****The officially OFFICIAL NY JETS vs ne patriots game day thread****®©™️

BP

Just now, CanadienJetsFan said:

The outright ineptitude of this franchise is making me rethink just how much more I should invest time wise, on this team.

They had 2 weeks to scheme up a defensive game plan vs a rookie QB and they literally got destroyed both physically and as Bart Scott mentioned, mentally too.

You know what, I found last Sunday way more enjoyable as a football fan. No Jets playing, no loss, no frustration.

Before the game, I posted that I didn’t expect them to win today but I was hoping for a good effort. I guess I was asking for too much.

I know, I know, it’s not about this year. I know they’re re-building but for crying out loud, they didn’t even show a pulse out there.  but Am I the only long time suffering Jets fan feeling this way?

Not at all. Although I’ve seen far to many games like this in my longtime fandom I am not giving up hope that I will live to see another Jets Super Bowl victory but this one really stung because of who the opponents where that hung 50 on us. This game Reminds of the last time they hung 56 on us when Grogan was there QB 

2 minutes ago, CSNY said:

Not at all. Although I’ve seen far to many games like this in my longtime fandom I am not giving up hope that I will live to see another Jets Super Bowl victory but this one really stung because of who the opponents where that hung 50 on us. This game Reminds of the last time they hung 56 on us when Grogan was there QB 

3 minutes ago, CSNY said:

How Old Are You Saturday Night Live GIF - How Old Are You Saturday Night Live Are You Twelve GIFs

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, bostonmajet said:

doesn't change the fact that they cheap shotted our QB with no flag - fair is fair; maybe if they weren't able to bully teams and get away with it, they wouldn't get all of the momentum some time. Funny you should mention the Texans who are the only other team that the Pats beat - blocked their own punt....

Well... who on our team exacted any retribution?  The least someone on D could have done is rung the Pat's QB's bell or fallen on him with impunity.  In baseball, your pitcher hits someone on the opposite team.  What did the Jets do about it?  Nothing.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Nick Blitz said:

Dream scenario is Saleh going in with the stone cold stunner on BB at the handshake.

Like Saleh has the balls to do that.  He couldn't even muster up a tiny criticism of the officiating that allowed the clearly illegal hits that erased his QB from the game.  I thought this guy's MO was toughness and a no nonsense attitude.  Where the hell did all that fire go?  Into kissing BB at the 50 yard line?  A man would have at least just walked off the field and stiffed him.

2 hours ago, RSJ said:

If you are Woody you need to go and get someone who has head coaching experience. Someone who has been successful at it. You cant continue to sell this nonsense to fans.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Woody has no idea what's going on.  About anything.  He was born on third base and thinks he hit a triple.

9 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

wHY diDnt jOe dOUgLAs SiGn mORE fREe agENtS?

Trumaine Johnson $8 million

Sam Darnold $5 million

LeVeon Bell  $4 million

Quincy Enunwa  $3.6 million

Kelechi Osemele $3.12 million

Henry Anderson $1.3 million

That is some great gm’ing

all worked well, I would be fired for being that incompetent 

• 2 years later...
11 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Reminder for when we talk about what brilliant defensive minds Saleh and Ulbrich are.

I vividly remember this game. I was putting together a desk for my son’s room and the splinters piercing in my pelvis as I tried to keep the base lined up with the screws while I tightened it were nothing compared to watching Mac Grandma Hips Jones drop a 50 burger on us.

• Haha 1