Kurt Warner is off his rocker

AFJF

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Looking at the rest of that first round, I’ll take Fletcher Cox for sure.  What I would have preferred is trading UP into the 2nd and taking one of Metcalf or Brown, because the 3rd and 4th round were, IMO, a whole lot of “meh”.

FTR, I was for trading out of the third pick because it was such a flimsy first round and Williams was the last of the big prospects, which (I presume) would inflate the value of the pick, and the Jets needed a sh*tload more than one DT with one year of production. You were right that he’s start playing better as this year went on, but it’s going to be a tough pill to swallow giving him that monster contract

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

Does your dad really need you to fight his battles? Really?

Nope.  Not surprisingly, you lack the self awareness to realize that more than one person can find your incessant whining to be f*cking obnoxious.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Biggs said:

Kurt Warner was all pro in his first year starting.  First start 302 3TD's 2 INT's.  He improved in his second start  3TD's O Int's.  In his third start he had a 158 QBR with over 300 yards 3 TD's 0 Int's.   He threw a pick in his 4th start but he did throw 5 TD's.    He's 5th start was a stinker he only threw 1 TD 0 INT's.   

Kurt Warner had one of the greatest years a QB can have in his first year as a starter.   He was the league MVP.    But yes I agree with him you can't tell anything after 5 starts.  

That first year came after a quick stint with the Pack and then NFL Europe and the Arena league.

Sometimes practice makes perfect.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

FTR, I was for trading out of the third pick because it was such a flimsy first round and Williams was the last of the big prospects, which (I presume) would inflate the value of the pick, and the Jets needed a sh*tload more than one DT with one year of production. You were right that he’s start playing better as this year went on, but it’s going to be a tough pill to swallow giving him that monster contract

Unfortunately, the view you had on that draft was league wide and no one wanted to trade up.  Just the way she went.  I was ok with Metcalf in the late first that year, so trust me, I understood the desire to trade down.  You just can’t do it if no one else does though.

4 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

As I said to T0m, I think the real move to be made in 2019 was a trade up into the 2nd, but that’s me.  I don’t there would be anyone complaining about that draft if we walked out with QW and one of Metcalf or Brown.

I think rumors said if Macc traded up he was gonna take Mecole Hardman. Would love to have gotten Metcalf or Brown but I don't think Macc would make it happen.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

But you’d agree he’s not Donald. More like Fletcher Cox, which is still pretty good, but not optimal value at 3, and they’re going to have to pay him elite money for what he does, which is not ideal

But the point was Fidelio claiming taking a defensive player at 3 was a mistake then and is today.  Who was there that we missed out on from that side?  Daniel Jones or a Hockenson?  

That was it, he made that "have to draft offense, even if there isnt one there" comment

3 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Oh, Ok, it just a coincidence 

Understand Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

Yeah.  Coincidence.  I’ve been around here longer than he has.  You gonna cry about it?  There are plenty of people here that he likes, that I can’t stand, and vice versa.  You just happen to be the one we both agree doesn’t stop complaining because he didn’t get the toy he wanted for Christmas.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Grandy said:

I think rumors said if Macc traded up he was gonna take Mecole Hardman. Would love to have gotten Metcalf or Brown but I don't think Macc would make it happen.

Would have been fine with that as well fwiw.

8 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

If it was one time, I wouldn't  mention it. It's  like whenever you don't  know what to say.

Btw, call off your kid. It's  embarrassing  you. 

You know what was embarrassing?  

When I got on a  zoom call, just you, me and one other poster and you were badmouthing my kid, how embarrassed where you when I told you that hes my son?  BTW, my "kid" knows more about football than you've ever shown.  So theres that

But once again, you cant stop responding and lighting up my notifications.  

5 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Unfortunately, the view you had on that draft was league wide and no one wanted to trade up.  Just the way she went.  I was ok with Metcalf in the late first that year, so trust me, I understood the desire to trade down.  You just can’t do it if no one else does though.

My hope was that some contender would want a pretty good penetrating DT prospect and get desperate.

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

But the point was Fidelio claiming taking a defensive player at 3 was a mistake then and is today.  Who was there that we missed out on from that side?  Daniel Jones or a Hockenson?  

That was it, he made that "have to draft offense, even if there isnt one there" comment

TBH, I saw that you and Fidelio were going at it and kinda skimmed past it. Reading your battles are bad for my chi flow.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Yeah.  Coincidence.  I’ve been around here longer than he has.  You gonna cry about it?  There are plenty of people here that he likes, that I can’t stand, and vice versa.  You just happen to be the one we both agree doesn’t stop complaining because he didn’t get the toy he wanted for Christmas.

To be honest, I never respond to your dad because we both rub each other the wrong way. There are plenty of post from him that he makes I don't  agree with but I know what happens so I just roll my eyes and go to the next post. Your dad on the other hand hasn't  learned how to do this and it always devolves into him saying I'm whining because I don't  agree with him. Seems the apple doesn't  fall far from the tree. 

