't care if OL help is a bit lower in the draft, but Linderbaum and the RG are key gets next year. If he doesn't then I like many who support him will probably start to question his decisions.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, docdhc said:

The Jets bailed on their coach after 2 years and their 1st round qb after 3. It’s not that different. We’ll see if Wilson and Saleh work but you can’t accuse the Jets of not trying. Btw 6-0 doesn’t guarantee the playoffs, I wouldn’t crown the Cardinals just yet. 

Nah, bailing on Sam after 3 years was a no-brainer because of the contract situation alone. 

bailing after 1 year takes serious conviction. It’s totally different, tbh. 

I’m not crowning them, but the cardinals are on the moon compared to us right now. We can barely get a 1st down in the first half of games. 

2 hours ago, UnknownJetFan said:

You are judging Wilson too quickly after only 5 games. He needs more time to work on the weaknesses of short range accuracy before he is judged.

I’m sorry, but if there’s one thing long time Jets fans are very good at is spotting the dog quarterbacks right away. He’s a bust. The sooner we move on the better. Same for Joe Douglas.

Others will say it is too early. Others will say we have to give him a chance to develop. Deep down they know the truth.

SAR I

1 hour ago, jetswinbaby! said:

If we accept this as true, then the Jets should just use every draft pick every year on QB's, until they find "The One"...

Draft 6 qb's, give them each 2-3 games to prove themselves, if in fact it is so easy to determine if they will be franchise QB's or not...

Damn right. 

SAR I

32 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I’m sorry, but if there’s one thing long time Jets fans are very good at is spotting the dog quarterbacks right away. He’s a bust. The sooner we move on the better. Same for Joe Douglas.

Others will say it is too early. Others will say we have to give him a chance to develop. Deep down they know the truth.

SAR I

Says Mark Sanchez’ biggest fan. 

4 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

The Cardinals are 6-0 and look dangerous. 

Their last winning season? 2015? Oh sound familiar? 

With some awful seasons mixed in 3-13 under Wilks in 18 (canned in a year) 

5-10-1 2019 

8-8 2020

What did the Cardinals do? Build through the draft for some 5 year experiment? Nahhh, aggressive in FA with a developing young QB. Take a look at some of these signings in the link at the bottom.

Stoppp with the rookie experiment nonsense. Be aggressive in offseason 2022 and build this team in FA, with a sprinkle of our picks who may or may not pan out. Biggest question marks are Carter and Moore. AVT will work. 

2020, fuggedha about it.

Jet up baby

A look at the Arizona Cardinals' gains, losses in 2021 NFL free agency (arizonasports.com)

YEah, that has worked so well in the past.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

1. Season stays bad, Saleh and LaFleur continue to look overmatched.

2. Wilson continues to get beat up and ridiculed nationally, even as Fields, Lawrence, Mac Jones, and Lance show gradual improvement.

3. Team Wilson says “**** this, **** the Jets, **** NY, we’re not letting our boy get Sanchez-Darnolded.”

4. Zach, who would be the first quarterback off the board in the upcoming draft, has buckets of value.

5. Team Wilson leaves the head of a prized racehorse in Joe Douglas’ bed. 

6. Russell Wilson bails on Seattle, Darnold gets thrown out of Carolina, Rodgers is out of Green Bay, Daniel Jones is finished in New York, Deshaun Watson out in Houston, Tua done in Miami, Goff out in Detroit, Wentz in Indy, Hurts in Philly, Ben in Pittsburgh, etc etc etc. A lot of seats with no one to fill them. A lot of places Team Wilson would rather their son end up. 

7. CONVERSATION

Wow . . . Long way to go!

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

Going heavy in FA has never been a good way to build a team and never will. 

For the last 10 years we have tried to do it “the right way” and then GM’s under tremendous pressure brought in terrible free agents.  

And also because we never brought in a free-agent quarterback. Geno Smith breaks his jaw and free agent Ryan Fitzpatrick sets the Jets record for touchdowns in a single season chucking the ball to free agent Brandon Marshall and free agent Eric Decker while getting valuable yards from free agent Chris Ivory.   Hello 10 wins.  

And this “build a team“ stuff is garbage. The New Orleans Saints built a team and all that got them was one Super Bowl despite Drew Brees for 15 years.  Throw together a team, sneak in the playoffs, and see if you can get hot.  No need to overthink this.  It’s the one thing the Jets are actually good at.

SAR I

We will see how Saleh works out but it seems like the guy has zero input on the offense and developing Wilson. He essentially said upon hiring "LaFleur is my guy and I'm giving him the keys to the offense". This is really not good. I dont think alot of fans realized it. This is not how you run a team. You are the head coach. It is YOUR offense.
Seems he has no input? Based on what?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk