Jets get a call from commissioners office for poor ticket sales

Rhg1084

10 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Promotion- relegation system.

The solution to this could be to create a 2nd division NFL expansion with 10 teams, maybe?   

Offer teams to cities like Portland, San Diego, Louisville, Salt Lake City, Omaha, San Antonio, Sacramento, Oklahoma City, Wichita…

Dump the divisions.  There are only a handful of rivalries that people care about anyway, and that is us old guys.  The kids are barely watching.  

Then create a relegation promotion system.  Top 2 teams go up… bottom 2 teams go down.  

This bottom of the NFL crap with no consequences has to stop.    

People will absolutely being watching the teams on the bubble of both leagues in crunch time.  Like an extra set of playoff games…

You don’t need to expand and add 10 more teams, that’s ridiculous. The league’s talent is diluted enough.

You have 32 now. You could have four 6 team divisons with 8 of those making the playoffs. The other 8 teams would be those relegated.
At the end of each season you could have the low X number from the top 24 relegated to the lower league, being replaced by a correlating number that move up.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

You don’t need to expand and add 10 more teams, that’s ridiculous. The league’s talent is diluted enough.

You have 32 now. You could have four 6 team divisons with 8 of those making the playoffs. The other 8 teams would be those relegated.
At the end of each season you could have the low X number from the top 24 relegated to the lower league, being replaced by a correlating number that move up.

That’s fine!  Even better idea.

The goal is to stop allowing these bottom feeders from playing 3/4 of a season worth of meaningless games every year and getting away with it!

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Hockey is an in arena live experience. 

Baseball you put on the radio in the background. 

The NFL is a 100% TV experience considering the lack of action, the TV timeouts, the traffic, the cost of tickets and parking, mostly Sunday (work day on Monday) oh, and The Red Zone. 

Only fools buy actual tickets.

Roger is a pussy, get over it.  

Edit: Nobody cares about the NBA regular season. 

agreed.  I NEVER go to an NFL game that is non Jets and I go to about 1 game a year, away games.   simply to travel.  I sit there and ask, why the fukk am I here.  The TV timeouts are offensive……

• Upvote 4

40 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I’ll never understand the people who have season tickets for any sport right now, especially football.

Between the price of PSLs, tickets, parking, concessions, the time involved getting to and fro, the canned noise and tv time outs, you have to be a glutton for punishment. This is coming from someone who had 4 seats for over 20 years, up until the year before the PSLs.

I shake my head at the fans of good teams who do it. With a team like the Jets, I’m being dead serious when I tell you I wouldn’t go to 8 games a year even if they paid for my tickets.

I'm right there with you. They try to get me to buy season tickets every year and I just tell them "The tickets will drop in price dramatically once they start losing, zero shot I pay face value for a ticket"

I only attend the home opener, at least there is still hope then. That said, I was gifted Jets vs Bengals tickets so I'll be at that game.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

He’s the f’cking commissioner. He should pass a rule that a team can only have a Top 5 quarterback for 3 years before he is mandatorily transferred to a needy team.

There aren’t enough great quarterbacks to go around and thus the league is unfair. He can solve that himself.

SAR I

I'm surprised you're in favor of Quarterback Communism. 

• Haha 4

22 minutes ago, nycdan said:

The Jets are ranked 6th in the league in average home game attendance this year.    In 2019 they were 2nd in the league.  This is an easy stat to look up.

The five lowest teams this year are WFT, NO, DET, JAX, LV.

In 2019 they were LAR, CIN, TB, LV and IND.

So...I'm calling bullsh*t on the original tweet.  

I would agree with you, but I went to the Titans game. It was a perfect late summer early afternoon game. The official attendance was registered as 70,232 (85% capacity).

That was a lie. As the photo taken in the 2nd quarter shows, 50k is a generous attendance estimate. From a distance, speckled grey seats hide a lot. But if you double click on the photo you can zoom in and look at the sections. This was home game #2 !!

IMG_1527.jpg

• Upvote 4

I think the best way to solve the commissioner problem is to have them hold terms of up to 8 years or something, then they have to let somebody else take over. That way, if a commissioner is a load of crap, they won't be there for long.

1 hour ago, Peace Frog said:

Hockey is an in arena live experience. 

Baseball you put on the radio in the background. 

The NFL is a 100% TV experience considering the lack of action, the TV timeouts, the traffic, the cost of tickets and parking, mostly Sunday (work day on Monday) oh, and The Red Zone. 

