Jets got cyber bullied into changing their uniforms for this week's game

fullblast

3 hours ago, y2k8 said:

We can care about the team sucking and still speak our truth as bitchy fashionistas, thank you very much.

Well elucidated, y2k8.  As if keen awareness of properly matching ensembles and enjoying a sporting contest are mutually exclusive.  That's just, plain, poppycock.  And don't get me started on our uniform's basic silhouette.  Talk about tragic ignorance of commonplace fashion rigors. 

• Haha 2

I've always found if funny when folks complain about folks complaining about our uniforms because our team sucks.

And the ever moronic "I don't care if they wear pink polka dots as long as they win" nonsense.

Uniforms and winning are mutually exclusive when it comes to fandom.  Uniforms do no effect winning or cause losing.

We ALL want to win.  At the same time, why can't we ALL want nice uniforms.  It's no longer 1950 or 1960 listening to games on radio--it's a visual sport, visual entertainment.  

I want to win AND I want to have my team look good doing so.  I know the pink polka dots is hyperbole but would you REALLY want to see the team come out of the tunnel in that?  Even if we're winning?  Because pink polka dots isn't causing the winning, great talent and great coaching causes winning.  

If I'm a Packer fan, a franchise that all they've done is won over the past 2 decades, and they come out in those god awful throwbacks, or Pittsburgh with their Halloween costume bee uniforms, I'm happy they won but can't say I enjoyed the visual experience.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Zachtomims47 said:

The Kelly green era unis

I certainly enjoy the new unis, reminds me of the 90s unis, which was when I became a fan so they hold nostalgic value to me.  But I agree that 99% of the fan base would be thrilled with a true Namath era uniform, myself included.

That said, I would like to keep our current unis as our alternate going forward if the change was made.

The new uniforms blow. Whoever green lit those was on drugs. A few years back when the Jets wore the gray facemasks in their classic Super Bowl uniforms they looked awesome. Won the game, beat a decent Colts team. 

elmuytcwhyehn5npcbvg

If they want the lighter kelly green back that works. Just keep the Namath template with the white helmet. 

@joewilly12 called this with the abysmal sales. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

10 hours ago, Matt39 said:

The new uniforms blow. Whoever green lit those was on drugs. A few years back when the Jets wore the gray facemasks in their classic Super Bowl uniforms they looked awesome. Won the game, beat a decent Colts team. 

elmuytcwhyehn5npcbvg

If they want the lighter kelly green back that works. Just keep the Namath template with the white helmet. 

@joewilly12 called this with the abysmal sales. 

Agreed. And by doing so they continue to sh*t on the only positive thing in Jets history.

• Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, jgb said:

They’re coming back. And sales will explode. Woody playing 7-D chess.

I haven’t been to a Jets home game since 2016. Last game I went to was in Tampa in 2017 when down by 2 scores and 4 minutes left Bowles punts :rl:  I just couldn’t take it anymore. When your coach outright quits. I went to the opener in Buffalo in 2017 too and down by 14 points with 3 minutes left he kicks a fg.

I haven’t bought any new jets gear in 5 years and made the mistake of wearing it to watch the Falcons game at the bar. I’m in a wait and see mode right now. All I do is get aggravated and pissed off watching them, and that’s on ******* TV FOR FREE lol

ok rant over.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, BP said:

I haven’t been to a Jets home game since 2016. Last game I went to was in Tampa in 2017 when down by 2 scores and 4 minutes left Bowles punts :rl:  I just couldn’t take it anymore. When your coach outright quits. I went to the opener in Buffalo in 2017 too and down by 14 points with 3 minutes left he kicks a fg.

I haven’t bought any new jets gear in 5 years and made the mistake of wearing it to watch the Falcons game at the bar. I’m in a wait and see mode right now. All I do is get aggravated and pissed off watching them, and that’s on ******* TV FOR FREE lol

ok rant over.

We are becoming angry old men screaming at the TV. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

On 10/22/2021 at 5:35 AM, y2k8 said:

IIRC, when the Jets went back to white helmets in 1998, Parcells mentioned something to the effect that the QB would be able to better identify receivers.

Yes and that the only helmet that was more visible and would lead to wins was orange. 

Meanwhile, his quarterback was colorblind. 

SAR I

• Haha 1

On 10/22/2021 at 7:30 AM, jgb said:

We're getting the classic unis with the new color scheme basically as soon as league rules allow another change

That would be next season. If the Jets submitted an alternate helmet design by the July 2021 deadline they are allowed to start wearing them in September 2022.

(Hides under table) Remember Woody’s Tweet from June where he showed a black helmet mocked up….

SAR I

• Haha 1