Report: Deshaun Watson to Miami trade in the works

Rhg1084

7 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Yeah no. 

Theres quite a bit similar about how the two cases are being handled by both the NFL and the corporate media.

There were no actionable HR issues as you stated. Gruden sent those emails while he was not employed by the NFL or the Raiders. Gruden also only quit because it was essentially a hostage situation, basically "quit or we further tarnish your reputation". If this wasnt the NFL, he would easily win a lawsuit against his employer. Corporate media also immediately turned on the man disregarding the real story of the exploitation of the WFT cheerleaders. 

With Deshaun, while they are currently accusations of misconduct, he was employed by the Texans and the NFL at the time they supposedly occurred. Deshaun has seen zero action from the NFL, and from the NFLs own track record on punishment for these types of things, its extremely curious as to why he hasnt been punished yet (case in point Ezekiel Elliot). Corporate media blows him at every turn, and after the trade will sing his praises. 

Make no mistake. What Deshaun most likely did was infinitely worse than what Gruden did and it's not even remotely close. 

Gruden - Said some bad words in a private email  = Loses career/reputation.

Watson - Assaulted women = nothing. 

In both instances the NFL proves they dont give a sh*t about women. 

You're entitled to your view, but we're right on the edge of the rules of what is allowed here, so in respect to Max and my boy Crusher, I'm going leave it where it is, giving you the last word.  

2 hours ago, slimjasi said:

I don't necessarily buy into Tua, but I think it's interesting how little time he has gotten in comparison to guys like Darnold and Trubisky. I get that he has major durability concerns, but he has like (13?) career starts. That's not even a full NFL season. People still argue over Sam's potential on this board and he's started 44 games. 

Sam's potential for what?. Leading the league in Turnovers INTs/Fumbles on average for the course of his career. Or potential for seeing more apparitions than the Ghostbusters could ever handle.

• Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Very very predictable.  A few of us have been saying this for a while now, dolphins are desperate.  They are supposed to be doing something this year and they are awful.

I love this as a jets fan even though i have always thought watson was really good.  Miami is going to trade away all of their future for a guy that can easily be not playing for a while.  (though the logical thing is to pay a bunch of hush money to make this all go away as is the norm these days.)

I think any team trading for Watson will have some prior knowledge of what (if any) punishment Goodell is going to hand down. 

• Upvote 3

45 minutes ago, JTJet said:

In both instances the NFL proves they dont give a sh*t about women.

Yes, but we knew this a long time ago. There’s an extensive track record of the league not caring about crimes against women. It’s despicable, but that’s how they roll.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Don’t forget Mac Marino.

Meh, I feel like Mac is who he is already.  Kind of unfair, as I say we dont know anything about the other rookies but I just dont see where else his game can go.  He is what he is.  I'm just glad Fields didnt fall to them, would be much more worried about his long term potential coupled with those other 2 MVP caliber QB's. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JiFapono said:

Meh, I feel like Mac is who he is already.  Kind of unfair, as I say we dont know anything about the other rookies but I just dont see where else his game can go.  He is what he is.  I'm just glad Fields didnt fall to them, would be much more worried about his long term potential coupled with those other 2 MVP caliber QB's. 

Missile Mac Jones

8 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Macaroni Jones 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

If you can get some kind of guarantee that he will eventually be able to play again beyond this year, a good argument can be made that it's worth it. Watson is that good. 

The problem I would have is - Say he has a big legal/civil ruling against him, how do I know he's not getting suspended for the 2022 season or beyond? I would need some sort of quiet handshake with the league office to give up multiple first round picks for Watson right now. 

I just don't know - Mahomes and Wilson (Russel) are great QBs, and they have look pedestrian at times because of the team that surrounds them. If Miami has to pay too much you get a guy with legal issues (who knows what else is out there) and a chip on his shoulder while sitting out a year of football. Not worth the cost, IMO.

I would be asking for information pertaining to beyond this season. If he is eventually convicted of something but avoids jail time, can the NFL tack stuff on? etc. The Watson situation is still very poorly defined. 

i would hope for Watson sake he has some sort of deal for that cause whatever you want to call it..... he is serving his suspension now.

you not allow to practice or go to games. i think he just hangs in the locker room so he can get paid.

its like getting arrested and not being able to make bail. so you sit there for a year and then you see the judge and he sentences you to a year in jail. you have time severed. you dont do a year on top of that.

i just hope Carolina jumps in. only chance we got to keep him out of the AFC East

2 hours ago, Big_Slick said:

Watson won 4 games last season on a crappy Texans team.

If Miami gives up three first round picks that'll set them back years. Fins will be in the same situation as Watson was in with the Texans. Super expensive QB contract, no high draft picks and going nowhere.

Miami’s offense already consists of Parker, Fuller, Waddle, Gsecki, and Gaskins. Much better than anything Houston put on the field that year. He would definitely elevate that to a top offense 

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I think any team trading for Watson will have some prior knowledge of what (if any) punishment Goodell is going to hand down. 

This year, yes...But what if the legal issues ramp up in the offseason and result in severe league punishments? This could go real bad for whoever trades for him.

4 hours ago, slimjasi said:

I don't necessarily buy into Tua, but I think it's interesting how little time he has gotten in comparison to guys like Darnold and Trubisky. I get that he has major durability concerns, but he has like (13?) career starts. That's not even a full NFL season. People still argue over Sam's potential on this board and he's started 44 games. 

If you watch Tua play you can see pretty quickly that he has a subpar arm and isn't particularly fast or elusive.

There are no redeeming traits that lead anyone to believe that greatness is around the corner.  So I don't blame the fish for looking to bring in a great young QB to replace him. 

With that said,  no one is kicking him out of the league.  He will get his Darnold/trubusky style chance around the league. It's possible that with the right team and coach he can be a winning qb but he is no deshaun Watson