Jump to content

Report: Deshaun Watson to Miami trade in the works


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Yes, that's the creepy part.  

He can hire all sort of escorts.  They're not hard to find and he has the money to afford the best in the world.

He is a sexual predator, that was looking for easy targets on which to prey....... 

They will all be paid off and the NFL will suspend Watson for a few games and it will be forgotten about. Think about some players who were able to continue to make millions after egregious criminal actions. This is an easy sweep under the rug unfortunately.

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There’s been a report like this once a week for like six months now

Not gonna happen. Deshaun is gonna take one look at the Miami Massage Therapy staff picture and nix the deal.   EDIT: The guy in the top left might be into it, though.

The hypocrisy of the league and country for that matter holds no bounds... #Metoo I must say, even still, knowing what I know, that this guy will actually be traded while being accused of be

Posted Images

4 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Not really.

It's pretty much the same people already calling Tua finished as questioning ZW through 5 games.

Neither should be judged, even remotely yet. 

Look at FJ as the voice of reason! ;) 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

They will all be paid off and the NFL will suspend Watson for a few games and it will be forgotten about. Think about some players who were able to continue to make millions after egregious criminal actions. This is an easy sweep under the rug unfortunately.

I think the 1 difference is that the huge majority of players who were able to play after committing horrible crimes-- those were mostly one time events. The thing with Watson is he has multiple dozen women accusing him, but I do agree that at one point he will play again. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, slats said:

The punishment will be proportional to the negative publicity and public outrage. It’s quiet right now but, if there is ever a trial, it could get very seriously ugly. I don’t think Goodell is currently in a position where he could honestly say what’s gonna happen. 
 
Also, the Texans are voluntarily keeping him inactive. I find it odd that he’s not already on the commissioner’s list, and suspect that might be a handshake deal with the league, the team, and the player - and that if he’s traded he’d have to continue his inactive streak. Watson stepping on the field would certainly ramp up the criticism the league is trying to tamp down. 

I think the big moment for ginning up an outrage cycle for Watson was after the Vrentas “Mary” article, and that stayed in the news for, like, a day and a half. Watson is a gross sex pest. That’s baked in, and everyone knows it. I think, whenever a trade happens, there won’t be much of an issue in whatever market he goes to unless there’s stuff that hasn’t come out already. And given that Buzbee has tried to settle with Team Watson a few times already, it seems unlikely he’s holding any more cards up his sleeve.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I think the big moment for ginning up an outrage cycle for Watson was after the Vrentas “Mary” article, and that stayed in the news for, like, a day and a half. Watson is a gross sex pest. That’s baked in, and everyone knows it. I think, whenever a trade happens, there won’t be much of an issue in whatever market he goes to unless there’s stuff that hasn’t come out already. And given that Buzbee has tried to settle with Team Watson a few times already, it seems unlikely he’s holding any more cards up his sleeve.

You might be right. Just seems that a trade would put the spotlight on it once again, and then when he steps foot on the field, one more time. Or a few times, as he plays on Sunday, Monday, or Thursday and all the networks take their piece of flesh. I guess Miami’s real bet would be on Watson not doing it again. Or not getting caught again. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, undertow said:

Believe all women....unless it's 46 of them and the dude is good at playing QB. lol

I don't think you understand what that phrase means.

It doesn't mean to automatically remove peoples rights to due process, or the need for due diligence, or to replace the courts of law with other entities.

I actually do believe the women, and believe that Watson did what is accused.  I could care less how good of a QB he is, and I don't want him on my Jets.  I'm hardly a Watson apologist.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I don't think you understand what that phrase means.

It doesn't mean to automatically remove peoples rights to due process, or the need for due diligence, or to replace the courts of law with other entities.

I actually do believe the women, and believe that Watson did what is accused.  I could care less how good of a QB he is, and I don't want him on my Jets.  I'm hardly a Watson apologist.

innocent until proven guilty was a main tenet of Metoo?  I must have missed that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I love that your priority is him going to prison so he won't play in our division.  :-)

Not so he can't sexually assault any more women.

