Kerry Rhodes speaks

1 minute ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Kerry Rhodes was a good player. I never liked the idea of getting rid of him after 2009 but if memory serves correctly, he was starting to become a diva and didn't handle his temporary benching very well at all. 

I think it was more Rex that wanted him out.  I'm sure there were reasons on and off the field for Rex booting him.

• Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Kerry Rhodes was >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jamal Adams

I’d take Eric Smith over Jamal Adams. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Kerry Rhodes was a good player. I never liked the idea of getting rid of him after 2009 but if memory serves correctly, he was starting to become a diva and didn't handle his temporary benching very well at all. 

We started calling him Keri Rhodes

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, y2k8 said:

He's not wrong. Also was smart to say "the last 18 years" as to avoid disrespecting Victor Green.

That all being said, Erik McMillan had the best 2 1/2 seasons I've ever seen a Jets Safety have in all my years watching this team. His rookie year he had 8 interceptions in 13 games. Has anyone on the Jets even had 1 INT this season?

He was good. I'm partial to Darrol Ray.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, section314 said:

12 years later he brings this up? Was he in Dr.Evil's f**king space capsule?

2 hours ago, doitny said:

is there a reason he is saying this now?

This is what he was doing.

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Kerry Rhodes erasing Jamal Adams with one nice, clean shot. Who says he wasn’t a big hitter? 

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Kerry Rhodes erasing Jamal Adams with one nice, clean shot. Who says he wasn’t a big hitter? 

I kind of felt like he was talking directly to you.  He remembers your creepy ass from camp when you followed him around and reported on how he lacked passion tying his shoe.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I was always a Kerry Rhodes fan. Had a jersey back in the day.

His inability to get along with Rex was weird. It's probably why he's not remembered as fondly as many members of the 09-10 squads.

I had a Rhodes tshirt.  I really thought Rex would be able to do crazy stuff with Rhodes and it just never happened.  I do remember he had like a ridiculous season with the Cards the following year though, Picks, TD's, fumbles, safety...he was his back to being a beast.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, y2k8 said:

He's not wrong. Also was smart to say "the last 18 years" as to avoid disrespecting Victor Green.

That all being said, Erik McMillan had the best 2 1/2 seasons I've ever seen a Jets Safety have in all my years watching this team. His rookie year he had 8 interceptions in 13 games. Has anyone on the Jets even had 1 INT this season?

Famously gave Don Shula and the Dolphins team the middle finger as he was running a Marino INT pass down the Miami sideline for a long TD. Possibly a 90-something yarder.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I remember him for being sawft

this.

After a great 2006 season he nicknamed himself "Hollywood" and began to focus more on his acting career.  When Rex came in and asked him to be more physical (because safeties don't just play center field in Rex's system), instead Kerry turned town tackles, making "business decisions."  That's why he was shipped away.  Good start to his career but it stalled after that.

• Upvote 2