I really don't  have a issue with you except for fabricating an issue that really doesn't  exist. Yes, I wanted Fields. I also wanted a good QB. Got neither so far but Wilson is incredibly  talented for all the good that is doing. 

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You know what was embarrassing?  

When I got on a  zoom call, just you, me and one other poster and you were badmouthing my kid, how embarrassed where you when I told you that hes my son?  BTW, my "kid" knows more about football than you've ever shown.  So theres that

But once again, you cant stop responding and lighting up my notifications.  

First off, it wasn't  just you an me, and secondly, I said your son was giving me a hard time on the message board and he was. I'm not embarrassed at all because it was true. 

Just now, More Cowbell said:

First off, it wasn't  just you an me, and secondly, I said your son was giving me a hard time on the message board and he was. I'm not embarrassed at all because it was true. 

Actually, I clearly wrote "When I got on a  zoom call, just you, me and one other poster"

I'll end it now, you just have a hard time when someone disagrees with you, clearly 

5 hours ago, Biggs said:

Kurt Warner was all pro in his first year starting.  First start 302 3TD's 2 INT's.  He improved in his second start  3TD's O Int's.  In his third start he had a 158 QBR with over 300 yards 3 TD's 0 Int's.   He threw a pick in his 4th start but he did throw 5 TD's.    He's 5th start was a stinker he only threw 1 TD 0 INT's.   

Kurt Warner had one of the greatest years a QB can have in his first year as a starter.   He was the league MVP.    But yes I agree with him you can't tell anything after 5 starts.  

He was also cut 3x from 2 different teams and was forced to play in the Arena league before catching on as a last chance longshot with the Rams before he found success..... so there's that!

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I'm trading down - or taking the BOPA.  call it a "reach" if you want.  The one thing I'm not doing is taking a DT - Oliver, Q or anyone else.

Under the Jet's circumstances - taking a DT there was professional neglect.

No offense, but this post is baloney.

1.  You can't just trade down.  Who the **** is trading up?  What are they giving you?  When there is nobody you like, there is usually nobody anybody likes.  The only trade up in the top 20 was Pittsburgh giving up 20, 52 and a future 3rd for Devin Bush.  Are trading 3 for that?!?!  Do you think Pittsburgh was going to kick in a 2020 1st with that?  Not going to happen.

2.  BOPA  was who?  I posted them.  None of them are worthy of 3.  It's a ******* joke.  A blocking TE is probably the best choice by far.  Hockensen is nice, but Jet fans would have crucified him as Kyle Brady 2.0 and he probably isn't winning this team any games. 

Professional neglect would have been taking Daniel Jones or Jonah Williams.  I hate Maccagnan more than the next guy, but automatically picking offense no matter how the board falls is flat out moronic.

11 hours ago, T0mShane said:

IMO, he’s ranked dead last because he’s a feral QB out there working with no coaching and no safety net. I read a stat today that Wilson is throwing it downfield a lot because he’s so “aggressive.” Where else is he supposed to throw it? At Tyler Kroft’s IR’ed corpse? His best receiving back has been inactive in every game, and his slot guy has been injured—why not throw it 20 yards down the field? It’s what he did at BYU—the last time he was receiving actual coaching. 

As far as Warner’s thing goes, the cutoff is 19 starts. If the kid still sucks at 19 starts, you have a major issue. Today is Start Six, coming off a Bye, against a compromised defense that got tuned up by Davis Mills. If Wilson is bad today, the team has to think about conjuring up a fake hamstring injury for him to give him a few weeks off to get his mind together.

So Zach jez needz weaponz?

• Thumb Down 1

@Mogglez I will actually say that @More Cowbell was not on the Fields bandwagon. Him and I often debated it and he wanted to build the team instead of another QB.  If anyone should be pining for that guy it would be me. I felt that you draft Fields and sit him for a year behind Darnold.

Feel like the excuse making for Wilson is hard to stomach only because this board was shouting down anyone who felt otherwise saying he was some fusion of Rodgers, Mahomes, and Jesus. 

I'm just not seeing anything different that what I thought might happen with Wilson predraft. All I kept getting shouted to about is how quick he was through his progressions and how he would make far less mistakes than Fields while being pro ready. Then the same people are now saying be patient blah blah.

Just frustrating, but really the thing that is frustrating is that we may have missed on another QB. And if that's the case, maybe the GM/Coach. 

5 hours ago, TheMo said:

@Mogglez I will actually say that @More Cowbell was not on the Fields bandwagon. Him and I often debated it and he wanted to build the team instead of another QB.  If anyone should be pining for that guy it would be me. I felt that you draft Fields and sit him for a year behind Darnold.

Feel like the excuse making for Wilson is hard to stomach only because this board was shouting down anyone who felt otherwise saying he was some fusion of Rodgers, Mahomes, and Jesus. 

I'm just not seeing anything different that what I thought might happen with Wilson predraft. All I kept getting shouted to about is how quick he was through his progressions and how he would make far less mistakes than Fields while being pro ready. Then the same people are now saying be patient blah blah.

Just frustrating, but really the thing that is frustrating is that we may have missed on another QB. And if that's the case, maybe the GM/Coach. 

