****The officially OFFICIAL NY JETS vs ne patriots game day thread****®©™️

BP

2 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I like Saleh, but he’s underwater and needs to figure out how to swim before he drowns. The problems the jets are having are not growing pains, they are not improving and appear to be getting worse.

The treated preseason like it was a pro bowl practice. 

3 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

This games 100 percent on the defense 

5 drives 

4 touchdown 

0 punts 

What about the Falcons game when the Falcons went up and down the field the entire first half? What about every other game when the defense gives up big 3rd down after big 3rd down? 

I am happy Wilson is out today so the rest of you can finally wake up and focus on how bad this defense truly is. 

Just now, T0mShane said:

That’s 100% on Saleh. He wanted those two strong safeties and this is the result.

Not even close to 100%.  Even if it is what Saleh wanted, it's still Douglas' job to make those calls.  Although I know that doesn't find the mind-numbingly stupid agenda of the super-secret-GM-in-hinding conspiracy theories around here.  Of course if it is even true, then Douglas should have been fired the moment he conceded because it basically means he's totally useless and not even doing his job, but letting others do it for him.

1 minute ago, Fantasy Island said:

On the back deck grilling.  I smelled something horrid, I thought one of my dogs had farted.  It was just the Jets coaching.  The efiing amateur CS didn't do anything but give each other handies during the bye.  Bad drafting plus inept coaching has sealed the deal for 2021.

Holy sh*t that had me dying

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I like Saleh, but he’s underwater and needs to figure out how to swim before he drowns. The problems the jets are having are not growing pains, they are not improving and appear to be getting worse.

It's almost like your coaching staff for a rookie should have a lot of experience and not mostly be rookies. I guess if the ONE guy who *did* have experience at his position didn't die then it would have all been better though. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Gen X Jet said:

Isn’t our coach supposed to be a defensive  guru? This is a clinic. 

Defensive guru-ship is predicated on the quality of the players on defense…coaches don’t play…and the greatest scheme can look pedestrian when the players executing it suck. Without Mosley, the back 7 is clueless.

• Post of the Week 1

Just now, neckdemon said:

Hate to be the one to break it to you. But I'm pretty sure we need to take our #1 pick and draft a qb

There’s no QB to take at #1.  I agree - at this point I’ve seen nothing to suggest Wilson should get Year 2, but that doesn’t mean we should overdraft someone again.

3 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

We're still in it.  Only 24 to tie.  Doable.  Mike White goes off in the second half.

LMFAO!!

A 4 minute TD drive before getting possession in the 2nd half would've been cool, but those 4th and 1 calls are, like, super-duper hard, yo.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

He hired all his buddies and now he has nowhere to turn for answers. He’s doomed here.

• Upvote 2