Jump to content

Kurt Warner is off his rocker


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dude thinks you need more than five games to tell if a QB is legit or not. Okay, Boomer.    

Darnold had some insane throws as well. They were just to the other team.

I think 5 games is enough to see if a guy has special talent or not. Wilson’s raw ability jumps off the screen. Tuas, for example,  does not. 

Posted Images

What’s amazing is that no one learns…

There’s still more options after 5 games than “great” and “worst in the league bad.”  There was when Darnold was the QB and there is now too.

  • Upvote 3
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, usanyj said:

This I absolutely agree with. Has Wilson frustrated me? Sure, beyond belief. But there have been some insane flashes, some throws that I’ve never seen a Jets qb make that gives me hope.

Oh for crying out loud. You have never seen a Jets QB throw a deep accurate pass. Really? Are you 10 years old or something? 

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, usanyj said:

This I absolutely agree with. Has Wilson frustrated me? Sure, beyond belief. But there have been some insane flashes, some throws that I’ve never seen a Jets qb make that gives me hope.

Seriously? Again with the flashes? 😂

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Kurt Warner was all pro in his first year starting.  First start 302 3TD's 2 INT's.  He improved in his second start  3TD's O Int's.  In his third start he had a 158 QBR with over 300 yards 3 TD's 0 Int's.   He threw a pick in his 4th start but he did throw 5 TD's.    He's 5th start was a stinker he only threw 1 TD 0 INT's.   

Kurt Warner had one of the greatest years a QB can have in his first year as a starter.   He was the league MVP.    But yes I agree with him you can't tell anything after 5 starts.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Kurt Warner was all pro in his first year starting.  First start 302 3TD's 2 INT's.  He improved in his second start  3TD's O Int's.  In his third start he had a 158 QBR with over 300 yards 3 TD's 0 Int's.   He threw a pick in his 4th start but he did throw 5 TD's.    He's 5th start was a stinker he only threw 1 TD 0 INT's.   

Kurt Warner had one of the greatest years a QB can have in his first year as a starter.   He was the league MVP.    But yes I agree with him you can't tell anything after 5 starts.  

Well so much for that then…

0D391535-11CB-45AF-BCBD-EADBEF4332B5.gif

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

- Flashes of greatness

- Peyton Manning rookie INT record

- Troy Aikman

- Only a handful of QB's can do

- Coaching, system, weapons, 

- Be patient 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Kurt Warner was all pro in his first year starting.  First start 302 3TD's 2 INT's.  He improved in his second start  3TD's O Int's.  In his third start he had a 158 QBR with over 300 yards 3 TD's 0 Int's.   He threw a pick in his 4th start but he did throw 5 TD's.    He's 5th start was a stinker he only threw 1 TD 0 INT's.   

Kurt Warner had one of the greatest years a QB can have in his first year as a starter.   He was the league MVP.    But yes I agree with him you can't tell anything after 5 starts.  

Kurt Warner was really Roy Hobbs...just a different sport.😁

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, section314 said:

Kurt Warner was really Roy Hobbs...just a different sport.😁

One  of my all time favorite sports movies along with Rush and Caddy Shack.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Oh for crying out loud. You have never seen a Jets QB throw a deep accurate pass. Really? Are you 10 years old or something? 

Why is it so hard to accept that the QB of the team you like has and has shown special talent?

Deep accurate pass? Is that what the poster said?

Wilsons natural talent does, in fact, jump off the screen - and yes, he has done things, from just a sheer skill-set perspective that I've never seen from a Jets QB....

He hasn't played well - no doubt -

but this refusal to accept anything positives or immediate need to attack anything positive said about him -  is just bizarre to me..

(not saying you're the one attacking him, just overall) 

 

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Biggs said:

One  of my all time favorite sports movies along with Rush and Caddy Shack.

