Report: Deshaun Watson to Miami trade in the works

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There’s been a report like this once a week for like six months now

Not gonna happen. Deshaun is gonna take one look at the Miami Massage Therapy staff picture and nix the deal.   EDIT: The guy in the top left might be into it, though.

The hypocrisy of the league and country for that matter holds no bounds... #Metoo I must say, even still, knowing what I know, that this guy will actually be traded while being accused of be

Posted Images

3 hours ago, defensedoesntgetyoulaid said:

When this happens I look forward to seeing all the TV talking heads who crucified Gruden completely overlooking all the sh*t Watson is accused of and making excuses for him. Gonna be some fun hypocrisy on the way!

I doubt randy moss will cry

Watson is a complete piece of sh*t, but anyone trying to convince themselves the NFL will do anything of significance against him, as long as they have any way to avoid it all, might want to remind themselves that this is the same league, and networks thereafter, who have spent the last 2 decades endlessly holding up in glory a ******* murderer.  They really don't give a sh*t, as long as they believe the person can still make them money.

They only suddenly pretend to have any degree of morals when they can conveniently try to make an example of someone who isn't a real earner for them.  Even if Watson simply buys himself out of his legal troubles, the league will happily turn a blind eye.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

To further your point, I wasn’t sure which murderer you were referring to.

I realized that as I was writing it, but figured all the more reason not to even mention a name.  I mean, they're kind of like chips, you can't have just one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
4 hours ago, Warfish said:

In the case of Gruden, the league had documented evidence of actionable HR violation issues, and Gruden himself chose to quit.  If he didn't, his owner would have fired him, not the NFL.

In the Watson case, there are currently only accusations.  No  criminal case.  No finding as yet in a civil case.  i.e. there is nothing actionable, yet.  

There is literally nothing similar about these two cases.  

Believe all women....unless it's 46 of them and the dude is good at playing QB. lol

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
28 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

Why would anyone begin to think these allegations  would have a long impact on Watson’s career?  From day one you had to know,  this would be a short lived controversy 

Well he hasn't played a down this year for Houston when they could really use him. It could be due to the allegations and potential legal and league action. Or maybe because he’s told the Texans he wants out and doesn’t want to play for them. We know he’s good but IMO why take on another team’s problems. 

I read some tweets earlier today that said the rumors are false, for whatever that is worth.  Also, the Dolphins do not have their own first round pick in 2022. They traded it to Philly.  They have SFs pick, which is likely to be middle of the round.  Does Houston do this trade for a middle of the round first round pick and future year firsts?  I'm not so sure.  Philly has more to offer right now.

• Like 1

Pauline reporting Stephen Ross is in YOLO mode and is ready to clean house, which is why the Dolphins are desperate to make the move:

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/dolphins-owner-stephen-ross-in-win-now-mode-not-concerned-about-future-draft-capital/

According to PFN Insider Tony Pauline, both Flores and general manager Chris Grier are on the hot seat and could be in danger of losing their jobs. Flores was once viewed as one of the NFL’s premier young coaches. He seemingly had the Dolphins in place to succeed for the long haul.

But now, he’s seen by some in the NFL as “another example of ripe fruit from the Bill Belichick tree quickly going rotten,” per Pauline. These sources point to other former New England assistants, such as Eric Mangini, Bill O’Brien, and to a lesser extent, Joe Judge — coaches who have shown promise before fizzling out.

Meanwhile, sources tell Pauline that there are people inside the Miami organization who feel Tua Tagovailoa is not the answer at quarterback. To rub salt into the wound, Pauline is told that some members of the franchise have already given up on the second-year quarterback, and the situation gets worse each week when they see the results of Justin Herbert.

Tua, who recently returned from a rib injury, has played well in spurts. But through 12 starts, he’s largely been disappointing. The Dolphins, of course, drafted Tua one pick before the eventual 2021 Offensive Rookie of the Year in Herbert.

5 hours ago, JiFapono said:

Lose the Jones, and that's kind of fire,  Missile Mac

but I like Water Pistol Jones much better. 

Sorry, that's already what Pac calls Maccagnan. 

6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I think any team trading for Watson will have some prior knowledge of what (if any) punishment Goodell is going to hand down. 

Yes if there is one thing we know about Goodell it's that he's all about open dialogue and communication. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2

Whenever there is a team on the front pages in trade rumors, usually means there is a team that they are trying to bait.  McClain is shilling for the Texans here.  I would assume its Carolina.  Less likely but possibly Philadelphia, since they have the ammo to make this trade.  Although Philly would be a tough sell to the public given the cases against him.  Carolina more forgiving given his Clemson background.  

8 hours ago, Bleedin Green said:

Watson is a complete piece of sh*t, but anyone trying to convince themselves the NFL will do anything of significance against him, as long as they have any way to avoid it all, might want to remind themselves that this is the same league, and networks thereafter, who have spent the last 2 decades endlessly holding up in glory a ******* murderer.  They really don't give a sh*t, as long as they believe the person can still make them money.

They only suddenly pretend to have any degree of morals when they can conveniently try to make an example of someone who isn't a real earner for them.  Even if Watson simply buys himself out of his legal troubles, the league will happily turn a blind eye.

Can already hear Chris Collinsworth in awe of how Watson fought through adversity to get back to the top.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1
Amazing how quickly we are able to evaluate Tua's entire future and ceiling based on 12 starts but if anyone raises concerns about Zach after 6, they are a reactionary Pollyanna with a instant-gratification complex.
Consider the source.my friend ... always consider the source.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1
Yes if there is one thing we know about Goodell it's that he's all about open dialogue and communication. 
Watson to the Pats. And it nevers becomes known that deal was in place before Brady left and the watson's shenanigans were a ploy by goodell, watson and BB to drive his cap salary down - but balanced by kraft promising to let his masseuses become the official therapy dept for the pats for 20 mill a year ... 3/4 of which go under the table to Watson

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, Bleedin Green said:

I realized that as I was writing it, but figured all the more reason not to even mention a name.  I mean, they're kind of like chips, you can't have just one.

Truth

1 hour ago, Irish Jet said:

Can already hear Chris Collinsworth in awe of how Watson fought through adversity to get back to the top.

He won’t even care at all if it rubs  everyone the wrong way either.  

• Haha 1
44 minutes ago, jgb said:

Amazing how quickly we are able to evaluate Tua's entire future and ceiling based on 12 starts but if anyone raises concerns about Zach after 6, they are a reactionary Pollyanna with a instant-gratification complex.

It’s amazing isn’t it? Could you imagine if Zach was a Dolphin and having this kind of start to his career? 

• Upvote 1