Thursday Night Football....

Beerfish

3 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Subjected? More like treated deliciously, at least if your a Jets fan. Those  games  are scrumptious and watching them here together is definitely a must for this fatman’s social calendar. 

D88E7FB4-03F9-4F6B-ACBA-EA69012818BA.gif

Oh I know, that’s why I said “NFL fans”.  I’m sure most of them aren’t very entertained by the Seahawks right now.  Must-see TV for Jets fans though!

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Fantastic!!  Delusion of the highest order.  

Thought you'd like that one. It's a two-fer. Geno and Jamal!

My favorite part is the belief that Russ Wilson to Geno Smith "is not much of a drop off." I can't imagine even the biggest Jets homer being that in the tank. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

14 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Coincidentally, for all of those who believe that Deshaun Watson’s career is over, Aikman and Buck just spent five minutes talking about how Jim Brown is the greatest football player of all time, and then played a highlight reel. They did not mention that Brown was also accused of domestic violence and rape multiple times. 

Brown is an emblematic figure who’s presented the way he is because he stands, as much as anyone now living, at the intersection of the athletic and political. He is also a man who has been accused of and investigated for beating or raping women at least six times over several decades, a period of time spanning from the 1960s through 2000. Of those cases, three resulted in charges that were tried before juries; the three other cases were dropped when the women said they didn’t want to pursue charges or witnesses stopped cooperating. He admitted in his own memoir to slapping women, and in another case blamed violent outbursts on his wife having her period. He was found guilty once—of vandalism—and jailed when he refused to attend domestic violence counseling ordered by the judge in that case. 

When Jim Brown played it was actually socially acceptable to discipline your wives. Honor and obey was much more literal then. And that does nothing to excuse Brown. He was a scumbag and because he was a scumbag and continued to play should have nothing to do with whether Watson should play in today's NFL. That said the NFL desperately wants Watson to continue playing.

13 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Different eras. If Jim Brown was playing today and those accusations were made, he'd be in the same hot water that Watson is in now. Life isn't fair and timing is everything. 

Also, not for nothing, but Watson has 22 women (!) accusing him of sexual misconduct concurrently. Watson *appears* to be a serial sexual predator. OJ, Jim Brown, Ray Lewis. Give me any HOFer you want - none of them make Watson any less of a creep. 

Actually it is 22 women filing complaints. There been others that want no money or attention that have also come forward in articles and such to back up the claims. Like I have said if he just really wanted a handy it literally takes around 20 seconds to find Houston based sensual massueses online.

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Hilarious that the Seahawks are getting so many prime time games, and NFL fans are getting subjected to Geno Smith and Jamal Adams playing terribly, lol.

It was obvious to me at least that Seattle would suck this year even with Wilson. Sunday and Monday footballe literally has like 1 of 5 teams in every single game. It is so lame.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

It was obvious to me at least that Seattle would suck this year even with Wilson. Sunday and Monday footballe literally has like 1 of 5 teams in every single game. It is so lame.

Absolutely.  I suggested before the season that the Seahawks were not at all a lock for the playoffs and I got scoffed at.  Low and behold they were headed for 2-3 in a tough division even with a healthy Wilson.

People need to listen to us more.  ****Official Fist Bump**** @joewilly12

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

When Jim Brown played it was actually socially acceptable to discipline your wives. Honor and obey was much more literal then. And that does nothing to excuse Brown. He was a scumbag and because he was a scumbag and continued to play should have nothing to do with whether Watson should play in today's NFL. That said the NFL desperately wants Watson to continue playing.

Ever hear about the origin of the phrase "rule of thumb"?  

From English common law:

A modern folk etymology relates the phrase to domestic violence via an alleged rule under English common law which permitted wife-beating provided that the implement used was a rod or stick no thicker than a man's thumb.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Absolutely.  I suggested before the season that the Seahawks were not at all a lock for the playoffs and I got scoffed at.  Low and behold they were headed for 2-3 in a tough division even with a healthy Wilson.

People need to listen to us more.  ****Official Fist Bump**** @joewilly12

Just need Geno to Geno. Money in the bank.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, johnnysd said:

When Jim Brown played it was actually socially acceptable to discipline your wives. Honor and obey was much more literal then. 

Times have changed.  Things that were socially acceptable 10-20-50-200 years ago will get you cancelled today.  Or worse.  Applying today's moral compass to behavior of the past is crazy.  Imagine 25 years ago someone being triggered because you didn't call them "they". 

5 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

I was just ribbing our resident Baker Mayfield fan. 

Mea culpa, brother.

I started a thread about two weeks ago saying I was done going out to a bar to watch this Jets team struggle to get 3 wins. It’s just not worth my time, money and the aggravation I get. I watched the two games on local tv down here (Jags and Panthers). 
I also said I needed to find a “second” team to root for to get me through this mess of a season. My list was the…

Panthers (local team, but I just can’t stomach watching Sam every week again)

Cardinals really fun team to watch, but I’d feel like a bandwagon jumper, plus I can’t relate to an unbeaten team) ?

which brings us to my third choice, and the one I went with…

the Browns. Yes, I’m a big Baker fan, and the Browns roster has that “island of misfit toys” vibe I like in a team. Just the right mix of players people don’t like (Baker, OBJ, Hunt) a bunch of young exciting guys, and a CS that seems to know what they’re doing. Add to that they got rid of their updated uniforms and went retro with the new ones, and I think I’m good here.

I might even have ordered a ‘47 Brand all brown cap with that amazingly cool elf logo. ?

• Haha 1