Yup, watch it every time it's on. My favorite line is when he reconnects with Glen Close, and he's telling her how his life got sidetracked and he says..."gosh, I love baseball. Someday , when I'm walking down the street and people see me they'll say there goes Roy Hobbs, he's the best there ever was."  For so many of us who grew up eating sleeping and drinking baseball, it hits home so hard.

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Kurt Warner was all pro in his first year starting.  First start 302 3TD's 2 INT's.  He improved in his second start  3TD's O Int's.  In his third start he had a 158 QBR with over 300 yards 3 TD's 0 Int's.   He threw a pick in his 4th start but he did throw 5 TD's.    He's 5th start was a stinker he only threw 1 TD 0 INT's.   

Kurt Warner had one of the greatest years a QB can have in his first year as a starter.   He was the league MVP.    But yes I agree with him you can't tell anything after 5 starts.  

He played in the AFL/NFL Europe for 4 years before getting a shot in the NFL

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ZachEY said:

What’s amazing is that no one learns…

There’s still more options after 5 games than “great” and “worst in the league bad.”  There was when Darnold was the QB and there is now too.

Remember all those here screaming that Maccs pick of Quinnen was so stupid and he was a bust who needed to be traded for a 3rd round pick if possible

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Oh for crying out loud. You have never seen a Jets QB throw a deep accurate pass. Really? Are you 10 years old or something? 

While on the run, with a flick of the wrist while off platform? 

No, not really and I go back to Namath forward.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Remember all those here screaming that Maccs pick of Quinnen was so stupid and he was a bust who needed to be traded for a 3rd round pick if possible

I'll fess up.........guilty as charged.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Remember all those here screaming that Maccs pick of Quinnen was so stupid and he was a bust who needed to be traded for a 3rd round pick if possible

Still a bad pick though.

I hated that pick, still do.  Jets needed offense, not another DT.  

Nothing against Q - I like him and he may still turn out to be a good football player.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Why is it so hard to accept that the QB of the team you like has and has shown special talent?

Deep accurate pass? Is that what the poster said?

Wilsons natural talent does, in fact, jump off the screen - and yes, he has done things, from just a sheer skill-set perspective that I've never seen from a Jets QB....

He hasn't played well - no doubt -

but this refusal to accept anything positives or immediate need to attack anything positive said about him -  is just bizarre to me..

(not saying you're the one attacking him, just overall) 

 

 

20 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Why is it so hard to accept that the QB of the team you like has and has shown special talent?

Deep accurate pass? Is that what the poster said?

Wilsons natural talent does, in fact, jump off the screen - and yes, he has done things, from just a sheer skill-set perspective that I've never seen from a Jets QB....

He hasn't played well - no doubt -

but this refusal to accept anything positives or immediate need to attack anything positive said about him -  is just bizarre to me..

(not saying you're the one attacking him, just overall) 

 

What he said is he has seen some throws he has never seen a Jets QB make. Which passes were those exactly? I'd really like to know. Ken O'Brien for all his faults threw a deep accurate ball. So did Brett Favre, and Vinny T. And I was being kind in what wrote. I didn't bring up his glaring inability to throw a short pass accurately.  And to be honest, no, I have not seen a special talent from Wilson. I was hoping I would but I don't  see it. Does he have talent, Hell yes. He has a great arm and a nice deep pass but that is about where it ends. His pocket awareness  is average at best, he makes boneheaded decisions just like Darnold did, he misses open receivers, and he holds the ball way too long a lot. 

Fortunately  all these things can be attributed to being a rookie but this guy is like having a shooting guard who hits 3 pointers but can't  make a layup. How absurd  is that?

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

While on the run, with a flick of the wrist while off platform? 

No, not really and I go back to Namath forward.

Can you show me a video of this pass he made. I'm not talking about his pro day where he scripted all the throws and practiced them for like 2 weeks, i mean in the games he has played a pro. The deep throws I have seen for the most part were when he was rolling out and reset his feet before the throw

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...