That was a given!! He can’t do that if he’s locked in a cell!

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, undertow said:

innocent until proven guilty was a main tenet of Metoo?  I must have missed that.

I think you've likely missed quite a bit, but to each their own.

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

He just got his contract last year. Why would he get a new deal? 

Because Miami will want to protect themselves from any potential fallout. ;-)  

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Yes, that's the creepy part.  

He can hire all sort of escorts.  They're not hard to find and he has the money to afford the best in the world.

He is a sexual predator, that was looking for easy targets on which to prey....... 

Well, then if any of them have any pride and integrity, they won't take money in lieu of justice.  Have a criminal trial.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Warfish said:

I don't think you understand what that phrase means.

It doesn't mean to automatically remove peoples rights to due process, or the need for due diligence, or to replace the courts of law with other entities.

I actually do believe the women, and believe that Watson did what is accused.  I could care less how good of a QB he is, and I don't want him on my Jets.  I'm hardly a Watson apologist.

What does it mean?  

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

Well, then if any of them have any pride and integrity, they won't take money in lieu of justice.  Have a criminal trial.  

It's not the women's call whether to hold a trial or not.  That's the function of the DA.

Historically, the problem for women has been that they are either ignored or their claims not believed.  So, their only recourse is a civil trial, where they hope to inflict monetary damages.   I'd bet the women accusing Watson would prefer a criminal trial in front of a judge and jury.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

Well, then if any of them have any pride and integrity, they won't take money in lieu of justice.  Have a criminal trial.  

So, to be clear.  So, he's not guilty because the women will take take millions of dollars instead of opening their lives up to ridicule (much like you're doing now) in order to assure he goes to prison?

  • Post of the Week 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

They will all be paid off and the NFL will suspend Watson for a few games and it will be forgotten about. Think about some players who were able to continue to make millions after egregious criminal actions. This is an easy sweep under the rug unfortunately.

Some people just get away with the damnedest things. Macc portraying a GM, Adams portraying a safety. And then there’s - I’ll stop there. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

So, to be clear.  So, he's not guilty because the women will take take millions of dollars instead of opening their lives up to ridicule (much like you're doing now) in order to assure he goes to prison?

Never said any of that.  So no reason to ask for clarity.

 

If the evidence is there, have a criminal trial

 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, jamesr said:

Because Miami will want to protect themselves from any potential fallout. ;-)  

Ah I see, I'd have to imagine for a deal to happen there will be contingencies built into the trade. Recoup draft picks etc

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/21/2021 at 11:54 AM, Hex said:

I think the 1 difference is that the huge majority of players who were able to play after committing horrible crimes-- those were mostly one time events. The thing with Watson is he has multiple dozen women accusing him, but I do agree that at one point he will play again. 

Ben Rapistburger says Hi!

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Of course not.  Floridians have no shame.  😛

Hell I know...guess I'll have to get a #4 jersey and head down to the south shore bath houses...

It's all good.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

He just got his contract last year. Why would he get a new deal? 

because thats the new thing now....u sign a contract, get your bonus, ask to be traded, and sign a brand new deal....you know "get the double bag"

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

because thats the new thing now....u sign a contract, get your bonus, ask to be traded, and sign a brand new deal....you know "get the double bag"

I've given plenty the ol "double bag"... 

teacup GIF

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

If you going to be locked up for years, you have to have the opportunity to face your accusers.  Don't know if he is guilty or not, but he should not be sent to jail or lose his job forever, without the alleged victims coming forward and telling their stories

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

If you going to be locked up for years, you have to have the opportunity to face your accusers.  Don't know if he is guilty or not, but he should not be sent to jail or lose his job forever, without the alleged victims coming forward and telling their stories

That’s exactly how I feel and it’s super frustrating too see these things get “tried” on social media.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...