Hi Mo,

Thank you for that but it wasn't  needed. These 2 are what they are with me. I don't  respond to either but @Jet Nut feels he can respond to me because  it's a message board despite the direction the conversation goes when I make my point which he has no argument for and either ignores it or just make a new narrative  to argue like just now where he said he has never seen a Jets QB  make an off platform throw with a flick of his wrist since Namath and I posted a video of Darnold doing it last season and then all of a sudden he asks what does that Darnold pass have to do with all the passes Wilson made this season. I seriously  think this guy has issues with admitting he wasn't  right about something since he said he never saw it, I showed him a Jets QB did do it, and suddenly we are arguing a different point.

As far as Fields, I have said here he was the guy we should have taken over Wilson so of course now I am some Justin Fields super fan according  to @Mogglez that should change my fandom to Chicago. Like I said it is what it is with these two. 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, peebag said:

That first year came after a quick stint with the Pack and then NFL Europe and the Arena league.

Sometimes practice makes perfect.

I think he actual threw 11 passes with the Packers before being cut.  Warner was not a coddled 1st round pick who was handed a starting QB spot.  He was lucky.  He didn’t learn how to be a great NFL HOF QB at the knee of a defensive cheerleaders BFF younger brother.  

54 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Hi Mo,

Thank you for that but it wasn't  needed. These 2 are what they are with me. I don't  respond to either but @Jet Nut feels he can respond to me because  it's a message board despite the direction the conversation goes when I make my point which he has no argument for and either ignores it or just make a new narrative  to argue like just now where he said he has never seen a Jets QB  make an off platform throw with a flick of his wrist since Namath and I posted a video of Darnold doing it last season and then all of a sudden he asks what does that Darnold pass have to do with all the passes Wilson made this season. I seriously  think this guy has issues with admitting he wasn't  right about something since he said he never saw it, I showed him a Jets QB did do it, and suddenly we are arguing a different point.

As far as Fields, I have said here he was the guy we should have taken over Wilson so of course now I am some Justin Fields super fan according  to @Mogglez that should change my fandom to Chicago. Like I said it is what it is with these two. 

Also it seems he doesn't  realize a laughing smiley is positive rep. 

Appreciated  @Jet Nut

3 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Also it seems he doesn't  realize a laughing smiley is positive rep. 

Appreciated  @Jet Nut

The idea that you dont respond to me is laughable.  I told you yesterday to let it go.  Today it starts again.  

I could care less if the emoji is a positive rep, I wasnt neg repping you whats the point?  

Just now, More Cowbell said:

Honestly,  I really don't  care at this point so there doesn't  need to be one. This is called trolling. Enjoy. 

Ugh, you tagged me big guy.  You dont like when I respond to your posts, youre the sensitive one and I let it go.  But I wake up to you tagging me.  

Yes it is called trolling, stop 

11 hours ago, TheMo said:

I remember around draft time he was on the Fields bus and the constant reminders that we passed on Justin don’t give me the idea that I’m misremembering, but I guess it’s possible.

I’m going to be totally honest, I have seen pretty much zero excuse making for Wilson from anyone on this forum.  In fact, the consensus around here seems to be that he’s already a bust.  In my own opinion?  Every single one of them has sucked so far besides Jones, who looks exactly like I thought he would.  Game manager you can win with.  Trevor and Zach have that one game under their belt where they shined their talents to win it for their respective teams, and that’s cool to see, but besides that?  Nothing.  Fields and Lance look like projects who should be sitting right now.  That all being said, we’re not even halfway through year one for these guys.  No one is crowned and no one is a bust yet.

3 hours ago, Mogglez said:

I remember around draft time he was on the Fields bus and the constant reminders that we passed on Justin don’t give me the idea that I’m misremembering, but I guess it’s possible.

I’m going to be totally honest, I have seen pretty much zero excuse making for Wilson from anyone on this forum.  In fact, the consensus around here seems to be that he’s already a bust.  In my own opinion?  Every single one of them has sucked so far besides Jones, who looks exactly like I thought he would.  Game manager you can win with.  Trevor and Zach have that one game under their belt where they shined their talents to win it for their respective teams, and that’s cool to see, but besides that?  Nothing.  Fields and Lance look like projects who should be sitting right now.  That all being said, we’re not even halfway through year one for these guys.  No one is crowned and no one is a bust yet.

And it's possible I am remembering incorrectly as well. I guess I am tired of oh XYZ supporting cast aren't giving Wilson a chance. I don't want to tag people and turn it into a pissing contest (if you do want the specific people I can privately message you and we can gossip privately Downton Abbey style ?). I'm not saying he has a perfect cast by any stretch, but a lot of the guys who ended up being good in the past didn't really either. In my admittedly small time following the NFL it rarely is the supporting cast as the reason a QB looks terrible (average maybe, but usually not awful). Still early but I don't see how he's much different than Darnold as far as the crazy throws here and there. Doesn't mean he turns out the same but can't see anything that says for sure he's gonna be different. 

• Sympathy 1