Joe Judges great wisdom.....

Beerfish

On Thursday, Judge acknowledged it's on him to right the ship.

"I'm the head coach. It's my responsibility. Point blank," the coach said, via Art Stapleton of The Record. "Every player on this field, every position group, the execution, it all comes down to me. The fish stinks from the head down. I've been taught that by great guys I've worked for and played for. There's no excuses."

what the hell?  What's he got against fish!?!?!?

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Bellichick and his disciples record WITHOUT Brady is beyond awful. They all talk this great, tough guy game. They all treat the media like idiots (which may not be a bad thing) and they all  lose at astonishing rates.

Belichick's winning percentage without Brady is a full 10% higher than Bill Walsh without Montana/Young.

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

He just seems in over his head and i dont see it changing any time soon.  He seems like a guy who would be a great special teams coach on any staff but HC just isnt his strong point.  I think a lot of coaches fall in this category.  Bowles better as a DC,  Gase should never have been more than an OC, ect   I think hes losing his locker room and that is tough or impossible to get back.   And its the Giants so F them anyway !

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Belichick's winning percentage without Brady is a full 10% higher than Bill Walsh without Montana/Young.

Lmao. Do you care to share the amount of games Walsh coached without those 2 vs bellichick without Brady?

Bellichicks record of futility without Brady is significantly greater. 

But I give you credit for trying. 

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, munchmemory said:

Judge out the door with Gettleman after this season.  Another bum from NE.

“Rebuilding the right way” never works.

The Giants won Super Bowls because they had the balls to tamper and trade up to get Eli Manning. Just like the Jets and Joe Namath.  Just like the Jets and Bill Parcells.  You would think these teams could figure it out.  Football is an aggressive sport, that isn’t just on the field. Owners who break conventional rules win championships.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

"I'm the head coach. It's my responsibility. Point blank," the coach said, via Art Stapleton of The Record. "Every player on this field, every position group, the execution, it all comes down to me. The fish stinks from the head down. I've been taught that by great guys I've worked for and played for. There's no excuses."

https://external-preview.redd.it/TtbP5WBgM5oEoJqs6vCx9xZzPcuKu8LpjHBTqux9GqQ.png?auto=webp&s=82c73bc603eec9c7bef6646290c7fdcdffe09ea1

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

I knew that Joe Judge was a pile of sh*t when he spoke to a rookie who was just drafted. I think it was Andrew Thomas. I don't recall exactly how the call went but he was a Debbie Downer and didn't even let the kid be excited about getting drafted to an NFL team. 

IIRC, he told Thomas not to tell the media about whether he would play left tackle in the pros or something. Every rookie was told what questions they were allowed to answer and they all seemed miserable on draft day. 

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Lmao. Do you care to share the amount of games Walsh coached without those 2 vs bellichick without Brady?

Bellichicks record of futility without Brady is significantly greater. 

But I give you credit for trying. 

What exactly am I "trying?"

I posted the figures you are asking for in the Belichick winning percentage thread. You can also compile them yourself from pro-football-reference.com, like I did. 

16 hours ago, jgb said:

Bill Walsh has one of the greatest coaching trees in NFL history.  He took over a SF team that hadn't been to the playoffs for 6 straight years.   BB took over a Cleveland team that went to the playoffs 5 of the last 6 years before he got there.  He took over a NE team that went to the playoffs 3 of the previous 4 years before he arrived and was 8 and 8 the year before he arrived.

Walsh invented the modern day passing game.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

18 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Bill Walsh has one of the greatest coaching trees in NFL history.  He took over a SF team that hadn't been to the playoffs for 6 straight years.   BB took over a Cleveland team that went to the playoffs 5 of the last 6 years before he got there.  He took over a NE team that went to the playoffs 3 of the previous 4 years before he arrived and was 8 and 8 the year before he arrived.

Walsh invented the modern day passing game.

Oh I'm not arguing Walsh sucks, only that winning percentage without HOF QB is at best an overly-simplistic measure of a HC.

4 minutes ago, jgb said:

Oh I'm not arguing Walsh sucks, only that winning percentage without HOF QB is at best an overly-simplistic measure of a HC.

You should take a look at Young's numbers before he was mentored by Walsh.  He wasn't going to sniff the HOF without Walsh.  Montana was a great QB and probably would have been great anywhere but Walsh's system might have had something to do with it. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Biggs said:

You should take a look at Young's numbers before he was mentored by Walsh.  He wasn't going to sniff the HOF without Walsh.  Montana was a great QB and probably would have been great anywhere but Walsh's system might have had something to do with it. 

I think we are violently agreeing that a Coach's greatness goes far beyond what their winning percentage is without a HOF QB :) 

Likewise some credit does have to be given to Little Bill for developing Brady.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Is that even an accurate factual statement?  I've not been around enough stinky fish to know for sure, but I would imagine the whole fish stinks.

19 hours ago, Beerfish said:

I am thinking the Dolphins and Giants might be 2 of the teams hiring a head coach at the end of the year. 

18 hours ago, Barton said:

I'd rather he say that than Saleh who blamed the players and offensive coordinator for the offenses bad performances. 

but its the players who play. way should they get off.

a coach can only do so much. sometimes the player has to get his head out of his ass,

1 hour ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Is that even an accurate factual statement?  I've not been around enough stinky fish to know for sure, but I would imagine the whole fish stinks.

Pretty sure the actual saying is that a fish rots from the head down. 

• Upvote 3