****The officially OFFICIAL NY JETS vs ne patriots game day thread****®©™️

BP

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You weren’t going to fire your GM because the coach wanted to use an extra fifth round pick on a project linebacker.

Or it's just the same mind-numbingly stupid argument made around here over and over for years about the Jets with every single coach and front office despite never once having a single thing to support it.

1 minute ago, Jets4Life1979 said:

The Pats dont have this amazing array of skill players on offense......but mcdaniels knows what to do.  

They're the definition of average.  Actually a pretty good barometer, b/c the fact that they're blowing us out just shows that we aren't an NFL lvl team.

• Upvote 1

The big question will be whether or not we draft another QB with one of our top five picks next year. If it were me, I would no question what so ever

I honestly dont know because I have never liked these schemes on offense or defense. Neither is suited for teams that play in the Northeast. Both are questionable overall at best.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

1 minute ago, JiFapono said:

Been playing golf, not paying attention to the thread, have we discussed Mike White being better than Zach?

I’m hoping he brings them back so the New York Post finally gets to use that “WHITE SUPREMACY!” headline they’ve been itching to use.

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

Plot twist....mike white sucks worse

what makes you say that ? he's actually hitting people in the chest and Ty "drop Johnson" right in the face and he still drops it. So far Zach Wilson has just about sucked in every game he's played barring a quarter or 2 . Lets see if the Offense over all is the problem or if its just Zach before we grade Mike White who looked pretty good in the preseason and in the short time he's played in this game so far

Just now, undertow said:

I was annoyed initially when Zach got hurt but I think it's a blessing in disguise the team is just gonna ruin him this year anyway.. let him sit for a few months.

Sam Darnold has a safety for grounding and a stupid INT losing 5-3 to the Giants… Any chance we can stop with the “ruin” stuff and just say the guy can’t play at this level?

18 minutes ago, freestater said:

I wanted Mike McCarthy.....................

I remember when folks like you and me who wanted McCarthy were laughed at and told repeatedly how Gase was a better pick up than McCarthy.............

And then after McCarthy had to adjust in Dallas how that SB winning HC was a bust... well now no one is mocking or laughing are they.!

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Why?

Even if it turns out that Wilson isn’t the guy, why toss yet another young QB into a sh*t situation?

They need to bring in a legit veteran to compete with Wilson next year and build up the rest of this terrible roster.

And neither Douglas, Saleh, LaFleur, etc. should be around to see the process through.

Go throw the bank at Doug Pederson. Go buyout Harbaugh from his Michigan contract. Hell, lure Mike Shanahan‘s ass out of retirement.

But one thing is for sure, I want to see a proven commodity hired. Not some dickbag coordinator or assistant.

You’re right. A young team like the Jets needed veteran coaches to teach, adapt, adjust…whatever.  Young, inexperienced coaches with young, inexperienced players is clearly a disaster in the making.   

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Bleedin Green said:

Or it's just the same mind-numbingly stupid argument made around here over and over for years about the Jets with every single coach and front office despite never once having a single thing to support it.

It’s your contention that the Head Coach has no impact on anyone the GM drafts and that’s certainly an opinion that you have.

1 minute ago, Charlie Brown said:

I remember when folks like you and me who wanted McCarthy were laughed at and told repeatedly how Gase was a better pick up than McCarthy.............

And then after McCarthy had to adjust in Dallas how that SB winning HC was a bust... well now no one is mocking or laughing now..!

Mike McCarthy is awful

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1