Only fools buy actual tickets.

Roger is a pussy, get over it.  

Edit: Nobody cares about the NBA regular season. 

Nobody cares about bad teams. Especially bad teams that have been bad for a decade. 

Good teams will see good attendance. Simple math. 

33 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

I'm surprised you're in favor of Quarterback Communism. 

Every week, the teams with the top 10 quarterbacks win and every week the teams without good quarterbacks lose. The game is entirely built around the premise of the passing game and if you don’t have a good passer you don’t have a chance.

I have spent the better part of $50,000 on tickets in the past decade praying that college boys turn into a franchise quarterback. Started with Sanchez, morphed into Smith, brief flirtation with Petty, then the big hope with Darnold, and now the big prayer with Wilson.

I’m done with it. Not so much the money, but the time. I have to arrive in the parking lot by 10 AM, don’t get home until 5 PM, trapped watching mediocre football, the stupid PA announcer saturating us every second during a time out, screaming at us to “make noise!” when all the team does is not score and face constant third downs. F-ck you, assholes, “make points!”  I’m not enjoying it anymore. When one loses hope there’s nothing left. 

SAR I

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Nobody cares about bad teams. Especially bad teams that have been bad for a decade. 

Good teams will see good attendance. Simple math. 

This wasn’t a math quiz. 

There are certain sports that are made for TV and some made for being there live. 

The NFL has intentionally made itself into a TV medium. 

Hockey live. Baseball one game a year (out of 81) live.  NBA nobody cares until playoffs. Tennis, the big 4 finals otherwise nobody cares. Golf all TV.

The only sport where live is REALLY a thing is European soccer  and if you’ve been to one it’s incredible.  

Simple math. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Every week, the teams with the top 10 quarterbacks win and every week the teams without good quarterbacks lose. The game is entirely built around the premise of the passing game and if you don’t have a good passer you don’t have a chance.

I have spent the better part of $50,000 on tickets in the past decade praying that college boys turn into a franchise quarterback. Started with Sanchez, morphed into Smith, brief flirtation with Petty, then the big hope with Darnold, and now the big prayer with Wilson.

I’m done with it. Not so much the money, but the time. I have to arrive in the parking lot by 10 AM, don’t get home until 5 PM, trapped watching mediocre football, the stupid PA announcer saturating us every second during a time out, screaming at us to “make noise!” when all the team does is not score and face constant third downs. F-ck you, assholes, “make points!”  I’m not enjoying it anymore. When one loses hope there’s nothing left. 

SAR I

Wow!! Your suppose to support woody at all costs.  I thought i never would see this from you ?

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Now you finally understand why I watched in my basement eating pretzels all these years.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, nycdan said:

The Jets are ranked 6th in the league in average home game attendance this year.    In 2019 they were 2nd in the league.  This is an easy stat to look up.

The five lowest teams this year are WFT, NO, DET, JAX, LV.

In 2019 they were LAR, CIN, TB, LV and IND.

So...I'm calling bullsh*t on the original tweet.  

Good point 

3 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

I'm right there with you. They try to get me to buy season tickets every year and I just tell them "The tickets will drop in price dramatically once they start losing, zero shot I pay face value for a ticket"

I only attend the home opener, at least there is still hope then. That said, I was gifted Jets vs Bengals tickets so I'll be at that game.

It’s a bummer. One of the best experiences of my life was going to the Jets/Jags divisional game with my dad.

I remember thinking then that I wanted to get Jets season tickets. And now I can’t imagine even considering paying for them now. Very sad.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

I’m a season ticket holder, i can’t make the Halloween game cause im taking my kid trick or treating. No joke, I can’t even give my tickets away for free. I’ve asked some friends and family nobody wants them. On that note, If anyone on here wants tickets to the Halloween game vs cincy lemme know lol

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

54,000 enough said, the Jets used to be top 3 even with sh*t teams. I think the fans have finally had enough.

Was curious to see what attendance would be like after Covid.

How many lifetime STHs were gonna spend all season at home on the couch and decide they enjoyed not spending several hours in traffic to watch a dogsh*t team?

Should be interesting to keep an eye on.

Edited by AFJF
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

THaT wIlL HeLp TiCket sAleS foR thE ReleGaTeD TeAmS.  It will put the 8 relegated teams out of business in a heartbeat.  Just stop with this Premier League soccer BS please.